Juventus to Malta in January (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
It's strange nobody posted those news until now although they're yesterday's news.

Congrats, Maltese fans, especially Mr. Cutajar...

----------------------------------------------

A delegation from Italian football club Juventus will be visiting the Juventus Club Vero Amore in Malta to discuss the team's training camp to be held on the island in January.

The delegation will be led by Juventus team manager Gianluca Pessotto and will also dedicate time to club members on Sunday, October 28.

Juventus will in fact be holding a training camp in Malta between January 8 and 15, 2008 and will also play a warm-up match against Valletta FC on January 9, a mere four days before they play away to Catania in Sicily in a Serie A match.

The last time Juventus visited Malta was in 1998, when the Turin side played against a selection of players from the local teams of Birkirkara and Sliema, winning the "Trofeo Malta" with the score of 5-1.

The first visit by Juventus in Malta dates back to 1971 in a match valid for the first round of the UEFA Cup, which saw the "Old Day" beating Marsa by 6-0.

Juventus also played against Valletta in 1987 in a match which ended 4-0 for the Italian giants who eventually made it to the second round of the UEFA Cup on an aggregate of 7-0.

The news of the training camp to be held in Malta has filled the bianconeri fans in Malta with enthusiasm especially after AC Milan's visit last year.

di-ve

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Juve's renaissance to take in Malta stop

The Juventus fans on the Maltese islands can look forward to an exhilarating start to 2008 after it emerged that the Serie A heavyweights are to hold a training camp in Malta in January. During their stay, between January 8 and 12, Juve will also grace the National Stadium when they play a friendly against Valletta.

Juventus are currently going through a revival after coming out of a dark chapter in their history.

Demoted to the Serie B and stripped of their last two Serie A titles following the 2006 soccer scandal, Juve made light of a 17-point penalty to storm back into the Serie A in style.

Their renaissance is continuing this season as Juventus, led by coach Claudio Ranieri, have made an auspicious start to their campaign, collecting 17 points from eight matches to move second in the standings.

Juve's pedigree should ensure that their tour of Malta is a big hit.

News that team captain and talisman Alessandro Del Piero has penned a new deal, that will keep him at Juventus until 2010, ought to have heightened the sense of anticipation among the Maltese fans who are known for their affection to the Italy midfielder.:confused2

Having gone to great lengths to lure Juventus to Malta, Renaissance Productions will certainly be hoping that the Bianconeri's visit will engender the same enthusiasm that Milan did earlier this year.

More synonymous with the organisation of music concerts, Renaissance Productions are confident that their first foray into football business will prove successful.

"We're excited about this venture," Anton Tabone and Amabile Zammit, directors of Renaissance Productions, told The Times.

"Our line of business is to organise top events and in football, you can't go higher than Juventus. :tup:

"Their participation in the Serie B last season had no negative effect on Juventus as a brand. On the contrary, their global marketing value has increased."

Whispers that a group of Maltese businessmen were in talks with Juventus over the possibility of hosting the team for a training camp here, first surfaced a few months ago.

Dr Tabone provided an insight into his company's long-standing efforts to strike a deal with Juventus.

"The competition was enormous," he commented.

"After all, this is a business deal. Juve are a public limited company and every decision has to be approved by all major stakeholders.

"With clubs like Milan and Inter, it's a different scenario because decisions of this kind are taken by their private owners.

"We chose to approach Juventus because of their popularity and also because we have good contacts with them. Nevertheless, we had to go through a bidding process as Juventus also considered offers from Dubai and China."

Now that the organisers have sealed their deal with Juventus, preparations for the training camp and friendly against Valletta on January 9 are already in full swing.

Gianluca Pessotto, the former Juve defender who now occupies the post of sporting director, will be here this weekend to assess training and accommodation facilities.

On November 5, Jean-Claude Blanc, Juve's chief executive officer, will address a news conference in Turin on their training camp in Malta. The media briefing will be broadcast live on Juventus channel.

In addition to their football commitments, Juventus, who will be bringing their entire first-team squad to Malta, have also agreed to take part in a social event for fans.

It has become commonplace for organisers to rope in the local supporters' club when renowned teams visit Malta. This will also be the case with Juventus and Dr Tabone made it a point to thank Michael Sciriha, the Juventus Vero Amore Supporters' Club president, for his co-operation.

As president of Valletta FC, Victor Sciriha has also joined his brother Michael and the organisers in promoting Juventus's training camp, given that his club will face the Serie A giants in a friendly match on January 9.

In 1998, Juventus, then under the guidance of Marcello Lippi, paid a fleeting visit to Malta where they played a friendly against a Sliema and Birkirkara selection, winning 5-1. This time, Valletta have won the 'race' to figure in the friendly.

"The choice of Valletta as Juventus's opponents is down to a number of factors," Dr Tabone said. "Primary among these is the passion of their fans. Juventus are also familiar with Valletta and one of their marketing officials described them as 'la storica squadra di Valletta'."

Valletta encountered Juventus in the UEFA Cup in 1987, losing 7-0 on aggregate.

Times of Malta

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    damn you rebel! I wanted to post this news first like 2 days ago, but kept on forgetting to post it!!!

Anyway i'm going free cause the organisers are friends of my father :weee: Definately going to ask them so i meet the players, especially Gigi, Giorgio, Trez, Nedved and Alex. All others are welcome as well.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Juventus for Valletta friendly in January

Italy’s Serie A giants Juventus are set to make thousands of local football aficionados happy as the team is set to hold a training camp and play Valletta FC in a showcase friendly next January.

After last year’s visit by AC Milan, Juventus will be holding a training camp in Malta between 5 and 12 January before leaving Malta to face Catania in a Serie A match on the 13 January. In the time spent here, Juventus will be playing a friendly match at the Ta’ Qali national stadium against Valletta.

Juventus will arrive in Malta with its full squad, including Alex Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Giorgio Chiellini, Mauro Camoranesi, Pavel Nedved, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Gianluigi Buffon who will be on the island for the second time in a few months.
    Manager Gianpiero Pessotto will be in Malta in the coming weekend for preparations ahead of the January visit.

The impresarios behind the Juventus spectacular are Renaissance promotions, whose director Anton Tabone was tight-lipped about the news. “At the moment I can’t say anything. I will speak at the right time when we hold a press conference.”

Alternative bids by other promoters were refused by the Italian club, which finally settled for Renaissance.

But Michael Sciriha, president of the Maltese Juventus fan club “Vero Amore”. was more forthcoming. Enjoying close ties with the likes of John El Kann, Jean Claude Blanc and Cobolli Gigli, Sciriha confirmed with MaltaToday that the contract between Rennaissance and Juventus FC has already been signed.

“Juventus club Malta will help all the way in this event. My other 14 colleagues in the committee will do everything possible to see our members happy and close to their idols. I am already dealing with Juventus FC and doing my best to see the players in our club at Birkirkara. It will be an occasion to increase the support towards the number one club in Italy from our country. This visit will continue building our perfect relationship towards the club.”

Sciriha said his club’s members “have the right to be the closest persons” in Malta to the players. He said the club will be opening every evening until January for the renewal of memberships.

Valletta will face the Italian legends 20 years after their UEFA Cup tie under Joe Caruana Curran’s presidency. MaltaToday spoke to the current Valletta president Victor Sciriha, brother to the Vero Amore president.

“To play against a great club with such world class players is an honour for everyone. The club and players can consider themselves lucky. I can even tell some other players from other teams to join our squad just for the occasion.”
    Sources told MaltaToday it was no mean feat to finalise the showcase match, due to the unconfirmed presence of another Italian club at the Ta’ Qali training grounds during Juventus’ sojourn.

Malta Today

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    damn you rebel! I wanted to post this news first like 2 days ago, but kept on forgetting to post it!!!

Anyway i'm going free cause the organisers are friends of my father :weee: Definately going to ask them so i meet the players, especially Gigi, Giorgio, Trez, Nedved and Alex. All others are welcome as well.

Take pics you mofo! TAKE PICS!!!!

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Malta has worked wonders on teams. Last winter Milan came to Malta for the winter break, and from playing shit for half a season they went on to win the CL. So when we win the Scudetto i expect to get lots of congratulations :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006

take some pics. You should ask them to do an interview with Juventuz.com kinda like the giovinco thing. That would be so awesome to get to talk to them.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    How about to take a honeymoon ?
    :cheesy:

have you been there before ?
    Malta would be quite nice for a honeymoon, as the beaches are quite nice, if you like diving there are many sites where you may go, we also have some of the oldest temples free standing temples in the world, even older than the pyramids and Stonehenge of England. Also we have very high quality hotels, and a great night life

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Seriously bro, take pics.
    don't you think its obvious i'm going to take photos of the match and me meeting the players???? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, so i'm going to make the best of it. If possible i'll try get a few tops as well :D

Mar 24, 2006
    Malta would be quite nice for a honeymoon, as the beaches are quite nice, if you like diving there are many sites where you may go, we also have some of the oldest temples free standing temples in the world, even older than the pyramids and Stonehenge of England. Also we have very high quality hotels, and a great night life
    I don't know about the honeymoon, but I have been there with a friend, and it's a very nice place I can tell you.
    Thanks Babe's for the explanation :kiss:

Yeahh , Seriously Michael , take a pictures or Quit from this forum !

:D

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)