Balzaretti! (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
From the official site:

Both on and off the field, Federico Balzaretti has become a key player in the Juventus project this season. The swashbuckling fullback began this afternoon's press conference with a word on the team's successful trip to Modena: "We've been criticised by some for our performace on Monday night but that doesn't wash with me. We haven't always played well this year but that wasn't the case in Modena. We had a fantastic first half, exploiting the spaces out wide, playing one touch football and creating ample chances on goal. We spent a lot of energy though so it's no surprise our pace dropped in the second half. Having said that, it was a thoroughly deserved win. We were up against a very defensive minded outfit. That's football though and every coach has his own choices to make but when a team plays like that, it's only right they get punished".

Balza responded to accusations of an over-zealous approach from the team, highlighted by Del Piero's challenge on Campedelli: "We've been chastised for not taking control of games. We know more than anyone that we haven't always got off to the best of starts, but we've never underestimated a single opponent. We know we're technically superior to the rest of the field, but if we don't put in enough aggression, the opposition grows in confidence. After Vicenza we all had a chat and we've learned our lesson. We have to press hard and be decisive right from the outset. That's what we did in Modena and that's what we have to do every game. Alessandro? I'm with him 100%. He didn't mean to harm the player, it was an accidental foul. That's why he shouldn't be criticised, especially when you consider how many times it's him who's on the receiving end of dangerous challenges. He should be defended, not criticised".

The showdown with Modena saw the return of a battling Juventus. Top spot and a five point lead over third place have helped the team realise that now is the time to make their move. "I'll say it again, the draw with Vicenza sparked something off inside us, we've acknowledged that mistakes like that should never be allowed to happen again. This is a crucial stage of the season, on Sunday we have the face to face with Piacenza, then it's off to Brescia and after that we have two home games in a row. We need to push hard and try our hardest to break away from the rest of the pack. A little continuity and a regular haul of points right now could see us enjoy a relaxed end to the season".

Solidity at the back has been just one of the secrets of the Bianconeri's recent rennaissance, and it's there in defence that Balzaretti has cemented his place. The choice to move Chiellini into the middle has left him with more room, but the key has been the consistency of his performances. "I can't help being pleased. I've been playing there regularly for a year now and I'm happy with my contribution. I know what an honour it is to wear this shirt, I'm aware of the responsibility that comes with it, and I want to play my part in the return to Serie A. The boss has faith in me so it's no surprise I'm proud of myself".

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I'm not sure if he is first team material. Now yes, but when we get to Serie A, imo he isn't ready for the first team yet.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
do you really think Balzaretti deserves his own thread on this forum? He hasn't done anything yet and he has not helped win anything.
And Balzaretti is not good enough to play with Italy especially with players like Oddo, Zambrotta, Grosso that play in the same place(LB/RB)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
do you really think Balzaretti deserves his own thread on this forum? He hasn't done anything yet and he has not helped win anything.
And Balzaretti is not good enough to play with Italy especially with players like Oddo, Zambrotta, Grosso that play in the same place(LB/RB)
:agree:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Opening a thread about player doesn't always mean to honour him, in that thread you can bash him too. :D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
At least, Balzaretti has been improving but slowly, also, he is still 25. Do you remember Oddo when he was at the same age? I don't think so. Regarding Grosso, I think that he attacks well, but the most important is that he isn't that good defender, in my opinion (Thanks to Lippi and the steel like defence of Italy, especially in the WC, who gave him the chance to shine).

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Sorry Marko i cant stand Donadoni, i use to like him b4 he became the coach
On the contrary, I think that he was one of the best midfielders in his generation, but I've started to have some contradicting feelings about him when he became Italy's coach. Even if he is a good tactican, he would be compared to the legendary Lippi, and this isn't in Donadoni's side, at least until he achieves something with Italy.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
At least, Balzaretti has been improving but slowly, also, he is still 25. Do you remember Oddo when he was at the same age? I don't think so. Regarding Grosso, I think that he attacks well, but the most important is that he isn't that good defender, in my opinion (Thanks to Lippi and the steel like defence of Italy, especially in the WC, who gave him the chance to shine).
You say he is only 25 but the best players are all 26 and less like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Kaka, Pirlo, C Ronaldo, Rooney, Messi, Gerrard etc

What can i say im a dirty girl! Sorry Marko i cant stand Donadoni, i use to like him b4 he became the coach
some guys like dirty girls :eyebrows:

On the contrary, I think that he was one of the best midfielders in his generation, but I've started to have some contradicting feelings about him when he became Italy's coach. Even if he is a good tactican, he would be compared to the legendary Lippi, and this isn't in Donadoni's side, at least until he achieves something with Italy.
Usually when you say on the contrary you are going to say the opposite not agree with it :D

x-japan

Dec 31, 2006
You say he is only 25 but the best players are all 26 and less like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Kaka, Pirlo, C Ronaldo, Rooney, Messi, Gerrard etc
-Some players reach their top form lately in career, there are some examples from Italy: C.Lucarelli, L.Toni, Bierhoff, our former striker Toto schillaci,....

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
he had an up and down season which is surprising to me as he was great for us last season and one of the good things to come of the Capello era.

He seems to posses a good head on his shoulders with some leadership attributes which could only benefit the team now and the future.

Good on you Federico and keep up the good work

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006

some guys like dirty girls :eyebrows:

Usually when you say on the contrary you are going to say the opposite not agree with it :D
erm.. none of the players u mentioned are defenders(i think John Terry is the only superb defender within that age range)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Mate, all the previously mentioned players aren't defenders. :smoke:

Michael_Cutajar said:
My bad, I thought that he was saying the opposite. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)