world series of football (1 Viewer)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
anybody watching the mini tournament in L.A.? i am going to go see the galaxy vs chelsea tommorrow:weee: this will be the first proffesional football i get to see from the stands and not my couch. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!:D . its also supposed to be david beckham's debut which means hopefully ill see his wife there. shes a hotty.
im gonna wear my juve home jersey and bring my juve scarf so i can root for them even when theyre not playing!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
anybody watching the mini tournament in L.A.? i am going to go see the galaxy vs chelsea tommorrow:weee: this will be the first proffesional football i get to see from the stands and not my couch. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!:D . its also supposed to be david beckham's debut which means hopefully ill see his wife there. shes a hotty.
im gonna wear my juve home jersey and bring my juve scarf so i can root for them even when theyre not playing!!!!
victoria beckham? omg shes so plastic and fake much rather prefer the italian fire and passion of an italian woman me, not some cheap slag who used to live near me, but hey id probably rape her and do the time. As for david beckham its confirmed that hes not starting, but possibly play a small part

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'll be watching. But only because I will be desperate for footie entertainment this weekend, other than the U-20 WC Final and Juve vs. the Red Dragon Divers.

I had no idea that Chelsea was playing at Stanford Stadium last Sunday against Club America... I would have loved to have seen that, and I drove right in front of the stadium just an hour or two after the match. :( I hear Chelsea has brought along their full squad, which helps.

As for Becks, I thought he was too injured to play. That and I can't get into the Beck hype. If I see one more headline that screams "Becks to save USA soccer", I am going to punch out their kidneys. (As USA soccer needs him to save us.)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    I'll be watching. But only because I will be desperate for footie entertainment this weekend, other than the U-20 WC Final and Juve vs. the Red Dragon Divers.

I had no idea that Chelsea was playing at Stanford Stadium last Sunday against Club America... I would have loved to have seen that, and I drove right in front of the stadium just an hour or two after the match. :( I hear Chelsea has brought along their full squad, which helps.

As for Becks, I thought he was too injured to play. That and I can't get into the Beck hype. If I see one more headline that screams "Becks to save USA soccer", I am going to punch out their kidneys. (As USA soccer needs him to save us.)
    i know its talked about way to much that stupid beckham move. he may be one of the best players the mls has ever had yet this hype is so annoying. its even more annoying because im the only big soccer fan at my school and everybody comes up to me and says did u hear beckham's coming to america because its the only thing about soccer theyve ever heard. its driving me insane. even my parents who know nothing about sports both mentioned it to me. its funny though how little some people know about soccer. the guy who sat next to me in math thought beckham was joining the u.s. national team!!! its sad but i think alot of americans dont realise that one player cant win the league. most americans know nothing about soccer works and they all think beckham's gonna be owning up the field and scoring hat tricks everygame. its almost sad that everybody thinks beckham is gonna change u.s. soccer this much. what i am hoping for is it will set a trend of top players coming to the u.s. in their later years so then i can go see them play i think beckham is way over critisized by some and i have nothing agaisnt him but the media hype is ridicoulous!!!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Those World Series Assholes should spread around the wealth a little and have more matches around the country like they used to, not in just stinking goddamn LA. Fuck you Lalas. I hope you die in a firey plane crash.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    i just got back from it. my first ever live pro football match it was very exciting and i had an awesome seat i was almost on the pitch!!! the crowd cheered every time beckham stood up or scratched himself it was pathetic. but it was kinda cool to get to see all these famous players

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    i just got back from it. my first ever live pro football match it was very exciting and i had an awesome seat i was almost on the pitch!!! the crowd cheered every time beckham stood up or scratched himself it was pathetic. but it was kinda cool to get to see all these famous players
    Just shows how different the US is from Europe. To be a football fan and never go to any game seems totally alien to me.

In Scotland there are very few folk who have never been to any sort of game, even if they don't give a shit about football.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #9
    Just shows how different the US is from Europe. To be a football fan and never go to any game seems totally alien to me.

In Scotland there are very few folk who have never been to any sort of game, even if they don't give a shit about football.
    the closest football stadium to me is an 8 hour drive and my family doesnt like sports and im only 17 so i had to wait a while before i could go to a game. i drove myself and now im poor because gas is so damn expensive. i dont have alot of $ to spend to go see games.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Americans have been to footie matches alright. Lots of times. It's just that the players are typically never older than 12.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Americans have been to footie matches alright. Lots of times. It's just that the players are typically never older than 12.
    If I stayed in America, I certainly wouldn't watch 'soccer'.

MLS bores the pants off me in the little I've seen.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    it is boring, unfortunatly its all ive been stuck with since the end of the major european seasons and omg no matter how much i try to get into it it simply shuts the door back onto me, like the mls commentators make the most of the minor pieces of action which a normal commentator would just talk off

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    it is boring, unfortunatly its all ive been stuck with since the end of the major european seasons and omg no matter how much i try to get into it it simply shuts the door back onto me, like the mls commentators make the most of the minor pieces of action which a normal commentator would just talk off
    Start watching other sports. I've spent 3 of the last 4 days watching the British Open golf on TV all day and the other day I was there since it was played an hour down the road from me.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Start watching other sports. I've spent 3 of the last 4 days watching the British Open golf on TV all day and the other day I was there since it was played an hour down the road from me.
    i cant stand golf :p only playing tiger woods pga tour, but i have been following the f1 as usual but still miss the football and was kinda satisfying to see the old lady dancing again today :)

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #15
    If I stayed in America, I certainly wouldn't watch 'soccer'.

MLS bores the pants off me in the little I've seen.
    thats why i watch the serie A and if thats not on i watch premiership or la liga games. i tried watching baseball which i used to like but it doesnt excite me. its just not like soccer and for me nothing we ever be

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    thats why i watch the serie A and if thats not on i watch premiership or la liga games. i tried watching baseball which i used to like but it doesnt excite me. its just not like soccer and for me nothing we ever be
    You must think US football is bad before you watch La Liga :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)