Can't access site from some places (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think someone brought this up earlier...

I can access juventuz.com from my home computer, but when I come to work it says "connecting to juventuz.com" and eventually times out, so I have to go through a proxy, which isn't a huge problem, but it's still a bit of a pain.

What's the dealio?

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i have the same problem but both from work and home. i think it's my ISP's fault. i have to reconnect to get it open.

yo.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What the hell is going on, I cannot access home page of Juventuz.com and I have to log in every time I want to post something...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I also cant access the homepage!!!
Im getting this message : Fatal error: Call to undefined function:uery_first_slave() in /home/httpd/vhosts/juventuz.com/httpdocs/forum/global.php on line 241
Does anyone have an idea?!!!:smoke:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I also cant access the homepage!!!
Im getting this message : Fatal error: Call to undefined function:uery_first_slave() in /home/httpd/vhosts/juventuz.com/httpdocs/forum/global.php on line 241
Does anyone have an idea?!!!:smoke:
I´m getting the same message...
What the hell is going on, I cannot access home page of Juventuz.com and I have to log in every time I want to post something...
maybe they do not want you to visit juventuz any more :D :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's even worse when you can access the site: it looks like complete rubbish nowadays.

I think it looked great before, why did they have to change it?

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    I'm sure it's all part of the upgrading process, but holler again if it's still happening in a couple of days.
    Actually it happened before the upgrade :(
    I think it looked great before, why did they have to change it?
    The aesthetic change was just a side-effect of upgrading the vBulleting software, which was mainly done for the purpose of installing some anti-spam measures, including a change in the account registration system. In the few days since the upgrade, I haven't seen a single spam thread, so I don't really care about the appearance, which isn't that bad anyway.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I think someone brought this up earlier...

I can access juventuz.com from my home computer, but when I come to work it says "connecting to juventuz.com" and eventually times out, so I have to go through a proxy, which isn't a huge problem, but it's still a bit of a pain.

What's the dealio?
    this is the same issue I've been having this week. and I know for a fact that juventuz.com isn't blocked because our firewall team told me that they don't have it blocked. can someone help me out or give me an explanation?

btw if you're wondering why I am on the site right now, its because I'm on a network card

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

When I had this problem I solved it by editing my hosts file. The problem was caused by my ISP not updating DNS adresses or something.

Try this:
    open(in notepad) hosts file(C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc) and in the end put the following line: 85.25.2.63 www.juventuz.com and save the file.

After a while you should delete that line cause the address of the site can change, and your ISP probably has updated their DNS database and loading the site will work normally.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Aha. Vlatko probably nailed it. Sounds like you may have a DNS cache at work that's pointing to old server IPs when Marty probably moved them recently in response to the outages....

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    When I had this problem I solved it by editing my hosts file. The problem was caused by my ISP not updating DNS adresses or something.

Try this:
    open(in notepad) hosts file(C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc) and in the end put the following line: 85.25.2.63 www.juventuz.com and save the file.

After a while you should delete that line cause the address of the site can change, and your ISP probably has updated their DNS database and loading the site will work normally.
    ok i gave it a try and it still doesn't work

right now i am at home and i tested out my VPN from home and i can connect to the site from home on my company's VPN connection.

any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)