Official album review thread (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
now i know most people dont really buy albums nowadays and download most of their music, but an album review thread could be handy so folk geta good idea of what they are getting from a bands newest release.

personally if i download stuff and like the sounds of them i will still go buy albums and vice versa i wont buy it if it sounds shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Ian Brown-The World Is Yours:tup:

King monkey has done it again, people are always asking why the Stone Roses do not reform, here is why! Ian Brown has continually bettered his songwriting skills and the heavy dub sound over lazy guitars sound better than ever here. definately his strongest album to date

9 out of 10:tup:

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    swizz beats - one man band

once again the guy comes thru and puts another masterpiece together. hands down one of the top 10 producers in the game. the best part is that he let others put some tracks together on this lp. he is such a wizard behind the boards that he cant be classified as a particular sound, all i know is that like always he makes shit that sounds good :tup:

8/10

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Jose Gonzalez-In Our Nature

After the slow-burning worldwide success of Veneer i was worried what way this would go,more of the same or would he be tempted to add a high-production gloss to the album? as it is Gonzalez has stuck to his own style and the result is an album of immense simplicity and beauty.
    the arrival of newton faulkner as a rival to gonzalez (as well as stalwart antonio fortione) could see a battle in this nice market. as it is both artists covered "teardrops" (best remembered from massive attack) however, gonzalez version of the song is much better as is the whole album.
    an album wee worth listening to

7.5 out of 10

Albertmare

Idea Maker
    Mar 24, 2006
    Janice - Never let you Go

Just Download the song from somewhere , I just love this Love song , Remind me of my Girl :cry:

Oh Girl , miss you badly , please take care .

P.S : Nice thread Mod Bozi :tup:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I remember I opened a thread like this before, but didn't succeed. Hope this one works Bozman :D

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Foo Fighters-Echoes,Silence,Patience and Grace

a much more grown up album from dave and the boys. after a blistering start with first single "the pretender" the album mellows out a little with the accoustic "ballad of the beaconsfield miners" among the highlights. its not all mellow though stand out tracks such as erase/replace and come alive show that they have not forgotten how to craft excellent rock songs.

8.5 out of 10

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    ßömßäяdîëя;1468298 said:
    Every hip-hop album made after 1999: :tdown:
    na dude there are bunch that classix but gay mtv and bet and the radio just dont show them no love. you and i both know that. but i will admit that it doesnt take that much talent at all to drop an album these days.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    This is the 'newest' album i bought.

Oasis - Dont Believe The Truth

It was released last year,and i dont know how many here bought the album,but if you didnt,then dont bother wasting money on it.Oasis is one of my favourite bands,but this album is absoloute shit.Layla got a lot of airtime but it was a pretty average song as far im concerned.The only good song on this album is The Importance Of Being Idle.Other than that,this album sucks,sadly.

5.5/10

Boksic

May 11, 2005

It was released last year,and i dont know how many here bought the album,but if you didnt,then dont bother wasting money on it.Oasis is one of my favourite bands,but this album is absoloute shit.Layla got a lot of airtime but it was a pretty average song as far im concerned.The only good song on this album is The Importance Of Being Idle.Other than that,this album sucks,sadly.

5.5/10
    i wouldn't say the album is that bad, i would say 7/10!

'Turn Up The Sun' and 'Meaning of Soul' are both good tracks and superb live!

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

5.5/10
    I don't buy albums nowadays, but yeah, that album sucks big time. Oasis is a good band that lost it somewhere along the way, IMO after "Be Here Now" everything was crap.

The new Springsteen is pretty good, it's called "Magic" and offers some pretty smooth, good ol' rock n' roll tunes. I recommend it to everyone, it's definetly worth a download. ;)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Oasis is incredible.I liked the album previous to Dont Tell The Truth too,but yeah i agree,they've gone downhill ever since they released Be Here Now.And ok ill download the Springsteen album.But will you get me out of jail if i get caught?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Easily one of the best Radiohead albums. Its very accessible to non Radiohead fans as well with some catchy tunes.

10/10

p.s. Oasis are shiitee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)