Position: Midfielder (Left, Right)
Number: ??
Nationality: Bosnian
Date of birth: 1 January 1977
Place of birth: Jablanica, SFR Yugoslavia
Height: 1.80 m
Weight: 77 kg
Nickname: "Brazzo" meaning "little brother"

Hasan Salihamidžić (born January 1, 1977 in Jablanica, SFR Yugoslavia) is a football all-round-midfielder who played for Bayern Munich for nine seasons before signing a 4 year deal with Juventus on 15 January 2007. He is considered the pride of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

A blend of immaculate defensive and attacking abilities have made the two-footed Hasan Salihamidžić an integral, and highly versatile, figure for both club and country. His career started flourishing while he was playing as a striker, then he played as both a right winger and left back in Bayern while he is considered as left winger in his national team.

Life:

Salihamidžić was born to a Bosniak family. His father Ahmed and mother Šefika gave him the nickname "Braco" meaning "little brother", since Hasan has an older sister. He finished high school and played in the local club Turbina Jablanica between 1987 and 1991. Then, Salihamidžić moved to Velež Mostar where he stayed until 1992. During that period young Salihamidžić represented ex-Yugoslavia on U16 level since at that time Bosnia & Herzegovina was still a part of Yugoslavia. That generation of the young players in FK Velež Mostar was one of the best ever but the Bosnian war stopped Salihamidžić from making a single senior appearance for his club. Salihamidžić has three children, Selina, Nick and Lara June, with his Spanish wife Esther Copado.

Career:

• With Senior clubs:

Years----------Clubs-----------------Appearances (Goals)
    1995-1998-----Hamburger SV-------------72 (19)
    1998-2007-----Bayern Munich-------------229 (29)

Having played schoolboy football for NK Turbina Jablanica and FK Velez, Salihamidžić left Bosnia-Herzegovina at his parents' urging at the age of 15 in 1992 and ended up with relatives in Hamburg. He made a name for himself with Hamburger SV, making his Bundesliga debut in March 1996. Bayern came calling in 1998, making him a German champion in 1999 and double winner the following season and the lightning-quick Salihamidžić played a significant role in the march to UEFA Champions League success in 2000/01. At the end of 2001, after another league success, he had the honour of being named Bosnia-Herzegovina's Player of the Year. He filled in at left-back and on the right of midfield as Bayern won a domestic double in 2004/05, but first-team football proved harder to come by as Felix Magath's men repeated that feat in 2005/06.

• With National team:

1996-2006-
    -Bosnia and Herzegovina--43 (6)

A pivotal player in the Bosnia-Herzegovina national team, Salihamidžić is yet to play in a final tournament, although his country almost qualified for UEFA EURO 2004™. Salihamidžić and the national team of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in its brief history, have never qualified for a big tournament, but in the qualifying campaign for Euro 2004, only one goal in the last game against Denmark separated them from the big tournament in Portugal.

Honours:
  • World Club Cup 2001
  • Champions League 2001
  • German championship 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
  • German Cup 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006
  • League Cup 1999, 2000, 2004

Things you don't know about Brazzo:

He wanted to move to Germany to get away from the war, he worked as a waiter in a local restaurant for six months so he could save enough money for a ticket. In November 1992, Salihamidžić had come to Hamburg and with the help of his cousin Ahmet Halilhodžić he joined the youth team of the German Bundesliga team Hamburger SV.

To be updated later...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
His not coming i read somewhere that he will be used in a exchanged deal to get iaquinta! :eyebrows:
so just copy and paste this thread in the udinese forum :p

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
His not coming i read somewhere that he will be used in a exchanged deal to get iaquinta! :eyebrows:
u have so many contradicting news...1st u say u r sure Buffon is satying, and now we will use Brazzo in exchange of Iaquinta...
r u the new 007?! :p :D

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Sooooooooo... Hasan will be a good addition to this team. I think everyone is underestimating his ability to play in Nedved's position. He is perfect for that role.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Sooooooooo... Hasan will be a good addition to this team. I think everyone is underestimating his ability to play in Nedved's position. He is perfect for that role.
I didn't see enough of him, but in a few games where he played on the left side, he wasn't as effective as on the right side...

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    I already copied it there, don't worry. :tongue:

Yes, Hasan is a good addition. He is versatile, always motivated and gives his best in every match.

ps: Ahmed why the rush u worried someone will beat u to it (opening the thread) :D
    You're reading my mind. :D

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    he is a right sided SMF or RB...how is he gonna play nedved's position...he operates on the complete opposite side of the pitch

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    he is a right sided SMF or RB...how is he gonna play nedved's position...he operates on the complete opposite side of the pitch
    Brazzo is indeed able to play on the left, too. But he is by far better on the right side (both midfield and defense) and in my opinion we should not plan with him for the left wing. We need a real left winger there.

By the way he is always praising Juve and seems to look forward to play here. "Our job is to bring Juve back to where it belongs".

Apr 12, 2004
    Since I have followed Bayern, I have seen him play every position on the field but keeper and center back, he can play in "Nedved's" position. Even though the position was there 150 years before Nedved was even born.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)