The Official Quotes Thread (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
Post here your favorite quotes, and what they mean....per favore.

Mine are:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "
-Sir Edmund Burke

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
- Sir Edmund Burke

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind." - Julius Caesar

"Better to live one day as a lion, than hundred years as worm."
- Arkan

"Nächstenliebe sieht brauchen nicht die Ursache."
(Charity sees the need, not the cause.)

- Deutsches Sprichwort
(German Proverb)

"Nil illigitimi carborundum."
"Noli simul flare sobereque."
"In vino veritas, age quod agis."

All are by authors unattainable:

They are as follows:

"Don't let the bastards get you down."
"Never whistle while you drink"
"When I drink I tell the truth, so I better do what I do best."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I stumbled on some quotes I enjoyed reading, thought I'd share:

"So behave that the odor of your actions may enhance the general sweetness of the atmosphere, that when we behold or scent a flower, we may not be reminded how inconsistent your deeds are with it; for all odor is but one form of advertisement of a moral quality, and if fair actions had not been performed, the lily would not smell sweet. The foul slime stands for the sloth and vice of man, the decay of humanity; the fragrant flower that springs from it, for the purity and courage which are immortal."

"Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

"Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind."

"I would fain keep sober always… I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man; wine is not so noble a liquor… Of all ebriosity, who does not prefer to be intoxicated by the air he breathes?"

-Henry David Thoreau

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
"There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky."
(Scottish proverb.)

"I just had 19 shots of whiskey, I think that's a record."
(Dylan Thomas's last words.)

"Friendship is like whisky, the older, the better."
(Anon.)

“I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.”

Joel Rosenberg

and my personal; favourite but not sure who it was

"you should never drink whisky without water, and you should never drink water without whisky"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I stumbled on some quotes I enjoyed reading, thought I'd share:

"I would fain keep sober always… I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man; wine is not so noble a liquor… Of all ebriosity, who does not prefer to be intoxicated by the air he breathes?"

-Henry David Thoreau
I know we differ on this, but a man needs to have been drunk at least once in his life. And every now and then you have to be tipsy. Alcohol is not all bad. If you've never drunk alcohol in your life, you haven't lived. And this is coming from someone who drinks very little.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I know we differ on this, but a man needs to have been drunk at least once in his life. And every now and then you have to be tipsy. Alcohol is not all bad. If you've never drunk alcohol in your life, you haven't lived. And this is coming from someone who drinks very little.
its just saying the best drug is life. but the way I see it drugs are part of the whole experience of life, not anything different..

drugs meaning coffee to crack

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
its just saying the best drug is life. but the way I see it drugs are part of the whole experience of life, not anything different..

drugs meaning coffee to crack
I'd go as far as saying you might even want to try out heroin. Unfortunately I could never do so myself, because I tend to get addicted very easily. I especially have this with food. That's why I don't drink much either.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I'd go as far as saying you might even want to try out heroin. Unfortunately I could never do so myself, because I tend to get addicted very easily. I especially have this with food. That's why I don't drink much either.
if you had the will, the money, the mental stability you could be a heroin junkie for all i would care.

Whether about doing heroin just once.. maybe when im 65 or something

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Guys, I've no experience of any hard drugs but I would highly recommend staying well clear of anything like heroin. The potential damage to your life and the lives of those around you outweighs any advantages to using it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Guys, I've no experience of any hard drugs but I would highly recommend staying well clear of anything like heroin. The potential damage to your life and the lives of those around you outweighs any advantages to using it.
Dude, I don't even smoke. I'm not going to shoot heroin any time soon.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Deuteronomy 13:6-9: "If anyone says 'let us go and serve other gods' you shall not listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, but you shall surely KILL him; your hand shall be the first against him to put him to death and afterward the hand of all the people."

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    if you had the will, the money, the mental stability you could be a heroin junkie for all i would care.

Whether about doing heroin just once.. maybe when im 65 or something
    Dude, I don't even smoke. I'm not going to shoot heroin any time soon.
    Did you assclowns see my post 3 weeks ago or whatever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)