Gaetano Scirea (1 Viewer)

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I am requesting a video of Gaetano Scirea playing for Juventus. It would be greatly appreciated for everyone's football education. And of course I would be lying if I said I wasn't dying to learn myself!

So, yeah - if you have one post the link in this thread. :)

Ciao

Alexander

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ascension

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    I would love to consider him on level with Nesta. And if Scirea really is better than Nesta it means he would be the best defender in the game ever. :smoke:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    After you're done with Scirea, I advice you to take a look at Kaizer Franco and Maldini before you started to watch football. I am sure all your views on defending would change.

OP
    Ascension

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Thanks for the advice. I could do that after I have watched Scirea. I have seen a few clips with Der Kaiser and from what I could see he was a brilliant passer but sadly I never got to see him defend. Cesare Maldini I never saw while I've seen some of Paolo Maldini at his best and a lot of him the last years where he lost pace in his game.

I gotta take it in dosages, take it in and form an opinion. :pint:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Thanks for the advice. I could do that after I have watched Scirea. I have seen a few clips with Der Kaiser and from what I could see he was a brilliant passer but sadly I never got to see him defend. Cesare Maldini I never saw while I've seen some of Paolo Maldini at his best and a lot of him the last years where he lost pace in his game.

I gotta take it in dosages, take it in and form an opinion. :pint:
    Kaiser Franco is NOT Beckenpauer ;) and I speak of Paolo NOT Cesare

OP
    Ascension

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    I thought you meant 'Der Kaiser' who got his nickname from playing a match for Germany with a broken arm and was nicknamed after Napoleon who fought in a war with a broken arm.

Tell me then, who is Kaiser Franco. I remember we used to have a member here with that name.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    alexander i have nothing but respect for you now my friend, also can someone please help the man out?

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    After you're done with Scirea, I advice you to take a look at Kaizer Franco and Maldini before you started to watch football. I am sure all your views on defending would change.
    I still remember that Milan back line with: Tassoti, Costacura, Baresi, Maldini Rijkaard. That was a terrific defensive line.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    you will find them, try the fifa site as well for videos of world cup matches from when they were in their peak.
    or uefa and see them in european competition

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    I am a patient man. I have all my life to learn about these players. Though watching Maldini and especially Scirea simply is irresistable...
    Look in some football store the DVD of the WC '82. They have all the matches, some interviews, facts & figures, etc.

OP
    Ascension

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    I tried the FIFA site with no luck. On the UEFA site I found this article which I think you would find interesting to read.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/history/associationweeks/association=66/newsid=181112.html

I simply searched the word 'Gaetano Scirea' on their search engine and this came up:

http://www.uefa.com/search/index.htmx?q=Gaetano+Scirea

And basically I could not find any videos with Scirea.

It seems to me the chance is that someone sees this thread and posts a video with him that he has on his computer.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Juventus glory
    He starred alongside Claudio Gentile, Antonio Cabrini, Gaetano Scirea, Marco Tardelli, Franco Causio, Paolo Rossi and Roberto Bettega (an all-Italian squad which won the UEFA Cup in 1977). In eleven seasons in Turin, Zoff claimed six Italian titles and two Italian Cups, but suffered two European Cup final defeats (by Ajax in 1973 and Hamburg in 1983).

Scirea tribute
    Unforgettable times, especially those shared with defender Scirea, who was tragically killed in a road accident in 1986. "I miss Gaetano terribly and it annoys me that it was only after his death that his true worth as a player and man was recognised. But it seems that if you are a good, honest person in this world, nobody is interested."

World Cup winner
    Scirea was also a team-mate in 1982, when Zoff won the World Cup with Enzo Bearzot's Italy. This success made up for the disappointments of the three preceding tournaments. In 1970 he had been a substitute to Enrico Albertosi; in 1974 the Azzurri made a fast exit; while in Argentina, he conceded four goals as the team finished fourth.

great words from a great man

Jul 2, 2006
    Scirea is a special legend

He retired from club football at the end of the 1987-1988 season, one of the poorest in Juventus' history. Following this he took up the role of observer at Juventus, but was killed in a car crash at Skierniewice, Poland.

OP
    Ascension

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Scirea was a great man, a great footballer. So at least I am learning despite my lack of watching him on a pitch.

...and wow, your English really is improving, Turk :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)