Bobo Vieri - Calciopoli Hero (2 Viewers)

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct23a.html

Vieri continues Inter feud Tuesday 23 October, 2007

Ex-Inter hitman Christian Vieri has reopened old wounds by blasting the Nerazzurri for their treatment of star players.

The Fiorentina striker was one of the Beneamata’s most prolific of all time with 123 goals in 190 games between 1999 and 2005, but he left under a cloud.

Vieri reportedly accused Inter of spying on him and even monitoring his telephone conversations and returned to the subject after last weekend’s Tuscan derby.

“The truth will come out in the end and then everyone will see what happened,” Bobo told Sky Sports Italia.

“Now isn’t the time to talk about these things as there are lawyers working on it, but it’s a disgrace that you don’t know everything.

“I have all the documents so anyone can see the way Inter behaved. There is no reason to act like that towards a player, whoever he was.

“At Inter I think I only did well, but unfortunately we didn’t win anything because there were other sides stronger than us. I scored goals, trained well and acted with professionalism.”

Vieri also gave his support for troubled marksman Adriano, who he believes has also suffered at the hands of the San Siro giants.

“Look at Adriano, great players have problems with Inter as the club should defend its players more,” Vieri raged.

“First they love you, then they hate you, then they love you. It’s always the same with Inter.”

After an investigation, the Italian Football Federation initially dismissed Vieri’s accusations in June, but the matter is far from closed.

Love it! Guess a part of Bobo remains for ever in bianconeri.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Bobo is arguably the most lethal Post-1990 finisher the Serie A saw alongside Batigol and Trezeguet.One of my favourite players.I dont care how this trial ends,but i loved the "I'm more of a man than all of You!Unlike you,i can walk down the street with my head held high!":D

Seven7

Oct 30, 2007
Vieri was one hell of a striker during his heydays ...

I still cannot understand why juventus sold him after the 96/97 season ... and Inzaghi was brought in?

Del Piero/Inzaghi was good but Del Piero/Vieri would be really interesting :rolleyes:

Seven7

Oct 30, 2007
If i get my facts correctly, Vieri was sold to Aletico Madrid for abt 13 million pounds, Inzaghi was bought from Atalanta (Owned by Parma) for ~ 10million pounds, Fonseca was also bought in that same year ...

Anybody correct me if im wrong on the above

3 million is not a huge amount of difference by Juve's standard ...
Imagine we have a Del Piero/Vieri/Inzaghi Trindent, back then these guys are young, 24 - 25 and would have probably really dominate serie A and Europe ... and not to mention we have Zidane and Davids anchoring midfield ...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
34 billion lire or 20 million$. Both at 1997 currency.
Inzaghi was signed before Vieri. Fonseca (who at the time was a big prospect) came in later. There are a couple of possible reasons to why he was sold.

1. Vieri himself wanted to move. Not too unlikely, we all know of Vieri's clubchange frequency. It's close to 1 club/season.
2. He was bought cheap and 34 billion lire was the highest bid ever for an italian player at the time. Juventus is a big-business club.
3. Juventus thought the competition, as shown in the previous paragraph, was too big for .

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
with the current situation with the Italian NT, I wont be surprised to see Bobo brought in to be Toni's back-up

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I'm not even going to get into that. I guess he could be a super sub kind of like the position he plays at Fiorentina.
besides Toni, name me one out and out Italian striker/finisher thats better than Bobo at this point ??

If you say Gila, its only because you think he's cuter :D

Vinni is quite the Bobo Vieri lover. :agree:
well, he has gotten more playing time than Tiago so far this season !! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)