Offensive (1 Viewer)

malayou

Jul 26, 2002
Hello everybody ...
In recent years our Juventus opted for defensive system rather than offensive ....
This is sad. We have great players with the ability to attack. But starting from last season they prefer to buy defender rather than the offensive players. They bought more defensive midfielders than the offensive.
There are only Del Piero, Trezeguet, Salas and Zalayeta in the forward department. In the aattacking midfielder role only Nedved and Brighi. I hope Brighi will shine.
With these kind of player we should only play 6-3-1 formation.
Suit for the Juventus player (a lot of defender, defensive midfielder). If they buy Nesta or Cannavaro without selling the remaining defenders I think Lippi is crazy.
I hope Lippi keep his promise by playing 3-4-3 system with Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet as forward.
I think Nedved can play as a forward and put Brighi as a back-up for Nedved if Del Piero is not playing well put Brighi in. Del Piero is not the same Del Piero as the Del Piero 4 years ago.
We don't have reliable playmaker so playing with 3 forwards will do fine.
A club like Juventus must play an attractive game even when R. they're playing against Madrid, Barcelona, Roma etc. We played badly against Depor and B. Leverkusen (Away game) last season.
So pls...pls...pls Mr Lippi. Add some spice to our team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
First of all,Lippi never played Nedved as a forward,he played him as an attacking midfielder and second of all Salas would do a better job as a forward. Lippi has already stated that we can look forward to seeing Salas,Trezeguet and Del Piero playing at the same time in the upcoming season and in all of our friendlies we have played with a 4-3-1-2 formation with either Nedved or Camoranesi creating for Del Piero,Zalayeta,Salas and Trezeguet. Brighi will most likely play as a centre mid,not a forward..

True,Del Piero is not the player that he was 4 years ago,but he's still one of,if not the best supporting striker in the game today. Tell me,if Juve needed a goal badly and DP wasn't playing well would you take him off for Brighi? I wouldn't. Alex is a player that can be having an ordinary game and then in the blink of an eye he can make something special happen and change the game in Juve's favor.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Welcome Malayou, I don't think Juve are a defensive team to be honest, but its an Italian thing to think of defence more than any other position. You are right in most of your points, and i too find it strange that millions are spent on defenders and I would like to see more creativity in our team.

There wasn't many cohesive displays last season and thats because of lots of things but not having a genuine winger, not a lot of pace and a little creativeness and these ought to be addressed

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Evidently you didn't see the leverkusen game away in Germany
As a matter of fact,I did see that game. It didn't look like Nedved was playing as a forward,and if he was,then he's not very good at it.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++As a matter of fact,I did see that game. It didn't look like Nedved was playing as a forward,and if he was,then he's not very good at it.
Nedved isn't a classic forward. He is more like DP or Rivaldo, who attacks from a deeper position. This can make it confusing as to whether he is playing forward or mid-field, but ultimately he probably plays the same way.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
nedved would beknida funny in a forward's position.he'd run back to mid then realize he was out of position and run out again.besides,davids can't play left winger imo.he can't cross that well,and wouldn't be able to shoot or tackle as much.hence we would not be utilising the teams fullest potential.i personally think the team has a lot more potential than it is showing,to qoute from CM.and when we are attacking,we tend to move the ball more in midfield and the ball spends very little time in the 'danger areas'.we thus tend to control the game in the mid and i dunno if we can do this if nedved plays as a forward,he wouldn't be using his biggest assets.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Nedved is not a forward full stop, he is an attacking midfielder and he seems to have unbalanced juve a bit, he is not a playmaker, so that has made Tacchi redundant and worse than he normally is. Davids too looks below his normal standard because after winning the ball, there isn't a skillful creative force ala Zz to give the ball to, but Davids gets by more than Tacchi because of his superior ability

He seems to get in Dp's way on the left, thats why he was shifted to the hole position

But having said that its imperative that Nedved gets back to his form of Lazio at the left side of the midfield otherwise we will struggle again against the big sides

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Maybe that's why we're seeing Camoranesi play as a playmaker. Lippi may be thinking of playing Nedved wide on the left with Camoranesi behind Treze and DP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)