Are the 'threats' by the players Justified? (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Buffon and Trezeguet have repeated that they wont stay unless they are assured of a strong squad next season.Del Piero too apparently,has said that he wants a stronger Juventus next season that can compete for the Scudetto.

The futures of the first two are uncertain.But are their threats justified?Should they stop making statements and honour their contracts,or do they have the right to express their frustration publicly,keeping in mind that they stayed in the serie B when they could have ended up at any major team across europe?

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

you forgot camoranesi, but yeah, i'd say they're justified. each of those players is in their peak, highlight of their carrers, they don't have much time left and want to win as much as possible. the way i see it they have sacrificed themselves enough already and it's the clubs turn to repay them. where would we be now if only dp stayed and all the others left? i don't think our promotion would be that certain.

they have every right to demand a competitive side, imo they have more than earned it and have all my respect.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I think it's both good and bad. It's bad because their cries are getting really annoying and old, not to mention they are probably ruining the mood of the team.

But I think it's good as well because it's a constant pressure on the board that we need to get competitive and that something should start happening. So far all we hear are words and no action. They keep saying that they're going to assure all the stars that they're going to sign big players over the summer, but nothing really has happened, just tons of rumours on every major player in Europe pretty much. So I think it's good to keep reminding them of what they need to do and what they owe to the players for staying loyal to the black&white.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I think that when you make it like DP or Camoranesi and say it a few times, just to make somekind of presure to our managament is good, but what I dont like is the case of Buffon who likes to remind us every single week that "he wont stay unless bla,bla,bla"

I understand Gigi, but when you say the same thing over and over and over again you are just annoying the squad.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

tahir- i agree on the second part, so far our board has been all talk and very little, if none, action. this way they are at least under constant pressure and quite frankly they owe it to those players, not to mention us fans, to make us competitive again and as fast as possible.

espectro- i know what you're saying but don't you think the press drag on the same interview over and over again? i doubt buffon is being asked the same questions every week, it's probably the same story wrapped under a different publisher. it's what they do.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Players should shut up and play, IMO. If they have concerns or a beef with the administration, there's this thing called a telephone or knocking on an office door. You don't have to speak to reporters to get the word out.

That said, after hearing all of these player whinings, I'm half wondering when are the fans going to get a fair shake. When do fans get to tell a reporter that they won't stay unless Juve builds a competitive team next season? ;)

Matteo4Azzurri

Jan 7, 2007
Players should shut up and play, IMO. If they have concerns or a beef with the administration, there's this thing called a telephone or knocking on an office door. You don't have to speak to reporters to get the word out.

That said, after hearing all of these player whinings, I'm half wondering when are the fans going to get a fair shake. When do fans get to tell a reporter that they won't stay unless Juve builds a competitive team next season? ;)
+ REP

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
They are justified if all that is said and done are with sincere intentions. If they are using those threats as a smoke screen for more lucrative move then no.

I know our big players want to challenge for Lo Scudetto being a champion they all are, but it is extremely difficult to build a team when its star players are openly voicing their possible intention to leave. I guess, future developments will ultimately speak about the calibre of our management team.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005

You said it, I second that.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Buffon says he will only stay with a competitive squad, yet the other day he says Juve will do well and continue to be great even without him, clearly implying he believes the squad will be great once again.

I dont care anymore. The media are driving the story now.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'm with Swag on this one, the players should shut up.
they always should no matter what the problem is, if they don't like the situation in the club they should leave, it's not like they are managing the club, and they are free to leave and we should respect that, this is what I do, you don't see me calling the players names just because they left, I understand If Buffon especially wants to leave, FFS he is the best goalkeeper in the world and at his best, we should apreciate his stay at the club In SERIE B, but we have members who still doubt about him instead of apreciating his stay, even if he leaves, so what??? get over it!!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
The players should really stay away from those damn reporters...all this talk bout "i am Leaving if the team isnt strong enough for serie A" is a load of bull....first of all its not helping the teams mind set and confidence not just day to day or game to game...but towards the future....it might cause other players to start whining bout we need a stronger juve.....The last thing we want is someone like boomsang wise talkin..

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
I wish the papers would print the questions that their reporters are asking. That way we could get a much better sense of what's going on. This is just my speculation of what the weekly interview goes like:

Week 11

Reporter: So, Gigi, what are your hopes for next season?
Buffon: ...blah blah, I want a strong team, we're doing well now but I don't want to be on an average team in Serie A.
Reporter: Will you be around?
Buffon: No idea yet, there's a while to go.

Week 12

Reporter: Are you going to be here next year?
Buffon: I don't know yet.

Week 13

Reporter: Are you definitely not going to be here next year?
Buffon: I don't know...there's a long way to go.

Week 16

Reporter: So what are the plans for next year?
Buffon: Shut up, I'm tired of this, I don't want to talk about it any more.
Reporter: Alex, what do you think of the club's future?
Del Piero: We can do well next year if we have a strong team...obviously.

Next day's headline: BUFFON AND DEL PIERO WANT EXITS

You can make an interview go any way you want. The papers don't sell as well if they just print how the players are confident we'll be back in Serie A. The only result of all this bs is to unsettle everyone at Juventus, so let's wait and see like usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)