Post of the Month March (3 Viewers)

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
tonykart on March the 1st

Some people get so fired up on these forums. I must admit that this is the first forums where I have made multiple posts and I just didn't expect to see so much immaturity. Not to be rude, but some people really need to take these less seriously and try to understand that other people have opinons and it isn't the opinion that is the enemy.

Instead of saying someone is stupid or questioning someone's knowledge, why don't you ask how they came to that conclusion. You could learn things from even the most unlikely sources.

Sorry to sound like a preacher, but something needs to be said about the behavior of some people. Hopefully, we will have more intelligent discussions in the future.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:lol:

Love John's. And tonykart's is brilliant for its sheer expectation of this place being more like a civil UN diplomats' dinner (though Martin can tell you stories from the early days ;)).

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Everyone is God's son or daughter. That's just the way it is. God loves us all equally.

But we can't go off topic, Bes, so I'll stop on my part this conversation knowing that I have told you the truth.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Everyone is God's son or daughter. That's just the way it is. God loves us all equally.

But we can't go off topic, Bes, so I'll stop on my part this conversation knowing that I have told you the truth.
I think god loves del pie more

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
He must certainly be a favourite... :D But in the end we're all favourites. We all have our own personal talent or gift, in the other words special image of God we were created in.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Haha, aw too bad my nomanies didn't qualify I still find it funny how someone could say that and beleive it's true. :D :agree: Henry has only been a great player when he went to Arsenal, Del Piero has ALWAYS been a good player, still is. :agree:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Juve adam shows that the best way to settle an arguement is to present the plain facts

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1277956&postcount=62

Gaetano Scirea is one of the only five players in European football history –join to Antonio Cabrini, Sergio Brio, Stefano Tacconi and Danny Blind- to have won all national and international trophies for football clubs recognized by UEFA and FIFA . He played for the Italian national team for more than a decade during which he was almost irreplaceable as the leading defender, and became World Champion with the 1982 FIFA World Cup winning team.
Scirea was a graceful defender of great skill and tactical ability. In contrast to the ruthless tactics often employed by other defenders, Scirea was renowned for his class, fair play and sportsmanship. He was never sent off or suspended during his entire career, which is probably a football record for a defender of international level, and this says a lot about his temperament and the level of his skill.During the 80's Juve was full of stars. Although there were players such as Bettega, Zoff, Tardelli, Platini, Brady, Boniek, Gentile and Furino, just to mention a few of them, there was one above of everyone else. Gaetano Scirea. The club has done what is right and proper by dedicating to Scirea the end where their most fervent supporters gather. He was a clean fighter, capable of transmitting confidence and strength at the same time. On the evening of the Heysel Stadium tragedy in Brussels in May 1985, it was Scirea who spoke on the microphone to try to calm the thousands of people traumatised by what was happening.

In the 1990 World Cup, Italy also conceeded 2 goals, one against Argentina, one from Englands David Platt. Does this mean that in Alexander's reasoning that Zenga-Baresi-Bergomi-Ferri-Maldini is as good as Buffon-Canna-Nesta-Zambro-Grosso?

This blatant disregard for the history of our game is actually frightening. For someone who has never even watched 82 WC highlights to say Canna & Nesta are the worlds best ever defenders is crazy. Yes they are the best of the last ten years, & alongside Maldini & Baresi probably the last 20. The absolute class of Scirea is the yardstick by which ALL Italian defenders are judged. He is without doubt the greatest ever, our Curva is not named in his honour lightly. Might I suggest Alexander looks at the list of legends who've worn our shirt, then thinks that above all these, the curva is named for our Scirea. This alone tells you all you need to know.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
How come it is unpopular to nominate your own posts?!

I would also like to nominate that post by JuveAdam. :star:

so you are saying that me being such a loser and all, is all due to god?
God has planned every single second of your life right down to the last detail.

No one is a loser. Everyone follows their own personal path, and even though it may seem impossible to understand you must always trust it.

God has the power. But you still have the responsibility for all your actions.

Hope that answers your question, my friend. :) :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)