Cassani rejected Juve move (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
New Palermo defender Mattia Cassani has revealed that he snubbed the chance to join Juventus in favour of signing for the Rosanero.

The youngster has been a revelation for the Sicilians since his summer switch from Verona and insists he’s made the right move.

I’m very happy that I came here,” he told the club’s website. “I preferred to join Palermo rather than Juventus.”

Cassani actually started his career at Juventus before moving to Sampdoria for six months in January 2003 and then accepting a transfer to the Stadio Bentegodi.

“We’ve had a great start to the season, but we need to keep our feet on the ground,” added the Italian when asked about Palermo’s surge to the top of the table.

“We need to take one step at a time and just think about this season on a weekly basis with the same humility as we have shown so far.”

The enthusiasm in Sicily is unsurprisingly sky high and Cassani, with Juventus in Serie B, knows that this could be a term to remember for the Barbera boys.

“We have a great opportunity to achieve something important this season,” he added. “We can’t let this chance slip us by.”

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 3, 2004
He may be a talented player, but there 1000s of other players out there who can play well in defense.

So it's not like a great loss a-la-Maresca/Miccoli/Gasba/Moretti and several others....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Philipp00 said:
Never heard of him. Maybe he just went to palermo because he is not good enough for juventus and knows that.
Never heard of him either. I doubt he had the ability/skills to make Juve's first team & what would be the point of Juve carrying extra baggage like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)