Kluivert vs. Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Which one do you think would suite juve more??

I think trez has adapted to italian football, but in general, i think kluivert is better, but then again when you look at kluiverts record in italy, it is awful and i dont think it would be easy for him to adapt to italian football, he had enough trouble with milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
overall, Kluivert is more complete. but i think Trez Suits juve pretty well because we have DP and Neddy to provide. we also have Camo who plays wide. + he has already proved himself with juve.

BTW, i'm not suggesting that Kluivert couldn't make it with juve. you can't really judge a player from his performance with another league team.
Davids is a good example. he hasn't played well with Milan, yet he has done well with juve.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
and he dutch as well....hmmm...
yeah, i told you Davids was a good example :D....and dont be thinking that i'm implying that Kluivert should move to juve :yuck:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
of course Tom, we all know you have a fetish for kluivert.

you know what i love about kluivert.......he seems to score so much more than trezeguet:D

seriously, kluivert at juve would be a waste. TRez is what we need.....a striker who finsihes and can score 25 plus goals a season. kluivert doesnt do that.

shouldnt really comapre actually, they are different types of strikers.

if i had to replace trez at juve, only Adriano would be the man for me.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
y not? he played badly for milan, so he's sure to suceed here like davids rite? ;)
could this also suggest that juve should sell their best players to Milan to ruin their team ;)

:D

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    after todays game i prefer trez, he is a very flexiible player and that was a key factor to our win. the confidence that his goal put in juve is what made us win!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Trez is more consistent IMO, and he's better at shooting on the turn.

Speed: Both not that fast (I think?)
    Dribbling: Kluivert
    Headers: Kluivert
    Finishing: Trezeguet
    Passing: Both don't really pass
    Crossing: As above
    Strength: Kluivert
    Consistency: Trezeguet
    Selfishness: Trez is slightly less selfish

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    ok but I really don't see how he would fail..looking forward to your explanation !
    In Holland, strikers grow up in luxury. It's OK if you miss a couple of chances because there will be about a dozen more.
    Defences are weak and the entire team comes up behind you for support when in ball posession and on the attack.

In Italy, you may only get one or two shots and you have to score at least one goal. This is where most Dutch strikers fail. If you watch a couple of matches with players such as Kluivert, you'll see that they need more chances to score than players like Trezeguet or Vieri.

I believe this is the reason that Kluivert has failed before in Serie A and would fail again. With the few exceptions to confirm the rule, most Dutch strikers and forwards could never and still can't make it in Italy.

This reason is also part of the goal-scoring problem with the Dutch NT but that's another topic.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Kluivert is IMO the more complete player. His dribbling is definetely better than Trezeguet's, he's better in the air and stronger too, but for Juve I prefer Trez. We don't really need Kluivert's skills because we have DP, Neddy, Camo, Zambro and Davids for that, and Trez is the better finisher. Apart from this, I think that the most important thing is that Kluivert failed in Italy with Milan whereas Trez has proved himself in Italy and flourished beautifully last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)