[COPPA] Parma-Juventus Match Analysis (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Category: Match Reports

It was not a good game for us, as we were outplayed by a mediocre team, who like Livorno, have no offense

Our midfield was owned today, and having most of the starters in from last game (minus Tiago) didnt amount to shit. With all their bad passes and having the ball taken away several times, our defense had lots of work to, and thankfully they did their jobs pretty well, while the offense was invisible because they were getting no service.

We had one chance in the entire first half (Trez shot from Iaquinta), and only a few in the second half that we were lucky enough to convert.

I am concerned about what happens when we play a team with a better midfield and a REAL offense...we are in for some troubles

my ratings-

Buffon 6 - Had to make one save, and lost the pk duel (as always)

Zebina 6 - Faulted on a non-existent penalty, but was solid otherwise

Andrade 6- A more solid game. He played pretty well, and was mistake free

Legrottaglie 6- He had a good first half, but the dude is too fragile...he wont make it through the season

Chiellini 6.5 - Our best defensive player !! He played well on defense, and his attacking play wasnt too shabby either. Assisted on Molinaro's goal with a nice cross

Brazzo 5- Yes, he scored a pinball goal, but was weak the entire game. He had no control of his side of the field, and his lack of accuracy on his passes was apparent. Camo, please comback !!

Almiron 5- Besides his goal, his worst game in a Juve shirt. Most of his passes either missed or were intercepted, he had no control the center of the field, and all but one of his shots was way off target. I expected more from him.

Tiago 4.5- The biggest waste of 14 million dollars that I can think of. What did he do right today ? Absolutely NOTHING !! He cant pass, shoot, control the center of the field...hell, even the yellow card he received was for a piss-poor foul. I see no promise in him

Nocerino 5 - He did what he could playing out of position, and it wasnt enough today. Put him back in the center, and lock Tiago in the mens room during the game

Trezeguet 6- He wasnt given any service, barely missed on his only chance....I was impressed that he came back to help the middies on a few occasions

Iaquinta 5.5
- Like Trez, he got no service, but on his only attempt, he takes a shot from an impossible angle, instead of doing the right think and crossing the damn ball !!

Molinaro 6 - He gets a 6 because he scored, and was played out of position...did nothing else positive

Boumsong 5.5- "stumbles" is just a mistake waiting to happen, and even though he made no glaring mistakes today, he had some bad positioning that better offenses would expose

Palladino - not in long enough to rate

Ranieri 6- I will give him credit for fielding Buffon, and an almost full-strength squad...even though they were poor today, they were lucky enough to make the most of their few chances...tougher days are ahead

By Vinman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a nice game it was in the end, after a boring first half. I really liked, how we got better minute after minute. This Juve can go far this year. We are playing nice football and finally are able to keep possession for some time. Congrats to this team

Buffon 6
- Didn't have to do much. Was there when Parma shot on goal and hit the post. A pity he didn't got the ball at the penalty, cause he got the direction right

Zebina 6 - Penalty wasn't his fault, as this was never a penalty. Was good at defending and strong when going forward. Got some nice passes and even a shot on goal. Right back won't be a problem this year, as we have 3 very good players for this position

Andrade 5,5 - I wanted to give him a 4 after the first half. He searched the long ball way to often and made some mistakes, that could have led to goals for Parma. Somehow, he was a different player in the second half. There he showed his strength in one on one situations and also stopped playing the long ball.

Legrottaglie 6,5 - Great, untill he got injured. I saw the Chievo Legrottaglie. If he can keep up this form, we don't need a new defender.

Chiellini 6.5 - Great. We have the best Italian left back in our team. I love this guy. Donadoni should think about picking him. Great in defense, quick and clever when going forward. The flank for Molinaros goal was superb. I hope he never leaves Juve.

Brazzo 5 - Sorry, I know he scored a goal (a very lucky one though), but he had a day off. Coly owned him on the left flank. He made some really weak passes and was not able to win any one on one. Should play right back.

Almiron 7 - My choice for man of the match. This dude is wicked. Was everywhere, helped out in defense, was active in offense, played clever and accurate passes and scored a beauty. The best central mid in a Juve jersey since years. The new Veron is here.

Tiago 6 - Wanted to give him a 6,5, but his first half was too weak. In the second he somehow played a very good game. Nice dribbles, very good passes, great movement and in the second half, he controlled the game together with Almiron. This partnership will work. I am 100% sure of this.

Nocerino 5
- Really not his day. Wing is not his position. I hope Ranieri saw this today

Trezeguet 5,5
- Usual Trez performance, but didn't score

Iaquinta 6 - Very good first half. Moved to the wing, had some nice actions, but disapeared in the second half. I still trust in him and think, he will al least score 10 goals for us this season.

Molinaro 6
- Nice goal but not more. Invisible for the rest of the game

Boumsong 6
- Decent game and nice understanding with Andrade. He is a good defender and great in the air. Would be a starter, if he didn't have his stupid mistakes from time to time......

Palladino - No rating, played to short

By A_LAcki

Source: Juventuz.com

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)