Todays La Gazetta Dello Sport (1 Viewer)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I know that Gazetta is interista journal etc., but todays headline listened quite interesting so i wanted to know, if someone knows a place were i can read LGDS in english. Im talking about this headline:

Monday 15 October
Gazzetta dello Sport
The good and the bad - We rate the summer's transfers.

Pls no google smilies, i tried, but.. cant find :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
It´s nothing special. They just posted their average ratings of some important signings. Here, I can post it for you:

TOP SIGNINGS

* Borriello (Genoa), media voto 6,7
* Chivu (Inter), 6,5
* Foggia (Cagliari), 6,5
* Hallfredsson (Reggina), 6,43
* Hamsik (Napoli), 6,36
* Iaquinta (Juve), 6,88
* Juan (Roma), 6,25
* Lavezzi (Napoli), 6,58
* Loria (Siena), 6,21
* Polito (Catania), 6,5
* Rubin (Torino), 6,25

FLOP SIGNINGS

* Bjelanovic (Torino), media voto 5,08
* Criscito (Juventus), 5,5
* Meghni (Lazio), 5,17
* Muslera (Lazio), 5,4
* Natali (Torino), 5,25
* Scaloni (Lazio), 5,38
* Stadsgaard (Reggina), 5,33
* Tiago (Juventus), 5,5
* Tristan (Livorno), 4,83
* Tullberg (Reggina), 5
* Zenoni (Parma), 5,2

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
It´s nothing special. They just posted their average ratings of some important signings. Here, I can post it for you:

TOP SIGNINGS

* Chivu (Inter), 6,5
* Foggia (Cagliari), 6,5
* Hamsik (Napoli), 6,36
* Iaquinta (Juve), 6,88
* Juan (Roma), 6,25
* Lavezzi (Napoli), 6,58
* Loria (Siena), 6,21
* Polito (Catania), 6,5
* Rubin (Torino), 6,25

FLOP SIGNINGS

* Meghni (Lazio), 5,17
* Muslera (Lazio), 5,4
* Natali (Torino), 5,25
* Scaloni (Lazio), 5,38
* Tiago (Juventus), 5,5
* Tullberg (Reggina), 5
* Zenoni (Parma), 5,2
:shocked: :shocked: :shifty: :shifty: :confused: :confused:

Sep 26, 2007

TOP SIGNINGS

* Chivu (Inter), 6,5
* Foggia (Cagliari), 6,5
* Hamsik (Napoli), 6,36
* Iaquinta (Juve), 6,88
* Juan (Roma), 6,25
* Lavezzi (Napoli), 6,58
* Loria (Siena), 6,21
* Polito (Catania), 6,5
* Rubin (Torino), 6,25

FLOP SIGNINGS

* Meghni (Lazio), 5,17
* Muslera (Lazio), 5,4
* Natali (Torino), 5,25
* Scaloni (Lazio), 5,38
* Tiago (Juventus), 5,5
* Tullberg (Reggina), 5
* Zenoni (Parma), 5,2
Yeah this is a uncredible source. Mimmo was not a flop signing. He is just young and has the potential to be a great. At least they got one thing right Iaquinta was a great signing.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Cristico has been a flop till now.You cant argue with that.
Wel duh, he wasn't brought to replace Cannavaro or anything. He hasn't been that bad IMO. Sure he lacks loads of experience but that's obvious.

Signings of the season so far:
Boriello, Lavezzi, Juan...

Flops:
Tristan, Meghni, Tiago (so far...)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Have in mind that these ratings really do not reflect as they should. Some of these players have played 3-4 matches only, so calling them flops already isn´t really convincing. Newspapers...... :rolleyes:

IMO they shoud make a proper evaluation after the half-season.

Sep 26, 2007
Cristico has been a flop till now.You cant argue with that.
He hasn't played his best but, I would not say he was a flop. We didn't expect him to be a revealation on the pitch immediately. Give him a little more time and you will see that he was well worth it.

Jul 2, 2006
Wel duh, he wasn't brought to replace Cannavaro or anything. He hasn't been that bad IMO. Sure he lacks loads of experience but that's obvious.

Flops:
Tristan, Behrami, Tiago (so far...)
behrami playing in italy since 2003

2002-2003 Lugano(Swiss)
2003-2004 Genoa
2004-2005 Verona
2005-2006 Lazio

GoldenH

Jul 28, 2006
Common guys, you can't seriously consider Criscito to be a top CB at his debut season in Serie A? the toughest defensive league in Europe, in my opinion he's done really good considering his age and that his only real experience comes from SerieB, the papers evaluation is really off, but why put so high expectations on him so early? he will become great, there's no doubt about it, it's just not fair to him to expect it so fast. Ranieri will bring out the best of him in time, though he would benefit from a more experienced top class defender by his side, ala Canna.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006

TOP SIGNINGS

* Chivu (Inter), 6,5

* Foggia (Cagliari), 6,5
* Hamsik (Napoli), 6,36
* Iaquinta (Juve), 6,88
* Juan (Roma), 6,25
* Lavezzi (Napoli), 6,58
* Loria (Siena), 6,21
* Polito (Catania), 6,5
* Rubin (Torino), 6,25

FLOP SIGNINGS

* Meghni (Lazio), 5,17
* Muslera (Lazio), 5,4
* Natali (Torino), 5,25
* Scaloni (Lazio), 5,38
* Tiago (Juventus), 5,5
* Tullberg (Reggina), 5
* Zenoni (Parma), 5,2
How is Chivu a great signing? Yes he will be good for Inter, but so far he has been injured most of the time and also suspended, bad call.

Rubin has played 5 matches this season so far, at least three(including against us) coming off the bench, how can he even be rated????

Criscito hasn't been too great, but considering what NEUTRAL people expected from him, I wouldn't say he was a flop, us Juventini expected a lot. Others expected him to choke, probably worse than he has so far.

Muslera... how would you like if one of your first matches was against Milan, with Kaka blazing and Gilardino actually able to hit the net. Yes he hasn't been very good, but he is 19, and again no-one really expects him to be magnificent already, he has potential, but then again Lazio didn't really help him in defence.

Against us Natali was very solid, he was also solid in all the highlights i've seen of Torino this season. He is their best defender, don't know how he is a flop!

Many things were expected of Tiago, especially for the money we spent, BUT if you look at things the way you are supposed to rate things: he has played 2 games, was decent in one and did quite well in another, how is it he is a flop, he hasn't done great, but he hasn't had a chance to shine so far

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That Rubin is some wonderkind probably because he`s linked with every major club including Juventus.And i agree with Michael about Chivu,still so stupid to say that he`s top siging...He made few penaltys,got red card and been injured alot.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
That Rubin is some wonderkind probably because he`s linked with every major club including Juventus.And i agree with Michael about Chivu,still so stupid to say that he`s top siging...He made few penaltys,got red card and been injured alot.
he probably is a wonderkid, but don't think he has done enough to be given the title of great signing already. Usually these ratings come out in march/april

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
How is Chivu a great signing? Yes he will be good for Inter, but so far he has been injured most of the time and also suspended, bad call.

Many things were expected of Tiago, especially for the money we spent, BUT if you look at things the way you are supposed to rate things: he has played 2 games, was decent in one and did quite well in another, how is it he is a flop, he hasn't done great, but he hasn't had a chance to shine so far
I was about to post the same, it really makes no sense, other than support Inter's "successful" transfer campaign:pumpkin:

Lets dont fool our selves, Tiago is a flop, much were spent, much was expected, he delivered NOTHING, unlike Criscito, Tiago doesnt have to do any huge mistakes to be considered a flop...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
if you consider Criscito as flop because of Totti's first goal,you are wrong
because that goal was clearly off-side
Yes, because Criscito knew it was an obvious offside and therefore did not continue to play, and just let Totti skip past him. That's why he did not wave his hand or even look towards the linesman, right?

I consider Criscitos performance so far slightly below what I expected from such a hyped talent. But there is time for improvement, especially now since we are short on players at central defence.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

Flops:
Tristan, Meghni, Tiago (so far...)
Agree on Criscito, but you can't omit Iaquinta from the 'signings of the season' the way he's been performing consistently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)