The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (5 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Italy Under-21 coach Pierluigi Casiraghi has named an experimental squad for the friendly against Luxembourg in Vibo Valentia on 12 December.

There are 12 new faces in the fold, with Casiraghi saying: "It will be a good opportunity to see players who will also be eligible for the Under-21s after the European Championship next summer." In those finals in the Netherlands, five-time champions Italy will face England, Serbia and the Czech Republic in Group B.

Italy squad
Goalkeepers: Gianluca Curci (AS Roma), Daniele Padelli (FC Crotone).

Defenders: Marco Andreolli (FC Internazionale Milano), Michele Canini (Cagliari Calcio), Domenico Criscito (Genoa 1893), Lino Marzoratti (Empoli FC), Marco Motta (Udinese Calcio), Francesco Pisano (Cagliari Calcio).

Midfielders: Ignazio Abate (Modena FC), Simone Bentivoglio (Modena FC), Paolo De Ceglie (Juventus), Raffaele De Martino (Udinese Calcio), Marino Defendi (Atalanta BC), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Valerio Virga (AS Roma).

Forwards: Arturo Lupoli (Derby County FC), Michele Paolucci (Ascoli Calcio 1898), Gabriele Paonessa (Vicenza Calcio), Nicola Pozzi (Empoli FC), Andrea Russotto (Treviso FC).

uefa.com

------------------------------------------------

Why wasn't Chiellini called??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
its just a friendly. i think he is just leaving him out to try others cause soon he cant play anymore.

Geof

May 14, 2004
can't the U21 team have like 2 players above 21? I think that's rule for the U23 Olympic squads.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Jacques said:
Geof, is that one of those Swedes who sing Moskau in your avatar?
:agree: Are they Swedes? not sure, but they sure are singing Moskau. That song is the shit. And the clip is the bomb.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think they are Swedes, I know the song a lot, it was the most played song when we used to party at the university days.

Geof

May 14, 2004
oh no. Mistake.

The Guy in my avatar is Louis Hendrik Potgieter, also known as Patrick Bailey (Pretoria, April 4, 1951 – 1996, Cape Town) fronted the German novelty act Dschinghis Khan for the six years of the band's existence. He came from a German Boer family in South Africa. In 1975 he came to Europe, and became a dancer in a theater in Munich, where he was spotted by Ralph Siegel. When Siegel, a prolific author of songs for the Eurovision Song Contest, assembled a group to sing his 1979 entry to the contest, he invited Potgieter to join. The group was named after the song, "Dschinghis Khan".

After the group split up some years later, Potgieter returned to South Africa and became a hotel manager.

He died in 1996 of complications from AIDS.

-------------

May he rest in peace in his Santa Claus suit

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Casiraghi names U-21 squad

Empoli defender Andrea Raggi is the only new face in Pierluigi Casiraghi’s Under-21 squad for next week’s friendly against England.

The tie will take place on March 24 at Wembley Stadium when the two sides will play the first game in the arena since its £760m facelift.

The squad is scheduled to meet up on Tuesday evening at La Borghesiana in Rome and will leave for England on March 22.

All 60,000 tickets available for the friendly were sold out almost immediately and the Coach has called up 21 players for Italy’s last test before the U-21 European Championships in the Netherlands this summer.

The Finals will be held between June 10 to 23 and the five-time champions will face England, Serbia and the Czech Republic in Group B.

Italy squad – Goalkeepers: Curci (Roma), Viviano (Brescia)

Defenders: Andreolli (Inter), Chiellini (Juventus), Coda (Udinese), Criscito (Genoa), Mantovani (Chievo), Potenza (Fiorentina), Raggi (Empoli)

Midfielders: De Martino (Udinese), Lazzari (Piacenza), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Nocerino (Piacenza), Padoin (Vicenza), Paonessa (Vicenza), Rosina (Torino)

Attackers: Lupoli (Derby County), Palladino (Juventus), Pazzini (Fiorentina), Pelle` (Cesena), Rossi (Parma)

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
My team
-----------
Chiellini
Criscito
Andreolli
Potenza
----------------
Rosina
Montolivo
Nocerino
Palladino
-----------------
Rossi/Lupoli
Pazzini

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
My team
-----------
Chiellini
Criscito
Andreolli
Potenza
----------------
Rosina
Montolivo
Nocerino
Palladino
-----------------
Rossi/Lupoli
Pazzini
Looks promising for the future!Wc 2010:eyebrows:

But I think with this formation we will loose like 10-0...
well without a goalie it's very difficult;)Or you just don't like them:)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)