Conte curses Bianconeri (1 Viewer)

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
Former Juve captain Antonio Conte has blamed the lazy “disrespectful” Bianconeri for dooming his Arezzo side to relegation.

The Tuscans needed to beat Treviso and hope that Spezia did not become the first team in the history of Serie B to win in Turin if they were to avoid the drop.

However, a 3-2 result at the Stadio Olimpico saw Spezia and Verona enter the play-outs, sending Arezzo straight down to Serie C1.

“There is immense disappointment and bitterness,” said Coach Conte. “I have a great deal of respect for the Juventus fans, but very little respect for the squad.”

Since securing the top spot in Serie B, the Turin giants have lost both their matches under caretaker tactician Giancarlo Corradini.

“It is painful to be relegated this way, but it helps me to understand things I already knew,” added former midfielder Conte.

“In sport there is so much talk and everyone made it seem as if the rot had been removed to clean up the game. If this is clean football…”

Spezia’s 3-2 win in Turin was only snatched in the final minute when Padoin took advantage of an error from Jean-Alain Boumsong.

“When someone is very disappointed, he can say things that he will probably regret later,” replied Juventus general manager Jean Claude Blanc.

“I think that whoever saw this match can have no doubts. If we have to give football a different image, then before making statements like that people should think long and hard.”

Spezia had taken the lead twice before in the match, but in both occasions Juve had equalised within 90 seconds.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun10s.html

I am disgusted

what you think

please discuss

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I'm disgusted too, Abu.

He has all the right to accuse the idiots with anything.

It's really a very suspecious match.

Respect, Conte.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
It's not solely our fault they got religated. He is right about our team though, they sucked today. But how was that being disrespectful?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
It's not solely our fault they got religated. He is right about our team though, they sucked today. But how was that being disrespectful?
Call me whatever you want, but losing in this way is really making me doubt that the club was really on the pitch to win. To socre a goal once the opponent scores a goal makes me think that the match was planned.

I think our management wanted to make Conte regret his decision of kicking their offer before a week.

This match needs investigation.

May 4, 2004
Conte is an idiot and a loser!!!.. He cant expect others to do the job for him!.. If he wanted to stay in B so badly he should have won more games!!.. And not expect an already promotet Juve team with half primvera players and a team already having its own problems outside the pitch, to do him some favors..!...

I'v just lost alot of respect for this man!!..

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Call me whatever you want, but losing in this way is really making me doubt that the club was really on the pitch to win. To socre a goal once the opponent scores a goal makes me think that the match was planned.

I think our management wanted to make Conte regret his decision of kicking their offer before a week.

Oh, I see now what he meant. In that case, I agree with you, it seemed a bit strange. Did our management even contact Conte?

May 4, 2004

Thats it!.. You are right!...

NOT!...

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Yes. They wanted him to get the job until Lippi gets ready to play his playstation again. Conte refused to be a caretaker.
Ohh. TBH, I'd have to see the whole game to decide if they were playing for the win or not, but it was odd how they scored 1 minute later after Spezia scored. Bojinov scored too, but it was offside, so maybe they were going for the win?

OP
AbuGadanzieri

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #17
    for me this is rock bottom.

even last summer seeing the calciopoli and the relegation and seeing all the stars leave and having opponents call our team cheats was much more easier than this.

i don't care whose fault this is. i dont care if the management is involved in an evil scheme aimed at making conte pay for refusing their offer of if conte is acting like a cry baby this is unacceptable to me.

conte is one of my five all time fav juve players and to hear these words comming out of his mouth truly means we have hit rock bottom.

i hate to break it to you guys but we are becoming inter.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007

They weren't on the pitch to win... but not for the reasons you've stated.

Its very hard for a top team to be motivated to beat a cellar dweller when they've clinched... Juventus is thinking Serie A now, and its evident by the lineup that putting up a fight was not in their MO. No Buffon (though Mirante was excellent), No Chiellini, Nedved, Zanetti, Marchionni... this game was for the youngsters with Del Piero and Trez riding shotgun to try and get a win. They didn't rig it... they just had an abhorent midfield and defense out there, with a few exceptions. Corradini is right in a way... you don't win without stars. I don't think Milan rigged their last game either.

Frankly, I don't know what he's thinking... he's quitting to get a head coaching job somewhere, and all he'll be remembered for is leading unmotivated and lousy Juve teams to two losses against inferior opponents.

I think they could care less about Conte. If they truly wanted to go bushleague and wait for Lippi, they would have kept Corradini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)