Alessio Secco (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Alessio Secco has enjoyed a meteoric rise to the top, taking his place as Juventus director of football at the tender age of 36, one of the youngest in the Italian game. In an exclusive interview recorded earlier this week, he shared an altogether personal account of his life in black and white with the Juventus Channel cameras: “I don’t know if I’m the youngest in the business, I’d say it’s pretty close between myself and Marco Valentini at Messina. I took the course back in 2003 and taking this post was always my ambition”.

I grew up on bread and Juve. I was four years old when my father Sergio started out at Juventus, and he worked here for another 27 years. That’s how I’m so familiar with the values this glorious club stands for. Compared to the Juventus he was part of, things are little different today; back then there were only ten or so employees, now there are around eighty and in the meantime the world of football has also changed a great deal”.

Secco spoke a little on the earthquake which shook the club last summer: “So far it’s been a difficult year, with a thousand problems to be dealt with right from the start. But the team’s top of the league now and if things stay that way, it will be an experience to treasure, one which will stay with us for the rest of our lives. We can therefore count ourselves satisfied with what we’ve accomplished so far. The club has focused its attention on certain aspects which had gone astray, like showing a more human side for example. We’ve embarked upon a new path which could signal ground-breaking changes for Italian football as a whole”.

One particular episode from his first few months in charge springs to mind: “If I could change one thing it might be the sale of Mutu.:toast: If we’d had a little more certainty I wouldn’t have let him go, but at that stage no one even knew what division we’d be playing in and then it was suddenly all up to me to make the decision. Both Capello and I were responsible for the transfer market, but he had just left for Madrid and we were yet to decide upon a new coach. Was I puzzled by his departure? No, because I knew how much Spain and Real meant to him”.

And finally, as the season reaches its crucial stages and attention begins to shift to future transfer dealings, the director of football made the following appeal to the fans: “To this very day their support has never once waned. What I say to the fans is this: live this moment with the right sense of revenge and show the world that Juventus will always belong at the very summit of football. If we’re going to achieve the results we’ve set our sights upon, we all need to be pulling in the same direction, the club, the team and of course, all our supporters”.

Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Well, he has a good attitude though...

I was criticizing him for Mutu's sale, but he is brave enough to admit that he regrets it...

Despite buying Boumsong, I don't think he did many errors so far...Even Boumsong's purchase was a shared decision with DD...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Boumsong is nothing but a bad luck, and I still believe Mutu was a good deal, he is not going to be any better anyway, the good thing we made profit out of Mutu..

As For Boumsong, maybe somethings will change and he will adapt to the game and have more concentration, I still think that that kid has something to prove, time will tell..

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    Well, he has a good attitude though...
    :agree:
    ya reb u do make a good point

I was criticizing him for Mutu's sale, but he is brave enough to admit that he regrets it...

Despite buying Boumsong, I don't think he did many errors so far...Even Boumsong's purchase was a shared decision with DD...
    lets all just pray to god that he has learned from such experiences :eyebrows:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ReBeL, I am glad you changed your opinion about him :)

It was too early to sign him out. I think with time he'll become one of the best in the busineess.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    ReBeL, I am glad you changed your opinion about him :)

It was too early to sign him out. I think with time he'll become one of the best in the busineess.
    I may seem a stubborn guy, but I'm really not, especially when discussing non-political issues:D

Anyway, I hope him the best too...

I still don't like Gigli though :D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    It is nice to open a thread for Alessio Secco, Rebel. :cool:

I wish him all success in capturing the best players in the next few seasons, I can give a fair opinion about him after the end of the summer though. :smoke:

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I'll give him till the end of the next mercato season and make a judgment on him whether he's capable of being a GM or a Fax machine employee.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    He's got plenty to learn, and I do understand (now) why Mutu left, I guess it was difficult seeing that he just took the post with so many uncertainties.

Lets just hope he doesn't make the same kinds of mistakes in the future, I really liked Mutu, and he was really prepared to sacrifice for our club.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    I'll give him till the end of the next mercato season and make a judgment on him whether he's capable of being a GM or a Fax machine employee.
    I second that. Too early to judge him. TBH, he has done a "decent" job so far, we can't judge him for Boumsong, anyway I feel he has the attitude

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

So far he's doing perfectly well. People have perhaps been spoiled by Moggi's "magic" tricks..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)