delpiero06's KNOWLEDGE progress (1 Viewer)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
what do you think about juve's current progress this season. about our coach our new players and our old ones? also where do you think we are headed?
personaly i am very happy with juve's current progress and to be in second place is excellent. as much as i want to beat inter to the scudetto this season it doesnt matter much and they look so far like they will take the title but we are only 3 points off the pace so i wouldnt rule out juventus. Our target at the start of this season was CL football next year and we look strong enough to accomplish that. i think our spot at the end of the season will be 2nd or 3rd and either of those would be fantastic results. So far our new signings have not worked out so well, we have had alot of trouble and i still think signing lampard would have been an excellent move. As far as Ranieri i am very happy with his work. The tinkerman seems to have found some excellent balances in our team and his strategy of tinkering the team has worked really well so far. Yet we must accept that with a coach like him who likes to experiment sometimes his strategies are going to very wrong and that is the downside of him. yet overall he is good for juventus.
here are my views on our players so far this season (not counting the pre season matches).

Buffon- masterclass never has a bad game. half of the goals hes conceded have been pks and none of the other ones could he be blamed for. imo he truly is not only the greatest goalkeeper ever yet is by far the current best player on the planet. Keeping him was the best decision our management made over the summer and we would not be the team we are without him.

other 2 goalkeepers - havent seen them play and with any luck they wont play a minute of this season.

Grygera- when i heard we were signing him i was very excited. a versatile and excellent player who seems to be somewhat of a juve fan. He hasnt played much because of his injury but in the two matches he played he was good. he can still adjust to the team a little more yet has had a promising beginning and i hope we can play him for a while.

Chiellini- Happy that he scored the winner agaisnt cagliari and looks to have a promising season we will need him to be at his best to help juve in their defenseive crisis. at the beginning of the season he was clumsy and played below his ability. imo he would make a much better CB than a winger. he was impressive recently and if he can keep his form up it would be a huge boost in the central defense. really needs to work on his anger problem on the field and stop picking fights.

Criscito- Criscito has excellent defensive skills but he really needs to hit the gym.
playing him as a center back is very risky because he just gets muscled off the ball so easily. he also seems a little bit afraid to get into a challenge with another player and backs off when he should tackle. He needs some training from gattuso and he will be good. hes got great skills and i know its not his fault that hes small yet he is a liability. If he gets bigger and more aggresive then he has the potential to be the next cannavaro. until then he is just to risky to play as a CB
Maybe he could play on the wing were he wont have to worry about losing a tackle and conceding a goal.

Andrade- honestly i have only been dissapointed by him. hes an okay defender definetly better than boumsong or kovac but he just doesnt impress. when we had the chance to sign barzagli or bring back cannavaro this is just a dissapointment. He is also a little to aggresive and i worried with him on the field we would be getting penalties called agaisnt us. well now hes out for pretty much the rest of the season, that was certainly a waste of the money.

Legrottaglie- has been on excellent form of recent and we will need him to keep this up with our defensive weaknesses. He still is a bit sloppy and he has almost no speed yet his tackling and marking this season have been his best ever for juventus.

Molinaro- Excellent player. i dont understand why his appearances this season have been so limited when he plays so well. his still needs experience as he makes defensive mistakes occasionaly yet i want to see more of him he needs to get a chance to prove himself.

Boumsong- nothing to say here. i dont know why we kept him or why he wanted to stay.

Zebina - a good backup yet thats pretty much all he should be here. never really liked him but its good we kept him as we need all the defenders we can get.

Almiron - Honestly i dont know what to say here. he has the talent yet he just doesnt seem to want to work with the team. he takes longshots at goal and wastes good oppurtunities and he doesnt like to pass when he really needs to. Good player just needs to learn to be a team player.

Zanetti - Very impressive so far this season, definetly our best central midfielder. he is going to be vastly important this season and he deserves to be recognized by the azzurri.

Camoranesi - juve and the azzurri will really miss him. he adds an extra spice to our side and having him back will bring speed back to juventus. Camoranesi wasnt as impressive in the matches he did play as we know he can be and probly will take a while for him to be back to match fitness yet he could be a major help for us when our rivals are tired from champions league games and we are picking up the points.

marchionni - he was very impressive during the pre season and his injury was a huge dissapointment. some of our midfield has been poor this season and we could use a speedy winger.

Tiago - Many have said he was poor this season and should be sold yet i think he has been over critisized. he is an excellent player and just needs time to adapt to the serie A. Recently he has really upped his game and he can pass well and has a mean shot and his tackling is underrated.

Nedved - Neddy is great player and a true juventino. Unfortunately he hasnt been up to his game so far with a laziness in his shooting and he seems to just stand around. Neddy has unfortunately been fairly invisible in alot of our games and he just cant seem to get involved. he has alot of his former fire probably because of his age. Neddy is terrific player and he doesnt have to prove anything to anybody to show what a champion he is, i am confident he can find his form and leave a lasting impression with juventus in his last season.

Nocerino - An excellent tackler and a player who never stops. I like him he never stops and is always working and running. He is definatly not a winger and should play in the center of the midfield. I feel he will be very useful and its good to have a player who always gives 110%

Olivera - Have not really seen much of him and i don't think we will pretty much all season.

Salihamidzic - i have no idea how to spell his name (i probably just butchered it) yet i am glad we signed him. He is a very important player for us to have because of his incredible versatility. He can play in a variety of roles and is excellent on the wings. He is a fast and skilled player and in a squad with a number injury prone players he is very important. He has been a little sloppy at times and could work on his crosses, yet he is a good passer and excellent dribbler.

Palladino - It's really sad to see him get such little playing time yet thats what happens when you play for a big team like juve. He was man of the match agaisnt torino and i think we should give him more chances as he is a very impressive player and i would hate to see him get wasted on our bench. Rainieri should try him in a more attacking midfield role so he gets more playing time.

Trezeguet - King trezegoal has been awesome this season. I admit that over the summer i wanted him to leave because i thought he had a poor season in serie B yet i am glad to see that i was wrong for wanting him out. A definite contender for capaconneire and one of the world's greatest strikers. I am sorry for doubting you trezeguet.

Iaquinta - I must apologise to Vincenzo as well. First off he has an awesome last name. Before Iaquinta came to juve i liked him yet i never thought much of his ability. I didnt want to come to juve because he has little skill. Yet he has netted 4 important goals this season and i am very thankful for that. He is an incredibly lucky player and one of the few i have ever seen score a goal with his ass. What i like about iaquinta is that he is very supportive of juventus and says good things about them all the time. He seems to always give his best and he is a speedy player. i like iaquinta's spirit and he seems like a good guy but to be honest he is not at all a skillfull player. He has been overcritisized on this forum for his poor azzurri performances and there are many players i would prefer ahead of him, yet he does add to our side.

Del piero - of course my all time favourtie player and a hero to the bianconeri everywhere yet he has been on poor form this season. I think alot of this criticism
is directly linked to his miserable game against France. Yet i think alot of the talk of del piero being completely useless is BS. he played a few bad games and now everybody is calling for his head? This is ridiculous and i think he played very good agaisnt udinese and Torino. I say give him a chance to find his form before counting him out. I am also very dissapointed by what alot of so called juventus fans have said about him. even people on this forum criticize him and it is wrong to turn youre back on somebody who has sacrificed for you. Del piero was treated like shit by juventus during the capello era and after the scandal he was the first to pledge to remain with the club! Del piero deserves much more from juventinos and from the juve board than he gets. He was the ONLY star player who never complained and always pledged his allegiance to juve. Although he should take a pay cut, the deal they offered him was insulting after the loyalty he has shown juventus. Even with his bad form he deserves better from juventus fans for what he has given us. remember we are not madrid, we dont just buy up a good player then milk all his talent and toss him out with the trash next season. There is more to Juventus than winning(its just something we have a habit of doing all the time:p ) but to those of you who have criticized him you all should be ashamed of yourselves and think of what this living legend has given to this club.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    Does your geography teacher, teach you English as well?
    :rofl:
    i don't have a geography teacher. I have no problems with English i just suck at typing. btw i dont really see why you care when i misspell words were talking about football this isnt a damn English essay.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    i don't have a geography teacher. I have no problems with English i just suck at typing. btw i dont really see why you care when i misspell words were talking about football this isnt a damn English essay.
    It's not your spelling, it's the way you wrote it. I wanted to read it but it was hurting my eyes :D

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    I agree with most of it, except for this:

Grygera- excellent player (He's a useful squad player)
    Chiellini- at the beginning of the season he was clumsy and played below his ability (He's been great from the beginning)
    Molinaro- excellent player (He's good, but hardly excellent yet)
    Salihamidzic- excellent dribbler (not really)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    On the contrary, it's very important nowadays. Do you know that companies hire coachs specialized in gramma. It's a very big issue now that everyone is talking "SMS"

Jun 13, 2007
    Does your geography teacher, teach you English as well?
    I don't think it was your spelling or typing that was the problem , I think it was how you would put commas in random places ...

I agree with you on most of the points except for the last . Critisizing Del piero doesn't make people fake Juventus fans or anything like that . There's no harm in being honest and truthful . Del piero simply isn't the player he once was , and if anything all this critisizm will probably help him more than you think . If you want to live in denial and say Del piero is unstoppable then do so , but you're just lying to yourself .

Del piero has been my idol ever since I started watching Juve , but he should just accept the deal and play the remainder of his carreer at Juventus . I think it's a pretty fair deal to be honest . He shouldn't be treated like but he should but he should at least acknowledge the fact that he's 33 years old and 33 year old players don't usually get paid shit loads of cash because they simply can't offer enough on the pitch . Juventus don't have the luxury they once had and it's hard time for them .

I just see a board that's trying to make decisions based on logic and common sense rather than how they feel about Del piero .

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #15
    I don't think it was your spelling or typing that was the problem , I think it was how you would put commas in random places ...

I agree with you on most of the points except for the last . Critisizing Del piero doesn't make people fake Juventus fans or anything like that . There's no harm in being honest and truthful . Del piero simply isn't the player he once was , and if anything all this critisizm will probably help him more than you think . If you want to live in denial and say Del piero is unstoppable then do so , but you're just lying to yourself .

Del piero has been my idol ever since I started watching Juve , but he should just accept the deal and play the remainder of his carreer at Juventus . I think it's a pretty fair deal to be honest . He shouldn't be treated like but he should but he should at least acknowledge the fact that he's 33 years old and 33 year old players don't usually get paid shit loads of cash because they simply can't offer enough on the pitch . Juventus don't have the luxury they once had and it's hard time for them .

I just see a board that's trying to make decisions based on logic and common sense rather than how they feel about Del piero .
    I realise he needs to take a pay cut but he deserves more respect than he gets from juve fans

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
    I'm wondering why people are more concerned about how he wrote the post rather than the post itself. I think most of op's points are valid. I would like to see more of Tiago myself. Even if he's not in our long term future plan, it wouldn't hurt to display him to raise his value. I like the way Nocerino and Zanetti play in the middle, and I think we'll benefit greatly with having Camoranesi and Marchionni back.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #18
    I'm wondering why people are more concerned about how he wrote the post rather than the post itself. I think most of op's points are valid. I would like to see more of Tiago myself. Even if he's not in our long term future plan, it wouldn't hurt to display him to raise his value. I like the way Nocerino and Zanetti play in the middle, and I think we'll benefit greatly with having Camoranesi and Marchionni back.
    thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)