OFFICIAL: Zalayeta & Blasi to Napoli (1 Viewer)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
if we're not going to get anyone else then i wouldn't want either player to leave. Give them both blasi and zalayeta for cannavaro :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Zalayeta is a very different player then Palladino. He' ideal for bringing in the nast twenty minutes when you desperately need a goal, which he has proved in previous seasons by scoring against Real Madrid and Barcelona. He also scored a reasonable amount of goals in Capello' 2nd season. Apart from that, he has never compained about getting too little playing time, a rarity in modern football.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It will be sad to see zala leave, but I think its the best option for his career, he really does need more playing time and doesnt deserve to be kept on the bench year in year out. Napoli will be getting themselves a good player, I think he could do very well there.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Zalayeta is a very different player then Palladino. He' ideal for bringing in the nast twenty minutes when you desperately need a goal, which he has proved in previous seasons by scoring against Real Madrid and Barcelona. He also scored a reasonable amount of goals in Capello' 2nd season. Apart from that, he has never compained about getting too little playing time, a rarity in modern football.
don't bother, they want 5 super strikers no matter if we play them all or not, first they complain why Zalayeta doesn't complain for not playing, they say he doesn't have the will to improve, and when another example like that happens, Miccoli for example!! They call him names for complaining.. you just can't end the idiocy ;)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Juventus striker Marcelo Zalayeta is set to jon Napoli, according to his agent Daniel Delgado.

The 28-year-old Uruguayan has never been able to find a regular starting place in Turin and has been sent out on loan to Sevilla, Empoli and Perugia in recent years.

With the arrival of Azzurri marksman Vincenzo Iaquinta in the summer, the ex-Danubio man is unlikely to feature in Old Lady Coach Claudio Ranieri’s plans and is ready for a fresh start.

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has promised the fans that there will be new recruits before the newly-promoted side’s return to Serie A and it seems the Stadio San Paolo outfit will pounce.

“Tomorrow Zalayeta should become an Azzurri player,” Delgado told Naples’ Radio Kiss Kiss. “There is a very good chance that you will see him in a Napoli shirt.”

The transfer is set to signal the end of Cristian Bucchi’s stay with the Partenopei and it appears that 2005-06’s Serie B Capocannoniere is lining up a move to Siena.

“Our priority is to sign a centre forward and I won’t deny that we are very close to signing Bucchi,” Robur sporting director Manuel Gerolin admitted.

“He is the kind of player that we need. At the moment I am not willing to discuss the price.”

channel4

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I wonder how much we will get for him if he goes.
It would be a good move for napoli and Zala, we would loose a good backup but if we get some cash for him, that money can, and hopefully will, be used for a good defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)