[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

vs

Napoli vs Juventus
Monday, November 6th 2006
Stadio San Paolo
20:30 CET

Preview from Juventus.com

Napoli - Juventus: a classic

After their convincing defeat of Brescia, Juventus find themselves face to face with Napoli on match day 10 of the championship, more than two months after their third round TIM Cup tie of the 27th August. Back then the San Paolo was also the host, with the home side sealing victory on penalties after a thrilling 3-3 draw after extra time. A lot had changed since then though, particularly for Juventus. The Bianconeri have welcomed back world-class players like Trezeguet and Camoranesi, and have added strength to their defence in the shape of Boumsong. Moreover, the TIM Cup tie was only the third official match of the Bianconeri’s season. The understanding between the different elements has grown in the interim, as have the fitness levels and the team’s morale, after a string of excellent results which have seen them obtain a comfortable third place in the standings.

Napoli, on the other hand, have found things tougher than expected this season and come into the match on the back of defeat by Albinoleffe. Their qualities, however, are not in doubt, and their line-up must rank as one of the league’s finest. Their attack is first rate, featuring the pairing of Calaiò and Bucchi. The latter is perhaps the team’s most dangerous player, a complete footballer whose prowess in the box strikes fear into the hearts of opposition defences. Operating just behind the attacking duo is De Zerbi who, along with Ricchiuti of Rimini, must be one of the best attacking midfielders in the championship. Dalla Bona and the Uruguayan Bogliacino are the pick of the robust midfield, more adapted to running and tackling than creating chances, but capable of causing problems never the less. Paolo Cannavaro is suspended for Monday night’s clash, which leaves the brunt of responsibilities at the back to Domizzi, a powerful and highly reliable central defender. Besides the quality of their players, Napoli can also count on the hostile atmosphere of the San Paolo, a dreaded destination for any away trip, especially for the big teams who are often faced with sell-out crowds of almost 80 000.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Napoli Vs Juventus

Official games: 137
Juventus wins: 64
Draws: 45
Napoli wins: 28
Juventus goals: 210
Napoli goals: 148

Last Juventus victory: 2-1 - 30.09.2000 - Serie A
Last draw: 3-3 - 27.08.2006 - Coppa Italia
Last Napoli victory: 5-1 - 01.09.1990 - Supercoppa Italiana

Last 10 matches:

18.02.1996 Campionato Napoli-Juventus 0-1
03.11.1996 Campionato Juventus-Napoli 1-1
23.03.1997 Campionato Napoli-Juventus 0-0
09.11.1997 Campionato Napoli-Juventus 1-2
14.03.1998 Campionato Juventus-Napoli 2-2
01.12.1999 Coppa Italia Napoli-Juventus 1-3
16.12.1999 Coppa Italia Juventus-Napoli 1-0
30.09.2000 Campionato Napoli-Juventus 1-2
11.02.2001 Campionato Juventus-Napoli 3-0
27.08.2006 Coppa Italia Napoli-Juventus 3-3

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I wonder what formation will we use, DD will have problems with injuries.

Injury list:

Zebina
Tudor
Piccolo
Boumsong
Kovač
Marchionni
Giannichedda

Zanetti will be back from suspension, Zebina could recover from injury just as Giannichedda , I don´t know what is with Palladino.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
AW .. that's a blow up for our defense .. but it's gonna be ok .. gigi is present :) ..

we have to wait for the medical reports though :)

and nice stats mark thanks ..

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:
you didnt start this thread properly. It was our good luck charm. We are ruined now. :p

Who are you talking to?

I didn´t start the thread.

I agree that the thread has not been started properly.

It should be started by the same man always.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Omair said:
AW .. that's a blow up for our defense .. but it's gonna be ok .. gigi is present :) ..

we have to wait for the medical reports though :)

and nice stats mark thanks ..

:D

Anything for Juventus fans...

Sep 19, 2006
Guys i dont know why u r all worried about our defence! Kovac & Boumsong are not that good anyway! we will win this game by moments of magic by GIGI,Alex,Neddy & Trezy!!!! Napoli were beaten by crappy teams this season so it wont be that hard though i msure against us they will play like this is the final of the WC!!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve per sempre said:
Napoli were beaten by crappy teams this season so it wont be that hard though i msure against us they will play like this is the final of the WC!!

They lost to crappy teams away.

Napoli playing at home is something completely different.

Just remember Coppa Italia.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Juve per sempre said:
Guys i dont know why u r all worried about our defence! Kovac & Boumsong are not that good anyway! we will win this game by moments of magic by GIGI,Alex,Neddy & Trezy!!!! Napoli were beaten by crappy teams this season so it wont be that hard though i msure against us they will play like this is the final of the WC!!
we dont exactly have nesta and canavaro on the bench mate!

If you would look at the stats mark(thanx by the way) you would see that the games between us were mostly close. And they beat us in the coppa last time we met.

They r not an easy team at all especially at their stadium, i just hope kovac & boumsong r alrite cuz i dont really trust legro.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
sateeh said:
we dont exactly have nesta and canavaro on the bench mate!

If you would look at the stats mark(thanx by the way) you would see that the games between us were mostly close. And they beat us in the coppa last time we met.

They r not an easy team at all especially at their stadium, i just hope kovac & boumsong r alrite cuz i dont really trust legro.

:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)