Claudio Ranieri - Rookie/history forum - Juventuz Forums - Page 527
Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527
Results 10,521 to 10,538 of 10538

Thread: Claudio Ranieri

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    People often forget that Otto Rehhagel is absolutely unique manager - he won everything he could in Germany with Bremen and also the Uefa winners cup, then he won bundesliga 2 and then bundesliga 1 in 2 consecutive years with Kaiserslautern, and then he led Greece to glory at euro 2004

Cash
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Please. Yesterday they were frustrated because they threw away a 0-2 lead and with that the title. Leicester have had tough games sure, but they have not encountered a single frustrating event this season. It has been a fairytale from start to finish. Obviously they have done very well, they have played good football all year and they have worked incredibly hard for all of this. But the picture some people are now trying to paint of Tottenham players is just dumb. You'd have to be a subpar human being to refer to the difference in discipline right this moment.
    Welbeck's last minute goal was very frustrating and shifted the momentum to Arsenal.

iirc Lester also had a run of 3 or 4 consecutive draws afterwards. They recovered and went back to winning ways again. Tottenham went on a higuain like rant and should have had 2-3 players red carded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paid-off-Ref View Post
    Remember 10 years ago when Mourinho said that Ranieri was 70 (was actually 56 at the time I think) and never won anything? This title is more impressive than anything Mourinho ever won.
    its more impressive than anything anyone has ever won but Mourinho is still the better coach.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    1339 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventino[RUS] View Post
    People often forget that Otto Rehhagel is absolutely unique manager - he won everything he could in Germany with Bremen and also the Uefa winners cup, then he won bundesliga 2 and then bundesliga 1 in 2 consecutive years with Kaiserslautern, and then he led Greece to glory at euro 2004
    Where is he now?

- - - Updated - - -

And none of those leagues compare to today's EPL. Very impressive achievements, I agree but Ranieri just did the impossible.

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    Where is he now?

- - - Updated - - -

And none of those leagues compare to today's EPL. Very impressive achievements, I agree but Ranieri just did the impossible.
    Retired, nobody have said that ranieri's achievement is not impressive because it is, but just look what Otto have done:

Werder Bremen
    Rehhagel managed Werder Bremen from 1981 to 1995. During these 14 golden years for the club, Rehhagel transformed Werder from a small minnow into a powerhouse, dazzling spectators with powerful up-tempo play and a smothering defence. During this spell, Werder Bremen established themselves as one of the main teams in the Bundesliga, overtaking hated rivals Hamburg as the top club in the north and sparking an intense feud with Bayern Munich. In the mid-eighties, Rehhagel often fell just short of success and had a string of second places and Cup Final losses. In that time, his nickname was Otto II or Vizeadmiral ("Vice Admiral"). After this unfortunate period, Rehhagel led Werder Bremen to two German championships in 1988 and 1993, two DFB-Pokal victories in 1991 and 1994, as well as winning the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1992. In this period, Rehhagel produced a host of international stars, such as Rudi Völler, Karlheinz Riedle, Dieter Eilts, Marco Bode, Mario Basler, Hany Ramzy, Andreas Herzog and Rune Bratseth. Rehhagel's Werder Bremen team of 1987–88 was until recently the squad which conceded the fewest goals ever in the Bundesliga (22), this record was surpassed by Bayern Munich in the 2007–08 season with 21 goals. His stint with Werder Bremen (14 years Bundesliga) is the second longest consecutive occupation as a manager ever in the Bundesliga. It was only recently surpassed by Volker Finke of Freiburg (16 years)

1. FC Kaiserslautern
    After being sacked by Bayern Munich, Rehhagel took over as manager of Kaiserslautern in 1996, after a season where the club had won the DFB-Pokal but had also been relegated from the top-flight following a catastrophic season in the Bundesliga. Rehhagel injected new energy into the team, which saw Kaiserslautern comfortably getting back into the top-flight in 1997, winning the second division by 10 points. Prior to the start of the 1997–98 season, Kaiserslautern were seen as dark horses for a place in the UEFA Cup, but Rehhagel's team simply steamrollered the Bundesliga opposition all season. With sparkling offence and sheer never-ending energy (half a dozen games were won in injury time), Kaiserslautern won a sensational German championship in 1998, the first and so far only German championship triumph by a team that had just been promoted the previous season. Rehhagel coached Kaiserslautern to some less spectacular, but very decent results over the next year, such as leading the team to the quarter finals of the 1998–99 UEFA Champions League, but then big internal conflicts within the club, rows with some players, and a massive smear campaign, caused him to resign his position in 2000.

Turned provincial side into dominant power in Germany, turned the team that just relegated from top division into the champions of germany in 2 years and turned absolutely mediocre Greece side into the europeans champions, absolutely unreal achievements

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is a sporting miracle i would say what Ranieri managed with Leicester. The bookmakers had the odds at the beginning of the season to 5000/1.

As an effect of Leicester's winning, they have decided for next season there is no odds bigger than 1000/1 as it stands now.

William Hill Plc and other bookmakers gave better chances to finding Elvis Presley alive (2,000-1) or discovering the Loch Ness monster (500-1) than to Leicester City F.C. winning this season’s English Premier League soccer title. It won’t make that mistake again.
    "Winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts" – Giampiero Boniperti

“Winners find a way, losers find an excuse" - Gianluigi Buffon

"I never credit one person with success, as don’t forget the club is what’s behind everything." - Max Allegri

Cash
    Mentioned
    2157 Post(s)
    Weird, but I actually agree with Rus here.

Leicester's title is more impressive than any other achievement in coaching history in a single season, but if you'd compile a list of the top four most amazing underdog stories in football, Rehagal is on there twice.

Plus all the Bremen stuff, which also beats anything Ranieri has done outside of this season.
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1976 Post(s)

Rehhagel was a fantastic coach
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

One Ranieri

Cash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    beautiful.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD4 View Post
    This is a sporting miracle i would say what Ranieri managed with Leicester. The bookmakers had the odds at the beginning of the season to 5000/1.

As an effect of Leicester's winning, they have decided for next season there is no odds bigger than 1000/1 as it stands now.

William Hill Plc and other bookmakers gave better chances to finding Elvis Presley alive (2,000-1) or discovering the Loch Ness monster (500-1) than to Leicester City F.C. winning this season’s English Premier League soccer title. It won’t make that mistake again.
    But when has it ever happened before? Never, so that is why the odds are so far out. For comparison FC Astana were 2500/1 to win the Champions League at the beginning of the group stage (10 game tournament). Albania are currently last ranked at 300/1 to win Euro 2016 (10 game). Greece were 150/1 to win Euro 2004. Over a season you won't see it again, or at least not for a very long time.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

At Hustini's home computer, secretly changing his location
    Cash
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    So glad he finally won a trophy. Won't be called "eternal loser" or "RUINieri" anymore.
    Forza Ferrari!

Forza Juventus!

Allez Les Blues!

Cash
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Happy birthday, Claudio!
    Forza Ferrari!

Forza Juventus!

Allez Les Blues!

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Ranieri: 'More Allegri than Sarri'
    By Football Italia staff

Claudio Ranieri explained why his approach to football is “closer to Max Allegri” than Maurizio Sarri. “Abroad they are not as maniacal about tactics.”

The Nantes Coach weighed in on the debate ripping Serie A apart: is it better to win like Allegri’s Juventus or to play beautiful football like Maurizio Sarri’s Napoli?

“I am closer to Allegri’s idea of football. He has an organisation that then leaves the players free (or as free as they can be in modern football) to express themselves,” Ranieri told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Of course, I really like Sarri’s Napoli too. If your objective is to keep the ball and move it around until you find a pathway to goal, then that’s fine.

“I also loved the Netherlands side of Rinus Michels, and remember it with pleasure, but it didn’t win. If you want to copy that style of football without having the players suited to it, then no, that’s no good.

“This idea that there is a specific system that can take you to victory more easily than another is simply not true. It’s grotesque just to think it.

“In Italy we have a rich approach to football because there are so many tactical systems and no two teams are alike. It’s important to know how to change and adapt during a game, so Allegri proved time and again that he is formidable in that sense.

“I also say Allegri is right on another issue, which is not trapping kids in tactics, but giving them freedom to explore their technique, their creativity. I can assure you, abroad they are not as maniacal about tactics as we are.

“My idea of beautiful football is this: create a solid collective and put it at the disposal of the champions within the squad, because if you get the best out of their characteristics, then you can have fun.

“During my career, I trained teams that embodied that concept, for example Gabriel Batistuta’s Fiorentina, the Valencia side that reached the Champions League Final twice, the Roma that was 30 minutes away from winning the Scudetto and Leicester City.

“All of these sides gave the impression they could score goals at any moment. Among the best, I also put Chelsea, who had a different approach and reached the Champions League semi-final.

“That Chelsea team had the highest possession percentage because I had players who had those characteristics.”
    Claudio knows his $#@!. Completely agree with him.

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar
    X-Training Champion Boa Constrictor Champion Tetris Champion Kung Fu Fighter Champion X-Pipes Champion
    4 Wheel Madness Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Should have gotten the Azzurri job.
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    During my career, I trained teams that embodied that concept, for example Gabriel Batistuta’s Fiorentina, the Valencia side that reached the Champions League Final twice, the Roma that was 30 minutes away from winning the Scudetto and Leicester City.

All of these sides gave the impression they could score goals at any moment. Among the best, I also put Chelsea, who had a different approach and reached the Champions League semi-final.

doesn't seem like he remembers his time at Juve fondly from the Ranieri sides I saw, his best work was probably Leicester (obviously) and that half season in Parma, both teams performed through the roof for him. no idea about the 90ies though

Cash
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
    Claudio knows his $#@!. Completely agree with him.
    It's good to have you back posting.
    Ban Cronios