Angelo Peruzzi to retire (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Peruzzi hangs up his gloves

Sunday 29 April, 2007
Lazio goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi has confirmed this will be his final season before retirement.

“I made this decision in January,” he told Sky Italia television after the 0-0 draw with Roma this afternoon.

“Not only was this my last Rome derby, but it could well be my last game in Serie A. I am going to retire.”

The shot-stopper was born in Viterbo on February 16, 1970 and made his top flight debut for Roma back in December 1987 at San Siro.

He has notched up 477 Serie A appearances with Verona, Roma, Juventus, Inter and Lazio, having joined the Biancocelesti in 2000.

Peruzzi also picked up a World Cup winner’s medal as Italy’s third choice goalkeeper in Germany 2006.

With this result Lazio dropped down to fourth place, as Milan have leapfrogged past them in the standings.

“In the first half we had the better of the play, but were lacking something in that final ball. The second period wasn’t a great game for either team.”

Thanks for a great career Tyson. :tup:
Coolness at it's best during the pk's in Rome vs Ajax.

:pint:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
mark77 please don´t open new threads just to post articles. Use the search function first. Thank you. Thread closed!

:D

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    mark77 please don´t open new threads just to post articles. Use the search function first. Thank you. Thread closed!

:D
    @M.A.R.K

DO NOT!

* Post in any language other than English.
    * Use foul and abusive language.
    * Use a signature larger than 4 lines of standard text.
    * Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
    * Post full nudity pictures/videos, or other pictures/videos that could offend
    * Advertise or spam.
    * Write in CAPITAL LETTERS.
    * Double post.
    * Ask to be a moderator.
    * Pretend to be a moderator, or act as though you are a moderator.
    * Revive dead topics, if a thread is several months old there is no good reason to drag it back up.
    * Say anything if you have nothing to say.
    * Open a new thread just to ask a question or just to post a new article, use the search function first, it might get your answer first and keep the forums tidier.
    * Derail threads where there is serious discussion going on.
    * Post live match updates in the match thread, there is a special thread for that.

:pint: :D

Like this didn't deserve a thread of it's own instead of being lost in a crappy 2006-2007 Serie A thread.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    I posted it before, but as I said the man deserves all respect. He's always been disciplined in every day of his long career. And I consider him the best Italian goalkeeper in the last decade, as said by M.A.A.K. And one of the best goalkeepers ever.

Good luck, Peruzzi.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Ciao Angelo! You'll be missed! :cry:
    Peruzzi was a great keeper for Juve. He is a real personality. He'll be missed in the Italian footballing world, when he retires.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    3rd greatest Juventino keeper after Gigi and Dino!

Long live, Angelo :pint:

PS actually when I think about it, Tacconi was pretty sick too

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Sorry to see him go. I loved him at Juve, but I always preferred Rampulla.

The "Wild Boar" certainly was one of Italy's best and I hope the Laziale respect him as much as the Juventini do.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I started supporting Juventus after his time,so i never saw him play live with the team,though i have heard great things about him.Its a pity that the world cup where he would have been a starter,had to be missed due to injury.

I hope he has a great post-football life.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    i dont remember the circumstances on how he left us but i guess buff has obviously proven himself as a worthy successor to him and chimi.

one regret i had is that he spent a few yrs at lazio :tdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)