Champions League : Milan vs Inter (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hope this hasn't been posted already... anyway, I was just wondering about the two legs of the Champions League semi-final between Milan and Inter. How does the away goals rule work over the two legs? Is each time assigned a home and away leg? As far as I know, the first leg will be counted as a Milan home leg. Is this wrong? Also, how will the ticket allocation happen? I think it's a little unfair for the team that gets knocked out on away goals if the two legs are identical with respect to fans etc. How does this work?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    Hey guys, i hope nobody posted this already...anyway here goes. I was just wondering about the CL Semi-final between Milan and Inter, and I'm a bit confused about how the away goals rule will come into effect over the two legs. Are the two teams assigned a home and away leg? In this case, would one team have more tickets for their supporters on one night and vice versa? I'm asking because I think it would be unfair for one team if they went out on away goals, even though the match arrangements were identical with respect to ticketing etc. On the UEFA site, the match is listed as AC Milan vs Internazionale. Is this because the first game is counted as a Milan home match? Or just because A comes before I? I'm confused:confused:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Oops double post! Damn denial of service error, made me think my thread didn't post...and to think i typed all that out again!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Next time use Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C before you click on the button :)
    Yup, thanks~ Will do :D
    Oh and a prediction while I'm at it
    Ummm I think

First Leg : Milan 2-1 Inter
    Second Leg: Inter 3-1 Milan

I'd rather face Inter in the final, though, as they showed over the weekend that they're just not the same without Vieri, and also because we've done better head-to-head in the Serie A...and Milan have beaten us. Plus they haven't got much in the way of backups either, except for the inexperienced Martins (does Kallon still play?), since Batigol's out.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    LOL they cant both lose

if juve goes through then i want inter to go through
    if real madrid goes through then i want milan

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Couldn't agree with you more, fabiana. Inter would be easier opponents so I would want them to go through ahead of Milan if we get past Real, but if Real manage to conquer us then I would prefer them to get Milan in the final so that they lose :p

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    well , for me they still can both lose , suppose that Milan won 1-0 & then suddenly UEFA realizes that both teams had an agreement over this match to let Milan win it so i assume that UEFA will end both teams as losers :D

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    the way i see it, Inter we've already ,let's say ,demolished this season whereas AC Milan have beaten us 1-2 after winning over them 2-1 which means like draw so by facing and beating the crap outta them in the final should prove that we're the unstoppable Juve ( except from lazio and Man U:D)......of course let's not forget that we have to beat Mofo's Real first.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I don't mind which team goes through,
    as long as they don't forget their rivarly and make sure that there isn't enough player to play for both sides after the match.;).

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    umm could somebody please answer my question about the away goals rule, etc? It's a pretty unique situation as far as I know

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Hey guys, i hope nobody posted this already...anyway here goes. I was just wondering about the CL Semi-final between Milan and Inter, and I'm a bit confused about how the away goals rule will come into effect over the two legs. Are the two teams assigned a home and away leg? In this case, would one team have more tickets for their supporters on one night and vice versa? I'm asking because I think it would be unfair for one team if they went out on away goals, even though the match arrangements were identical with respect to ticketing etc. On the UEFA site, the match is listed as AC Milan vs Internazionale. Is this because the first game is counted as a Milan home match? Or just because A comes before I? I'm confused:confused:
    good question!!

i think (not 100% sure) that Milan will be given the most tickets in the first game since it's counted as a home game for Milan...and viser versa for inter
    the away goal rule will definately stand.

BTW, FORZA AC MILAN!!! Forza Maldini, Pippo, Sheva!! :star:
    i hope they reach the Finals becuase:
    1. they deserve it more (i.e. inter Suck)
    2. If juve loser to Madrid, then Milan will be the one most likely to stop them
    3. i like Milan :cool: :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    It's difficult to say who shall pass, as Milan are on a slump at the moment, and Inter without Vieri are not so strong.

Remember that on a one game final, anything is possible. In 96/97 we had the strongest Juve side of the 90s (Vieri, Zidane, Del Piero, etc...) and should have won easily the cup, but we didn't. Same for 97/98, and last season, a Real Madrid 10 times better than an average team like Leverkusen found it hard to win.

So whoever passes from Milan and Inter, it will still be tough. I hope for Milan, cos if we lose to them it would burn less than with those lucky moaning Inter.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

good question!!

i think (not 100% sure) that Milan will be given the most tickets in the first game since it's counted as a home game for Milan...and viser versa for inter
    the away goal rule will definately stand.

BTW, FORZA AC MILAN!!! Forza Maldini, Pippo, Sheva!! :star:
    i hope they reach the Finals becuase:
    1. they deserve it more (i.e. inter Suck)
    2. If juve loser to Madrid, then Milan will be the one most likely to stop them
    3. i like Milan :cool: :D
    Same here too Majed :)

Forza my 2nd favourite team MILAN :strong:

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
    So whoever passes from Milan and Inter, it will still be tough. I hope for Milan, cos if we lose to them it would burn less than with those lucky moaning Inter.
    couldn't agree more......they were lucky in the 1st group phase with Ajax and Lyon. so i don't wanna give them the slightest chance of beating us although it'd be easier to face them.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    just got an idea, lol. if juve wins the italian league this saturday, meaning they beat lazio and inter draws, then theyd be completely focused on the cl and it would be better, wouldnt it? :x

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
    may be...but for me, i'm not pretty sure that, juve will doing well in CL if they win the scudetto....to win scudetto we must win agaist lazio....and it is not an easy task...may be juve need full strength of full squad to accomplish it....but we also need this energy in r.madrid clash....

so, the consequences is, if juve focusing 100% and luckily win the scudetto this weekend, may be we will face some injury and stamina problem during r.madrid match....but from moral perspective, we will see Super Crazy Juve fight with real madrid...

hope trezegol can cheers us....i miss his goal....

forza juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)