Serie B: Arezzo sack Antonio Conte (1 Viewer)

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct31n.html

Former Juventus star Antonio Conte’s first Coaching job has already ended, as he was fired by Arezzo.

The Serie B club announced the news this evening and appointed ex-Pescara boss Maurizio Sarra.

The ex-midfielder had been hanging in the balance following a dismal start to the Serie B campaign, in which they’d picked up just five draws and four defeats, scoring only two goals and conceding nine.

With a six-point Calciopoli penalty as well, Arezzo now prop up the table on minus one and face an uphill struggle to avoid relegation.

The final straw was Saturday’s 2-0 defeat away to promotion chasers Cesena, but confidence was low in general.

This is shown by the fact that four different players have missed a penalty for Arezzo this season.

It was 37-year-old Conte’s first job on the bench, having begun his Coaching career this summer after 13 years at Juventus.

i think we should bring him to juve to assesst deschamps

what you think

please discuss

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
tough luck indeed, he was there in Arezzo at the roughest time.Point deduction and they r not even scoring the penalties they r getting.

Anyway all the luck to him in the future.

OP
AbuGadanzieri

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    Badass Devil said:
    i think arezzo were a little unlucky whenever i saw them play, but still unlucky conte, perhaps a assist role wud help gain experience b4 taking the dive again

it will be good if he comes back to juve

he was the capitano before del piero

Albertmare

Idea Maker
    Mar 24, 2006
    AbuGadanzieri said:
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct31n.html

Former Juventus star Antonio Conte’s first Coaching job has already ended, as he was fired by Arezzo.

The Serie B club announced the news this evening and appointed ex-Pescara boss Maurizio Sarra.

The ex-midfielder had been hanging in the balance following a dismal start to the Serie B campaign, in which they’d picked up just five draws and four defeats, scoring only two goals and conceding nine.

With a six-point Calciopoli penalty as well, Arezzo now prop up the table on minus one and face an uphill struggle to avoid relegation.

The final straw was Saturday’s 2-0 defeat away to promotion chasers Cesena, but confidence was low in general.

This is shown by the fact that four different players have missed a penalty for Arezzo this season.

It was 37-year-old Conte’s first job on the bench, having begun his Coaching career this summer after 13 years at Juventus.

i think we should bring him to juve to assesst deschamps

what you think

please discuss

this will make him stronger to facing his real future , yeahh . . i would have no surprised if someday he will become our coach .

abu , loved to read thats paragraph on your every single informative posting :D good job :tup:
    PlEASE DISCUSS :pumpkin:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Poor Toni. It's not easy being a coach & they're often the scapegoats & get blamed for the team's faults/lack of effort, especially in Italy. Still, he can look on it as a learning experience.

OP
    AbuGadanzieri

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #12
    albertmare said:
    this will make him stronger to facing his real future , yeahh . . i would have no surprised if someday he will become our coach .

abu , loved to read thats paragraph on your every single informative posting :D good job :tup:
    PlEASE DISCUSS :pumpkin:

thank you my friend

that is my sign

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I m sorry for Conte, but he cant be our problem now.
    He has to acumulate as much exp as possible, if he wont find a club to coach then he could come as an assistant manager but again we dont have Capello or Lippi now, just DD, what can he learn from him?
    I sure that he will find his way...

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Cronios is right.

Captain Conte will probably be our coach in the future, but he needs experience such as being Lippi's second in command at the next job Lippi takes on. After this Conte will be ready to have another go at the helm of a small club, and then we'll see.

Much Love 2 U Antonio Conte, (Captain, my Captain).

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    The Pado said:
    Cronios is right.

Captain Conte will probably be our coach in the future, but he needs experience such as being Lippi's second in command at the next job Lippi takes on. After this Conte will be ready to have another go at the helm of a small club, and then we'll see.

Much Love 2 U Antonio Conte, (Captain, my Captain).
    Cant have said more :cool: . I would certainly like to see Antonio manage big teams at big stage sometime in the future. I always felt as a captain he had similar inspirational qualities like Gianluca Vialli, but I believe Anotonio will probably end being a better coach because unlike his former teammate he used most of what he has to carve something out of his career. Hence, Antonio is better placed to understand the similar worries that us mere mortals might feel.

And as a man of good reputation as he is, I feel he will be more inclined to trust kids and provide that nurture they all need. Anyway I totally agree that Antonio and Lippi should form a tandem. How about Lippi, Antonio, Ferrara team at Napoli? That will be some home coming for the lot. Serie A needs strong Napoli if it is to resurface again.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Arezzo recall Conte

In a bizarre twist, Serie B club Arezzo have recalled Coach Antonio Conte in place of Maurizio Sarri, the man who replaced him four months ago.

The side has never quite recovered from the six-point Calciopoli penalty and continues to prop up the table following this afternoon’s 2-0 defeat at Triestina.

Former Juventus player Conte had been given the sack on November 2, but President Piero Mancini has decided to go back on his actions and offer him another chance.

“We made a mistake in the first half by accepting a very physical clash against a more powerful side,” noted Sarri before he was told of the dismissal.

“Although we had a good penalty shout, overall I have to admit our performance was deficient.”

When Conte was sacked in Week 9, Arezzo were bottom of the table. Although they lifted themselves up to 21st place for a few weeks, they are back in the 22nd berth.

Channel 4

Jul 23, 2006
    Arezzo recall Conte

In a bizarre twist, Serie B club Arezzo have recalled Coach Antonio Conte in place of Maurizio Sarri, the man who replaced him four months ago.

The side has never quite recovered from the six-point Calciopoli penalty and continues to prop up the table following this afternoon’s 2-0 defeat at Triestina.

Former Juventus player Conte had been given the sack on November 2, but President Piero Mancini has decided to go back on his actions and offer him another chance.

“We made a mistake in the first half by accepting a very physical clash against a more powerful side,” noted Sarri before he was told of the dismissal.

“Although we had a good penalty shout, overall I have to admit our performance was deficient.”

When Conte was sacked in Week 9, Arezzo were bottom of the table. Although they lifted themselves up to 21st place for a few weeks, they are back in the 22nd berth.

Channel 4
    What's wrong with the italian league?
    i think this is the 3rd time this season an italian club have fired a coach and later re-hired him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)