Why would Juve want Stijn Stijnen?? (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Club Brugge keeper Stijn Stijnen is unconcerned by reports claiming several clubs will watch him play in Thursday's UEFA Cup tie at Tottenham.

The highly-rated Belgian shot-stopper has been attracting admirers all season with his consistent displays.

The match at White Hart Lane presents a perfect opportunity for Stijnen to impress his Premiership suitors - reportedly Everton and Charlton Athletic.

A number of Italian clubs are also on the 25-year-old's trail, including Internazionale, Juventus and Sampdoria.

"I am happy with the club and the club with me," he commented, when asked about the rumours.

"Apparently, others concern themselves with this but I am not at all fussed with it."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/european-leagues/2006-2007/sport_sto997530.shtml

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
Do you remember him from last year's CL game vs Bruges?

He wasn't the first keeper back then but replaced the injured Butina. In the meantime he's Brugge's first keeper, and the keeper of the NT (as Silvio Proto is injured). He's been doing very very good in both teams. IIRC he's already 24.

There was an article about that on some flemish site. Will look it up.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ok. Here's the flemish article:

From voetbalkrant.com

Afgelopen donderdag waren er in het Jan Breydelstadion veel scouts aanwezig voor de Uefa-bekerwedstrijd tussen Club Brugge en Bayer Leverkusen. Ook scouts van Inter, Udinese en Juventus Turijn waren aanwezig.

De scouts van de Italiaanse clubs hadden oog voor zes spelers, waarvan twee van Club en vier van Bayer Leverkusen. Langs Brugse zijde werden de prestaties van Stijn Stijnen (foto) en Manasseh Ishiaku in het oog gehouden, terwijl bij Leverkusen Juan, Karim Haggui, Fredrik Stenmann en Tranquilo Barnetta op interesse konden rekenen. [AN]
Ok, so there were a lot of scouts in the Brugge-Leverkusen UEFA Cup game. Scouts of Udinese, Inter and Juve were among them.

Six players were watched: Brugge's Stijnen (GK) and Ishiaku (FC really sucks); Leverkusen's Juan, Haggui, Stenmann and Barnetta.

that's all.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
I would say the only one that is interesting for Juve is Tranquillo Barnetta as a replacement for Camo. If juve is interested to buy players from Belgium they should whatch out for anderlecht players like the young defender and the argentinian boy. Thats it. If we have to replace Gigi then lets go with Mirante or its really need then Amelia.

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
If Juventus wants to buy him, he will have no complaints. He is half Italian, and his entire family, including himself are juventinos. His mother had ambigious feelings when her son had to play against Juventus last year in CL. (Nice match btw, i was there :))

Oct 30, 2006
JuvePower said:
If Juventus wants to buy him, he will have no complaints. He is half Italian, and his entire family, including himself are juventinos. His mother had ambigious feelings when her son had to play against Juventus last year in CL. (Nice match btw, i was there :))
correct me if I'm wrong but i thought his father was a Milan supp ??

In studio 1 last sunday he said that he was unlikely to make a move to Juve because his father was a Milan supp ( not serious of course, but the part about his father was correct )

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
trust em guys(hate to see him leave my team) CRAIG GORDON is the most promising keeper i have ever seen, a regular for hearts and scotland and he makes icredible worls class saves. arsenal, munure and boro are all after him now. if gigi leaves i would rather we sold them to juve than the clubs in the chase for him

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Bozi said:
trust em guys(hate to see him leave my team) CRAIG GORDON is the most promising keeper i have ever seen, a regular for hearts and scotland and he makes icredible worls class saves. arsenal, munure and boro are all after him now. if gigi leaves i would rather we sold them to juve than the clubs in the chase for him
I heard about Marshall or somenthing like that who plays in Rangers. I heard he's very talented too.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Was he in nets for last yr's away game vs Brugge? If so, I was impressed by his performance. Still, Mirante is looking very promising as demonstrated in the pre-season, and id much rather give him a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)