The best club coach ever (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Arigo Sacchi has to be up there. Not only did he have major success, the players that he coached have become successful coaches too. Rijkaard, Ancelotti, Guulit, Van Basten etc.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Lippi and fergie
:agree:

What Ferguson did at Aberdeen was incredible, with little cash he took a team with crowds of about 12,000 to be a top team in Europe. At Man U he has been continually successful and has now built about his 4th united team and is still winning.

Lippi is probably the best tactician ever and his record speaks for itself.

Oct 3, 2004
is the third one with Salzburg ?

but i agree about his stature.

I would put capello there too.

crucify me later :D

EDIT: actually its in 4 countries
Well he's won the Serie A, the Bundesliga, and the Portuguese Superliga (correct name?). He was the last person to win the Scudetto with Inter, and with Benfica (Portuguese league’s version of Internazionale Milan :p )

Il Trap is a legend in his own unique way. We all may have hated his guts when he was Azzurri coach, because of his extremely boring and defensive play, not to mention the world cup and euro failures earning him the popular title of “Crappatoni” lol

However, in retrospect, I still have a lot of respect for this man. He’s a very very passionate manager, his sideline antics, his hyperness during a Bayern press conference (and several other actions with the press), the man had guts to say anything anytime. He didn’t give a crap who he spoke to, and he often “courageously” acted foolishly at times – try bringing on Rino Gattuso during an Italy fixture, and then subbing him off the pitch for absolutely no reason! The look on Rino’s face was priceless, I remember it so well lol!! :D

His Fiorentina stint is a debatable point – whether he made the best out of Repka, Cois, Rui Costa, Batigol & co. or the fact that Batigol pulled a muscle while thru on goal during a league match mid-season with Fio at #1…we will never know. It was indeed after that injury, AC Milan caught up and went on to win the Scudetto…

I still think he’s great coach, if his players can tolerate him…he has surely proved that his erratic behavior and charisma can have a positive effect on the team.

As for the best ever club coaches – that’s a no-brainer. Sir Alex Ferguson, Marcello Lippi, and many people forget this name, but I highly rate the German in the same stature as the latter two - Ottmar Hitzfeld!

Apr 12, 2004
Lippi and fergie

Anzone who says Lippi is a biased smegma consumer.

No question here, Zdenk Zeman for sure.
:lol2:

It is def either Alex Ferguson, who has done more than Lippi, or Bob Paisley.

Ferguson, whom I hate and hope dies in a toilet slipping accident.....where he slips off the toilet and the rope around his neck kills him.....but Ferguson won what, like 10 EPL championships, a CL, and like 6 or so FA cups, plus a Uefa cup, all with Man U.

3 Scottish FA Cups, 2 SPL championships, and a UEFA cup with ABERDEEN.....not Celtic or Rangers.....so I think he gets it just with what he did there.

Paisley, for you that don't know......won 7 English Titles, a Uefa Cup and 3 CL's with Liverpool in their hayday.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
ßömßäяdîëя™;1361597 said:
It is def either Alex Ferguson, who has done more than Lippi, or Bob Paisley.

Ferguson, whom I hate and hope dies in a toilet slipping accident.....where he slips off the toilet and the rope around his neck kills him.....but Ferguson won what, like 10 EPL championships, a CL, and like 6 or so FA cups, plus a Uefa cup, all with Man U.

3 Scottish FA Cups, 2 SPL championships, and a UEFA cup with ABERDEEN.....not Celtic or Rangers.....so I think he gets it just with what he did there.

Paisley, for you that don't know......won 7 English Titles, a Uefa Cup and 3 CL's with Liverpool in their hayday.

And we owned Bayern Munchen on route to winning it :D
(it was the Cup Winners Cup not UEFA.)

:toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)