Match fixing (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know I was reading some of my other threads and one was about the 2-2 fix between Denmark and Sweden. It's lovely to see how people think it was fair game. Calciopoli really makes you think otherwise, doesn't it?

And this is just one game between two teams, who simply agreed upon taking matters into their own hands. At the 2002 WC, so it seems, stranger things happened behind the curtains. Italy and Spain went out after dramatical mistakes from the referees in their games, Belgium never got the goal they scored against Brazil and Hiddink was allowed to piss on Mediterranean Europe in his post match interviews.

In Germany refs were paid off by betting companies to influence games, football has never been played the way it should be in Greece and Italy have had their fair share of football scandals the last few years. So this thread is here to talk about suspicious games. Not those of the past, because well, Italy won the WC and I couldn't care less now, but those of the future. The ones we intend to buy, the ones we have bought and the ones we'll be caught for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
well its a fact of life. its wrife in every league. its just that in italy an greece even they maybe less cautious. its a shame but i have no doubt that every league has some level of corruption.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Hehhe, my national league is completly fixed :D And everyone knows that but they all acting innocent :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
You know I was reading some of my other threads and one was about the 2-2 fix between Denmark and Sweden. It's lovely to see how people think it was fair game. Calciopoli really makes you think otherwise, doesn't it?

And this is just one game between two teams, who simply agreed upon taking matters into their own hands. At the 2002 WC, so it seems, stranger things happened behind the curtains. Italy and Spain went out after dramatical mistakes from the referees in their games, Belgium never got the goal they scored against Brazil and Hiddink was allowed to piss on Mediterranean Europe in his post match interviews.

In Germany refs were paid off by betting companies to influence games, football has never been played the way it should be in Greece and Italy have had their fair share of football scandals the last few years. So this thread is here to talk about suspicious games. Not those of the past, because well, Italy won the WC and I couldn't care less now, but those of the future. The ones we intend to buy, the ones we have bought and the ones we'll be caught for.
You are still sore about the Sweden - Danmark game! How about if I say, 'Italy fixing it against Australia?'

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    So you're saying Australia agreed to lose 1-0? Now that's a revolutionary idea. If you're saying the ref fixed it, you might want to know Materazzi a highly debatable red card in the beginning of the second half.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    I still don't believe that game was fixed. Denmark and Sweden games usually treats for lots of goals in even games, obviously there was no need to go forward when both teams were throw. That result wouldn't be a shocker under any other circumstances, especially this one.

Plus Lagrell is such a teddy bear, he wouldn't dare to do that. Lots of Danish players played in Italy, and wanted the Danes and the Italians to go throw. And the Danes aren't very found of Swedes in general.

What really disgusted me in Germany was Carlos Simon...

Lucic is probably the most professional player in the Swedish squad and look at that idiots grin when he sent Sweden out of the tournament.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I still don't believe that game was fixed. Denmark and Sweden games usually treats for lots of goals in even games, obviously there was no need to go forward when both teams were throw. That result wouldn't be a shocker under any other circumstances, especially this one.

Plus Lagrell is such a teddy bear, he wouldn't dare to do that. Lots of Danish players played in Italy, and wanted the Danes and the Italians to go throw. And the Danes aren't very found of Swedes in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYsxC098wQ

Lucic is probably the most professional player in the Swedish squad and look at that idiots grin when he sent Sweden out of the tournament.
    explain to me how a player that pulled another player by his shirt and stopped a counter attack does not warrant a yellow card ?

he could be the best professional in the world but that does mean he won't do a stupid thing like that when hes on a yellow card

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYsxC098wQ

Oh for the love of God! There were 2-2 banners all over the stadium, players had been talking about it before the game in the end they did play 2-2. It was a definite fix, and one done by the book. I'm not saying Italy shouldn't have played better, but this was a fix as obvious as they get.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    explain to me how a player that pulled another player by his shirt and stopped a counter attack does not warrant a yellow card ?

he could be the best professional in the world but that does mean he won't do a stupid thing like that when hes on a yellow card
    He doesn't stop the counter attack ffs, he just stops after a little "hold" on his sleeve. Theatre all the way. Friedrich (was it?) on the other hand who almost pull Freddie to the ground by holding his shirt right before that, that's a freekick.
    Oh for the love of God! There were 2-2 banners all over the stadium, players had been talking about it before the game in the end they did play 2-2. It was a definite fix, and one done by the book. I'm not saying Italy shouldn't have played better, but this was a fix as obvious as they get.
    IIRC the Danes came close to 3-1 several times. What would have happened then? 3-3? It took a whole lot of waves for Sweden to finally score that 2-2 goal, I just don't see the obvious in it.

Of course there was going to be 2-2 banners? It's all just to tease.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    He doesn't stop the counter attack ffs, he just stops after a little "hold" on his sleeve. Theatre all the way. Friedrich (was it?) on the other hand who almost pull Freddie to the ground by holding his shirt right before that, that's a freekick.

IIRC the Danes came close to 3-1 several times. What would have happened then? 3-3? It took a whole lot of waves for Sweden to finally score that 2-2 goal, I just don't see the obvious in it.

Of course there was going to be 2-2 banners? It's all just to tease.
    The Danes didn't score. If anything, that gives even more room to suspicion.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    i lost alot of sleep over italy's loss to south korea. i taped the game yet couldnt bring myself to watch it. just last month i got the courage and watched it and was amazed at the horrible desicions by the ref!!! clear match fixing. especially south korea agaisnt spain. both of the spanish's goals were well deserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)