Post Of The Year 2006 -Voting! (1 Viewer)

Post of the year?

• May-Stripper

• June-Gray

• July-Salman

• August-Bozi

• September-Bozi

• October-The Pado

• November-Swag

• December-Isha

Results are only viewable after voting.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The May winner is:
Stripper said:
1. Juve get relegated
2. Heavy celebrations in Rome
3. Sensi to pop a bottle of champagne only to get scared of the sound and have a heart attack and die
4. Juve loan all their players to Siena
5. Siena (Bianconeri) win Serie A
6. Inter come in 3rd place
7. Juventus come back to Serie A
8. Juve kick the shit out of Inter
9. Inter blame the loss on the fact that Juve are a newly promoted side that are still high on promotion passion
10. Juve win Serie A
11. Inter come in 3rd place

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Greg put it best, "And of course, nominations wouldn't be complete without salman's wise observation about Inter being awarded the 2005-2006 championship:"
    salman said:
    what a bunch of pussies.this is like celebrating your child's birth even though you know that it was another guy who shagged your wife.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Bozi's picture caption.
    Bozi said:
    Alex-"so first you put the foot inside the boot,then you pull the leces tight"
    Totti-"wait, so you tie the laces after they are on the foot??"
    Alex-"yes otherwise you will not get them on the foot"
    Totti-"ah,ok, then what?"
    Alex-"then you put that one over there and under there, then pull it through"
    Totti-"pull....over....under.....wait...i got it....no,its gone"
    Alex-"think you better stick to those velcro ones"
    Totti-"cassano is so lucky to have capello to do i for him"
    Alex-"aye but he pays a heavy price for it when he gets his ring stretched"
    Totti-"why does he get his ring stretched?wont it fall off his finger?"
    Alex-"no,i mean...nevermind"

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    And the October winner was Pado's explanation of why he doesn't read the Norwegian newspapers:
    The Pado said:
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    Ik dacht van niet omdat "schiereiland" ook aan elkaar moet (toch?). Is "schier" trouwens onafhankelijk wel een woord? Of is 't 'n voorvoegsel zoals "on" en "des" in "onregelmatig" en "desinteresse"?
    Martin sometimes passes me Norwegian newspaper links etc and I have to admit I understand most of it. But spoken Swedish went waaayyy over the top off my head
    Martin once took me to a Rosenborg v. Juventus CL match. He hardly spoke to me during the match, and I thought it was because we were both so damn cold that he could not bring himself to speak. After the match ended in a draw, we took the city bus to a modern-looking pub where we were met by 5 or 6 of Martin's techie buddies who were expecting my arrival. They proceded to beat me down with large stacks of Norwegian newspapers and pour cold beer on my lifeless body before dumping me in the trash bin in frigid temps. So, Erik, you will have to excuse the fact that I do not read Norwegian newspapers anymore.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Yeah, you are right, Cobolli is a good president. :agree:

It was so nice reading the words of our President, when he apologized to the football world for our wrongdoing :touched: It was so nice of him. No, not only nice, I'm underrating him: he was a real hero. I mean, who would have had the heart of apologizing for wrong doings that not even the sportive judge was able to find? In fact, according to the verdict, we have been punished for "altering the standings without altering neither the results of the matches, nor the matches themselves" and all of this without that any of those who were on the field (ref and linesmen included) committed any illicit behavior. Impressive, I have to say.
    He also apologized for the Bologna victory. No one can be sure if it was goal or not, what is sure is that we robbed the match and, fortunately :touched: , we had Cobolli apologizing on our behalf (like, I'm sure, every president of the other teams who had ref's mistakes in their favor did to us.. or not?).
    To feel alright with his coscience he also sold, so to say, 2 of the club's players to the victims of Moggi's and Giraudo's robberies. It was a good payback, 'cause it ensured Inter to finally have some quality players, necessary to win (but, wait, didn't Inter lose and Juve win just because of Moggi? Mysteries..).
    Fortunately Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is a nice man, so nice that he feels ashamed for our 2 stolen scudetti and, after all, he was a bit relieved when, finally, they gave the scudetto trophy to Inter, a couple of weeks ago. He stood there, happy, clapping his hands. Something less for him to worry about, thank god.
    Cobolli is also a great manager and, even though he is not able to produce gold with his own intestine, he's a master in making the companies he works for do this for him. He was often precious in Ifil's history and, with the time, he became the head liquidator of the group.
    He has his values at heart and likes to share them with the Juventino people: "Our example in life is Giacinto Facchetti". Ah, finally some honesty in this dirty club. Now we have Facchetti, who, fighting against the terrible Moggi, did nothing against the falsified Recoba's documents (and his stolen car license) and had nice dinners with Bergamo. All of this to fight the cancer of football, don't get any strange ideas!
    And Scirea? Wasn't he the example for the Juventini? Yeah, I know, you are right. He was a dirty hunchback too, we can't have him as example in this clean new deal.
    Cobolli was put there along with some other very nice men. Tardelli, for example, who we discovered to be very attentive to his heirs' needs. We all remember his fine words "Had it been for me I would have sold also Camoranesi, Trezeguet and Buffon. As boards members we would have gained much money from this" :touched: To remember is also the night when he was guest at the "Domenica Sportiva" (as he has been for years) along with Nedved. He scolded this rude Czech, when he dared to say that he felt the scudetto as his, because he had given his heart to win it, while it was obvious that other teams had been inferior to Juve. No, Pavel, you shouldn't say these bad things! At a point, so in the know of his club's business (he's a manager, after all), he asked Nedved: "So, are you gonna hang your boots next year?". The rude Czech was a bit dumbfounded to have been asked this question on tv by a member of his own club. We all know the Czech to be quite dumb.
    Another member of the board is Gianpaolo Montali, the coach of the Italian volley Nt. Other than the fact that he's a huge Fiorentina fan, we don't know much more about his relationship with Juve, because our dear Gianpaolo avoids to talk about the club in interviews, like if he was avoiding a certain death. "No, please, I don't feel like talking about it. They won against Frosinone? That's nice" or "No, I won't speak about the club today" or "The club is another matter, this is not the place to discuss my role in it". To tell the truth I don't feel like judging him for this, no one would risk their own team (the Nt) to be labelled as one of thieves too. It just hurt to know that, because of this stupid and insignificant board role, he wasted so much time these months and that this is why he didn't concentrate fully on the Nt. It's really comprehensible he doesn't want to talk about it.
    Then there is Bettega (it's his birthday, today, btw).. no, wait, this dude (friend of the thieves, let's not forget) is not part of the board anymore. He doesn't even have a specific role in Juventus, it seems like everyone is ashamed of him. Too bad they couldn't send him away: his contract hasn't expired yet. Never officially mentioned, he is sometimes used by the club, since he's the only one who is in touch with the football world and has some experience. When he's not of use, you can sometimes find him in Vinovo, wearing his grey coat, usually alone. No surprise here, when someone is considered a thief you can't expect him to be welcomed anywhere.
    Zaccone is another hard worker. After having asked himself a penalized B, he wrote an appeal request to TAR -judged by many as excellent- where he talked about human rights and biased verdicts, written without any proof or theory. Fortunately this piece of work was never used. Zaccone was gonna ruin our reputation of thieves. Retiring the appeal resulted in losing the richest sponsor deal ever signed by a football club.. it was just what we deserved: thieves have to be punished in some way.
    I'm proud to say that, with the time, our Zaccone has finally seen the light: when asked via e-mail about his summer actions he says that it's all Moggi's fault, completely forgetting about human rights and fake processes.
    We almost lost him, some weeks ago. In a public reunion he was near an heart-attack, when people started shouting what they thought about him and his penalized B. Fortunately Cobolli came to his rescue and decided that a lie was in order to save the day: "My dear Juventini, the scudetti are 29!" he shouted, crossing his fingers behind his back, I hope, because lying is a sin.
    Who chose all these men and who tells them what to do? The Elkann brothers: young men with firm ideas in their heads. John, for example, was quickly not to defend the management in May. They are young and so they have to be supported by Montezemolo, another man who had felt Giraudo was a thief from the beginning, publicly hating him from day 1, something like 20 years ago.
    Montezemolo found a wonderful present under the Christmas tree: his Ferrari's new sponsor, Tim (Telecom Italia Mobile). Yeah, the ones who, illegally tapping phones, helped Ifil and calcio to get rid of the rotten apples.
    But, wait a minute! Why are the Elkanns at the head of Juventus? It's a bit strange, if you think about it: in the '94 deal signed by Umberto and Gianni Agnelli, Gianni was to become the one in charge of cars (from Fiat to Ferrari) and Umberto was to take care to the rest (Juventus included). What happened to Andrea? Well, what to say, if you have bad companions (those damn thieves), it's only normal that they will take your own company from your hands.

What to say? The are all great and I'm happy to have them working for Juve, especially in the places of those thieves.
    I could chant their praises on and on, but, quite frankly, they are so special that I wouldn't ever end.:agree:
    I'll go find November now...

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    It's been a long strange trip. I've been aware of the whole Fair Trade thing for a number of years. Ironically, it was developed as sort of a response to the big business practices of the likes of Nestlé, Sara Lee, Proctor & Gamble, and Kraft Foods -- where they helped the Vietnamese grow and flood the market with C-grade robusta beans at $0.40/pound, putting any quality grower almost out of business with an inability to recoup costs. Fair Trade was also a response to the big retailers like McDonald's and Starbucks who encouraged those cutthroat price practices with mass quantity, questionable-grade beans.

To that extent, Fair Trade has been a success story in that now McDonald's and Starbucks -- two examples that were the whole cause for Fair Trade -- flipped sides and now support the causes. But Fair Trade has really gotten out of hand, IMO, particularly in the past year when all the "stiff-collared,middle-class,eco-conscious blowhards" suddenly got a hold of it and started to demonize anybody who produced or drank coffee that didn't carry the Fair Trade label.

Fair Trade is a completely flawed attempt at a problem. Some argue that it's better than nothing at all, while others disagree. What it's created is a Fair Trade cartel of sorts that works for some farms in a select few countries. But it's punished other farmers and created a lot of abuses too. It's gotten so bad that one of the premiere, high-end roasters in the U.S., Chicago's Intelligentsia, recently discontinued doing any business with Fair Trade. (THey created their own "Direct Trade" labelling in response to how shady Fair Trade has become.)

So what we have now are all these eco-conscious blowhards that are a couple of years behind of where they should be, promoting something now they should have been a couple years ago, but by now they should be questioning its value and recognizing all its flaws ... for which they are blindly not doing at all yet. :smoke:
    Anyone up for a post of the year, 2006 poll?

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    well i was gonna do it straight through from may to april but feel it will b better if we can do it from january to december next time

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    the bozman with out any doiubt, those soap opera's always made my day and anticipating who crapello will screw at real madrid was superb!!!!!!!!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Yer, this is a funny period to make a "post of the year".. I was thinking it will be in January 2008. :confused:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    well i was gonna do it straight through from may to april but feel it will b better if we can do it from january to december next time
    I hear you but we're a bit too late. It's all fine though. Stretch the voting until the end of June so we can present the winners of "Post of the Year" and "Goal of the Year" together.

what you think
    please discuss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)