Six word stories (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work.

Now it's time to make our own six word stories. By the end of February (probably) a winner will be announced.

Some inspiration:

"With bloody hands, I say good-bye."

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work.
Having read some Hemmingway, I'd go with that, for brevity alone.

Also, six words shouldn't be enough to make tears well up...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
mines is a modern love story extolling the vitues of safe sex

nice girls, itchy pubes, aids test

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Agree on Hemingway, he is booooooriiiiiiing.

I recall reading a really great short story about an elephant, but I don't quite recall how it went.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001

Now it's time to make our own six word stories. By the end of February (probably) a winner will be announced.

Some inspiration:

"With bloody hands, I say good-bye."

I don't like Hemingway, but here's one from Augusto Monterroso, a Guatemalan writer who won Spain’s Asturias prize for literature once. He's reponsible for one of the best short stories I've ever read.

The Dinosaur
Upon waking, the dinosaur was still there.

Augusto Monterroso, a genius.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
The best one I heard (despite not being 6 words) was a story of a girl who had to write a short story that contained religion, sexuality and mystery.

She wrote: "Oh God, I'm pregnant. I wonder whose it is."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)