Batistuta back to Fiorentina? (2 Viewers)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Gabriel Batistuta admits he could end his career in Serie C1 with old club Fiorentina after failing to find a Premiership side.

The Argentine hitman was a symbol for the Viola during the 1990’s and the fans even created a statue to commemorate his exploits inside the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

His contract with Inter expires in the summer and a move to London was planned, but Batistuta is said to be disappointed with offers from Fulham, Charlton and Tottenham.

It is now possible the World Cup star will return to his roots with Florentia Viola, who this week bought back the name ‘Fiorentina’ and the club symbol from the bankrupt AC Fiorentina.

Batigol told ‘La Fiorentina’ that he would take the opportunity of Monday’s showcase friendly between the Serie C side and a selection of old Viola glories from 1996 – Coached by Claudio Ranieri – to hold talks over a possible move.

There are offers from overseas to tempt him away as a club in Quatar has written out a two-year contract worth £10m per season.

Meanwhile, ex-Fiorentina President Vittorio Cecchi Gori has announced plans to make a film of his time with the club.

Cecchi Gori owns a large cinema chain and production company and plans to make the movie himself.

“I will explain everything that happened to me,” he said at the Cannes Film Festival, “and will name names, always sticking with the truth.”

Cecchi Gori could not cover debts that reached £100m at one stage and saw Fiorentina declared bankrupt.

The new club created by Diego Della Valle was set up last summer and earned immediate promotion into Serie C1.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Taken from Football Italia.

This would be great if Garbriel goes back to Fiorentina. I would love for this to happen. It shows great respect to the team.

Forza Fiorentina.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    So Good!!!

in that tean, he will not have problems with anyone!! will be more relaxed!!.

And who knows?? if thing go in the right way,,, maybe he could help fiorentina to reach seria A again!!.

The best of wishes to a great champion!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't think that will ever happen, it's just speculation. Batistuta will choose money over loyalty any day of the week and I believe he will head to the club that will offer him more. If he didn't get good offers from the Premiership or La Liga, he might end up playing in Qatar, Japan, or the UAE with a high salary.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well... Bati has no fault in Viola going bankrupt so I don't think he has any obligation playing for them now. And playing in Serie C is a major step down from the competitive Serie A, after all he's not that old. I doubt he would want to play in Serie C and not because of the money but because it's not what champions like him do, they want to stay competitive and play at the highest level as long as possible.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    He would be their hero again if he went back.

Look how much Di Livio is now respected for what he did.

I think he should go. After all he does owe something to Fiorentina. It's where he made his name.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    This would be great for Fiorentina, but as Martin said, I doubt Bati would be too keen to play in Serie C1. It's just not what champions like Gabriel do. Ya gotta applause Di Livio for sticking with La Viola though. Love ya, Angelo :heart: :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)