Luca Cigarini (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Zambrotta is Milan target
Monday 25 June, 2007
Barcelona full-back Gianluca Zambrotta is once again being paired with a move to Milan by reports in the Italian Press.

The world champion was one of the first players to leave Juventus after the club’s demotion, but failed to adapt to his new life in Spain and his first season in La Liga has been far from enjoyable.

The defender was already close to joining Milan after the World Cup last summer, but his transfer failed due to the Rossoneri’s involvement in the Calciopoli scandal.

Barcelona are closing in on Eric Abidal of Lyon, who is expected to leave the French champions for £8.5m, and his arrival could free Zambrotta to vacate the Nou Camp and return to Serie A.

Reports suggest that negotiations between Milan and the Blaugrana could start soon, as the French Press expect Abidal’s move to be officially announced in the very near future.

In the meantime, the European champions are also following Parma midfielder Luca Cigarini, who might become Andrea Pirlo’s heir in the Diavoli midfield.

The 21-year-old, who is also a reported target for Juventus, could join the San Siro outfit in a co-ownership deal with the Ducali, allowing him to gain more experience at the Tardini before moving on a permanent basis.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun25e.html

---

Very talented player, but more of a Pirlo than a say, Zanetti. He was a regular in Parma under Ranieri and he's highly rated by Parma fans. He's different to both Marchisio and Nocerino in that he plays in a very deep role, but I'm not sure if another young central midfielder is what we need right now. Marchisio - Cigarini - Nocerino could very well be the future of Italy's central midfield, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dessena also looks pretty awesome. Snatching up one of them would be a good idea this summer, and like Cutajar said leave him at Parma for a while. Sounds great to me.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i saw him playing once and the kid has some good abilities but i don't see a promising whole package there. Dessena is much better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)