UEFA CL 3rd QR (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
UEFA Champions League 3rd qualifying round draw:

* Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v Inter (ITA)

* Milan (ITA) v FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)

* Barcelona (ESP) v [FK Vardar (MKD) or Legia Warszawa (POL)]

* [FK Vardar (MKD) or Legia Warszawa (POL) ]v Newcastle United (ENG)

* [Hammarby IF (SWE) or FK Partizan (YUG)] v Bayern München (GER)

* Feyenoord (HOL) v Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)

* [Zalaegerszegi TE (HUN) or NK Zagreb (CRO) ] v Man United (ENG)

* [Boavista FC (POR) or Hibernians FC (MLT)] v AJ Auxerre (FRA)

* Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS) v [Sheriff Tiraspol (MOL) or
Grazer (AUT) ]

* Celtic (SCO) v [MٹK Zilina (SVK) or FC Basel (SUI) ]

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Inter vs. Sporting

Of the seven former European Champion Clubs' Cup winners in today's third qualifying round draw, Internazionale FC were handed the most parlous route into the group stages of the UEFA Champions League after being pitted against Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Sporting, the first team out of the hat, were the team all the seeded clubs wanted to avoid after they won their 22nd Portuguese championship last season. The fixture allows for a fascinating contest between two Brazilian strikers: Ronaldo, the leading scorer at the recent FIFA World Cup, and Sporting's prolific marksman Mario Jardel, winner of the European Golden Shoe.

Milan vs. Slovan Liberec

Inter's city rivals Milan AC, second only to reigning champions Real Madrid CF in the all-time winners list, having won the competition on five occasions, also face a tricky two-legged encounter after they were paired with FC Slovan Liberec, the champions of the Czech Republic.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Feyenoord - Fehnerbahçe.....this is going to be very tough for last season's UEFAcup winner! Especially with all the Turks in Holland supporting Fehnerbahçe at their away match!! :mad:

I'll support Feyenoord!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I hope Feyenoord beat Fenerbahce because I don't want Juve to have to travel to Turkey. What are the chances of Juve being drawn with Man U? That would be fantastic! I have a sneaky feeling that Inter are going to get knocked out by Sporting.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    I hope Feyenoord beat Fenerbahce because I don't want Juve to have to travel to Turkey. What are the chances of Juve being drawn with Man U? That would be fantastic! I have a sneaky feeling that Inter are going to get knocked out by Sporting.
    That would be cool.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    I don't mind playing Turks, Chinese, or even Aliens .... bring 'em on :fero: !!!

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Every season it seems that an Italian team always faces a potential banana skin of a tie, while other leading countries seem to have it so easy, look at who Barcelona, Bayern, Man united and Newcastle have to meet

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Already, 2 Italian teams out of 3 are out and Uefa has not even started yet, this is not a good sign with both Perugia and Torino biting the dust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)