Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World (4 Viewers)

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Cristiano is the best in the world at the moment. :D

Ronaldo is World's best - Blackmore
Friday, March 16, 2007

Former Manchester United defender Clayton Blackmore reckons Cristiano Ronaldo is "the best player in the world at the moment".

Blackmore will always be remembered as the first United player to score a goal after English teams were re-admitted to European competition following the ban imposed after the Heysel disaster.

His long-range effort against Hungarian outfit Pecsi Munkas at Old Trafford in 1990, was the start of a run which would eventually lead to Cup Winners' Cup glory on a rainy night in Rotterdam at the expense of old foes Barcelona.

Yet, while Ronald Koeman and Michael Laudrup were among the Barca players who had to be overcome before Bryan Robson became the second United skipper after Bobby Charlton to lift a major European trophy, Blackmore is adamant none of them presented the challenge Ronaldo presently does.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment," said Blackmore.

"When I watch wide players these days I always think, 'Would I want to play against him'. In Ronaldo's case, the answer is categorically no.

"As someone who played with and against Ryan Giggs, I know exactly how good he is. But Ronaldo is something different.

"He does things in a game situation most people only practise in training. He backheels the ball, plays one-twos with himself, does these reverse passes. Then there are the stepovers. People think he is just doing them for effect. But as a defender, it is a total nightmare.

"I have never seen anyone with such quick feet. It is like a blur and you know, at some point, he is going to take the ball with him.

"The only way I can see it is possible to stop him is by getting touch-tight every time the ball gets near him. But even then, he has the pace to get round the back."

With Ronaldo's help, Blackmore is convinced United can go on to lift the European Cup for a third time this season, reviving memories of his own glory night against Barca 16 years ago.

"I used to love playing in Europe," he said.

"You always seemed to get more time on the ball, which made the whole game that much more enjoyable.

"I was so focused the night we beat Barcelona it didn't even register it was raining, when in fact, it had been throwing it down throughout the game.

"The thing I will never forget was the sheer number of fans we had at the game.

"You didn't really notice it while the match was going on but once we had won, the Barcelona supporters left and the stadium was still three-quarters full."

After the EUROPE XI match. The cocky free-kick was just brilliant, the moves he pulled off were fantastic, the 'cock up' was halirious. Love 'em.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    That's the second time, you've said that without actually giving me + rep. Not that I care of course.. :D.

Best player in the world hmm, Kaka maybe. Plenty of players are definately better than Cristiano Ronaldo though.
    I agree with Kaka, but C. Ronaldo is one of the best players of the world at the moment I don't see why so many people hate him, or dislike him.

He dives, he stopped doing that. He scores penalties everytime, he gets by players with ease, he has amazing vision can picture a pass perfectly. He has a great cross now, WAY better than a year ago. He can shoot with both feet, he can cross with both feet. He can header well for a winger. He's 22.

That's pathetic.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    im with you MDJ on current form c ronaldo is far and away the best player in the world ATM. Kaka has not impressed me as much as ronaldo this season

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    says the man who has C.ronaldo in his avatar :p
    He dives, he stopped doing that.
    no he didn't

he is one of the best, but i dont think he is the best player in the world right now.This season the only players that compete with him are kaka and i hate to say it but Ibra as well.

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    says the man who has C.ronaldo in his avatar :p

no he didn't

he is one of the best, but i dont think he is the best player in the world right now.This season the only players that compete with him are kaka and i hate to say it but Ibra as well.
    Haha, I love him, no i'm not gay. He's my idol, but I respect peoples opinions and I try not to be biased, I just believe he deserves to be titled "one of the best players in the world" even the C. Ronaldo haters have to admit they are envious when he touches the ball, the opposing team gets shakey when he gets the ball you don't know what he'll do.

As for the diving, he doesn't do it as much against Lille he didn't dive, but because of his bad habits he got a yellow and was blaimed for diving, it should've been a penalty I guess it's payback for that odd, but fair, free-kick in the first leg.

I like Kaka, and he deserves a lot of notice too.
    NTS: 200 posts!

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    what a surprise a former manure player says that a current manure palyer is the best in the world,what next?ian wright claims thierry henry is the best?dennis wise says drogba is the best?

as for ronaldo, he is in the top 5 but kaka is practically single handedly keeping milans season alive.

for me kaka is the best player on teh planet right now,ronaldo is getting there but he is nowhere near kaka's level just now

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    what a surprise a former manure player says that a current manure palyer is the best in the world,what next?ian wright claims thierry henry is the best?dennis wise says drogba is the best?

as for ronaldo, he is in the top 5 but kaka is practically single handedly keeping milans season alive.

for me kaka is the best player on teh planet right now,ronaldo is getting there but he is nowhere near kaka's level just now
    Very nice post, what you said about former players stating players of the same club being the best is true, i'm just trying to make it clear that he is one of the best players, Kaka keeping Milan's season alive, I couldn't agree more, and with Ronaldo they will get back up there, he's slow but he can score.

Once again, very nice post.

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #16
    Because Clayton Blackmore said so?
    Nope, happy you said that though.

Scolari said so, Ferguson said so, Clayton said so, Ronaldo proves it in most of his matches (no ones perfect), big clubs are interested in him, he is worth 80 million, Nike tried to help Juventus to bring him to the club (there must be a reason), he won many awards in 3 years, he should've won the FIFA World Cup 2006 Youth Player, he wasn't the best player but was robbed of that award I won't get into that though, he is a big part of Manchester's success this season Giggs, Scholes and Vidic.

A person doesn't have to say anything, just watch him play a few games, he's incredible he has a lot of creativity, you may say he does the same move, but he does it in many different ways.

In all, because Ronaldo said so if that helps.

:pint:

Jul 23, 2006
    C.Ronaldo would be the best player in the world if he could show his EPL form on the european stage(whether it's with portugal {who have been disappointing in the qualifications so far} or in the Uefa champs league)

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Well, I didn't like C. Ronaldo, but I must admit he seduced me.

He seems more mature now, he's more consistent and stopped being that ridicule cry-baby everyone hated.

I dunno if he's the best right now (Kaka is better IMO), but he's a great player, no doubt.

OP
    Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #20
    Well, I didn't like C. Ronaldo, but I must admit he seduced me.

He seems more mature now, he's more consistent and stopped being that ridicule cry-baby everyone hated.

I dunno if he's the best right now (Kaka is better IMO), but he's a great player, no doubt.
    :agree: Very true.

As for Portugal being disappointing no they haven't, the matches against Denmark and Poland were matches that most of our First 11 players were demoraziled, against Denmark they were out of form.

You will see Portugal climb to the top with Quaresma on the left and Simao as a striker, the tactic I said they should've used at the World Cup, but they used it againt Brazil and won a dominating match, final score 2-0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)