Juve - Here comes Simunic (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Acoording to sports.it, Alessio Secco is following Hertha Berlin's strong and tall Croatian DC Josep Simunic.

The transaction is estimated at 4M Euro, but it is unclear if the Germans will agree with letting their DC leave in January.
Meanwhile, the primary target stays Barzagli, and it seems the three parties want the deal to happen, but negociations are difficult ones. Juventus offered 12 Million + Palladino at the end of the summer, which was rejected because it didn't offer time to find a replacement. Palermo seems to be interested in the young Criscito (coproperty Juve-Genoa), who could be included in the deal.

Juve, in arrivo Simunic
18 10 2006
Grazia Neri

Alessio Secco sta per comprare dall'Hertha Berlino il centrale croato Josip Simunic, e continua a trattare col Palermo per Andrea Barzagli.

La programmazione per la prossima stagione, dunque, parte dalla difesa, il reparto che ha maggiore bisogno di rinforzi anche per ammissione del tecnico Didier Deschamps. L'obiettivo numero uno resta Andrea Barzagli, per il quale prosegue la trattativa con Zamparini, ma intanto il ds Alessio Secco sta perfezionando l'acquisto di un altro difensore; si tratta di Josip Simunic, 28enne nato in Australia ma con passaporto croato, già seguito lo scorso anno da Sampdoria e Milan.

Simunic è un centrale molto dotato sul piano fisico, un autentico gigante di un metro e novantotto, fortissimo nel gioco aereo ma tutt'altro che disprezzabile tecnicamente, tanto che all'Hertha Berlino viene spesso impiegato anche da esterno. Il costo del cartellino si aggira sui 4 milioni, la Juve è pronta ad offrirgli un contratto fino al 2010 a un milione a stagione. Per la tempistica tutto dipenderà dalla disponibilità del club tedesco a lasciarlo partire già a gennaio piuttoasto che il prossimo giugno.

Per quanto concerne Barzagli, Secco è in costante contatto con Zamparini. In estate l'offerta bianconera (12 milioni più Palladino) era stata declinata non per principio, ma semplicemente perchè giunta nelle ultime ore di mercato, circostanza che avrebbe impedito ai rosanero di trovare una valida alternativa per Guidolin. Per l'anno prossimo se ne può parlare con molta più calma, ed il Palermo ha già fatto capire che radirebbe fosse inserito nella trattativa Domenico Criscito, 19enne centrale difensivo in forza al Genoa (in comproprietà con la Juve) che sta facendo ottime cose in maglia rossoblù.

L'impressione è che tutti i protagonisti, Juventus, Palermo e Barzagli, vogliano la stessa cosa, quindi c'è solo da trovare l'accordo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Simunic would be good short term solution, defo an upgrade to Boumsong. Barzagli could be a star defender for the next ten years with us!

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

ok, i may have over-reacted a little. yes, as a short term solution for squad rotation ok, he'd do good.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    the Australian born turned Croatian Hot head! Famous for his 3 yellow cards v Australia at World Cup. His solid but can b quite eratic and be found out quite often! Does not suit the Juventus menality. Juve should b looking for young talent not wasting there time on short term soulutions when the fact is we have only conceded 2 goals! I am not saying we dont need a defender lets look to future and that future has no room for this hack and his mentality!

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

best way to describe our joey here is unpredictable. he can be solid 89minutes than do something which will turn the whole game around. simply unpredictable, and we don't need that alongside boumsong.

curi83

Aug 9, 2006
    Hmm im not sure why we have to buy Simunic...Ok for a rotation in the Team ok why not but if both-Simunic and Barzagli will join us then we will close all the doors to the various Criscito and Masiello. If Barzagli will join Juve Criscito will go to Palermo. But i dont think that Barzagli and Boumsong or Kovac or Simunic are good enough to build a good defense. If we get Barzagli we have to buy another defender that is aproven. Like perhaps Givet. And i will say another thing: Kompany or Senderos are way way way better then Boumsong and Simunic together. Why we dont spend our money to get them ? They will be a little bit expensiver but they will be togehter with Barzagli our Future. And with Simunic the Croatian Fraction will increase more ;-)

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    could be a fairly decent short term solution. Although i think we should go for someone who is more solid, when thinking about the short term. Also 4M is a extensive for him.

although we should think about the future, we will also need players like Simunic to give us a decent rotation/backup option(especially in the future)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

ok, i'm gonna go a little in defense of simunic, well not me exactly but the croatian new coach, slaven bilic, whom i regarded as one of the best true sweepers of the game. he said something interesting about joey, he said simunic has all the qualities to be regarded as one of the best cb's in the world, on par with cannavaro or terry, and that he would defend that statement in front of his mentor marcello lippi. now we all know that's a little over the top, but perhaps there is something in simunic we obviously don't see. i don't know for you but i hold bilic in high regard and if he is so confident about simunic i'd take a chance on him. he's no worse than legro or boumsong if nothing else.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13

He's 28.
    1m95 for 89kg

Was born in Australia (Canberra) but holds a Croatian passport.

Played for Melbourne Knights, then moved to Hamburg SV in the 97-98 winter mercato.
    In the summer of 2000 he moved to Hertha Berlin. He apparently signed a new contract in May of last year, until 2011.

Anyway we'll have to wait for the CONI verdict, and evaluate our position by new year. If promotion is realistic by then we'll probably attract SerieA level players. If not, we'll stick to short term investments I fear.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Turk_Bianconero said:
    is there any info about him

his age?
    28 years old, born in australia, has bosnian-croatian roots. plays centre-back, over 190cm tall. a very tough defender, sometimes unpredictable though. currently plays for hertha bsc in bundesliga. aslo plays for the croatian nt.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    vlatko said:
    ok, i'm gonna go a little in defense of simunic, well not me exactly but the croatian new coach, slaven bilic, whom i regarded as one of the best true sweepers of the game. he said something interesting about joey, he said simunic has all the qualities to be regarded as one of the best cb's in the world, on par with cannavaro or terry, and that he would defend that statement in front of his mentor marcello lippi. now we all know that's a little over the top, but perhaps there is something in simunic we obviously don't see. i don't know for you but i hold bilic in high regard and if he is so confident about simunic i'd take a chance on him. he's no worse than legro or boumsong if nothing else.
    well hes 28, and thats a very good thing. I remember when we were going for Kovac, we didnt think that highly of him.But he did so well last season and continuing to play well.

Joseph is younger than kovac.And mybe he could surprise us, and like you said he cant be worse than legro or Boumsong(although hes been improving to his credit)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

with the position we're in, he's worth a gamble for sure. though if we were in serie a, i'd really put my head through the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)