Buffon issues fresh warning (1 Viewer)

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Gianluigi Buffon has again told Juventus that he will only stay if they can fight for the title next season. “Finishing 12th in Serie A is of no interest,” he stated.

The World Cup winner remained with the outfit following their demotion to Serie B, but has warned the Bianconeri management that he needs guarantees that Juve will be competitive at the highest levels in 2007-08.

“I am flattered by the continuous compliments I receive,” noted the former Parma shot-stopper.

“But with no false modesty, I hear that I am one of the best goalkeepers in the world and that means that I feel the desire to play against the strongest sides.

“You can put this desire aside for a season, but after that I am sure that certain feelings will return,” added the custodian.

“I think I proved my affection for this outfit in the summer by deciding to play in Serie B. As to the future, it is too early to say what will happen, I will only speak when the League table becomes clearer.

“However, I am not interested in playing for a side which finishes the Serie A season in 12th place. I need motivation and I want to fight for important trophies,” he explained, reiterating what had already been said by teammates Mauro Camoranesi and David Trezeguet.

“Coach Didier Deschamps has also admitted that this side could not compete in the top flight right now.

“Of course everything would change if we were to finalise some important signings. I would be happy to remain, but we will have to see.”

The Italian No 1 will make his first appearance of the year in the Trofeo Berlusconi tie against Milan at the San Siro on Saturday.

“I hope things are better than the last time – when I injured myself,” added the man who dislocated his shoulder after colliding with Kaka in the 2005 edition.

“In any case, I am pleased to be back and have the chance of taking on a team like Milan – although I don’t think we are as strong as them at the moment.

“This game perhaps means more to us than it does to them, because we have to return to Serie A.

“We will probably be more motivated, but I hope that a good performance and a win will not give us the false impression of having already arrived.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I love an respect Buffon, but Gigi should stop with this bullshit for now and concetrate on playing. We are not yet in A

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'd think nothing of it guys. He's just pissed off about how everyone keeps hounding him about the same thing all the time. Don't worry, things will be set come June.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
Is Buffon starting to have the same problem with talking to the media a la Zebina?

Just get on with it already.
Maybe they have been hanging around with Cassano, but seriously i don't have a problem with Buffon stated what needs to be done for him to stay here. hopefully someone in the club notices and gets down to buisness.

Andy nice bowl win by your lions, nice to see them and JoePa finish the season with a bowl win.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I love an respect Buffon, but Gigi should stop with this bullshit for now and concetrate on playing. We are not yet in A
I agree with you in principal, amico mio...but on the other hand, a player of his caliber deserves to know his future. What's taking Juve (Coboli, etc, etc) so long?
Sign him, and be done with it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy nice bowl win by your lions, nice to see them and JoePa finish the season with a bowl win.
Thanks man, it was a good way to end the season. Hopefully next year we'll be trying to compete for the National Championship however difficult it may be... it would be a very nice way for JoePa to go out.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Buffon is forgetting that Juventus fans won't agree with a 12th place either. At least most wouldn't.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think that the players are unclear about the new club management's commitment to success the way they knew the old Triade was, for better or worse.

Not that I condone all this off-the-field, premature end-of-season player whining that has become so fashionable at Juve lately. But given the actions of our current board and management, I can understand their concerns.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
He's made it clear, as have others, that he wants a competitive team in front of him next season. If Secco can't meet Buffon's demands, then he can leave, regardless of all the newspaper glorification that the board puts out to lure him into staying.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
I gues Buffon said that only once and Media publishes same thing over and over again in different variants...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)