Johann Vonlanthen to Juventus ? (1 Viewer)

boekhorst

May 29, 2006
Juve eye Swiss youngster
Tuesday 26 September, 2006
Juventus are reportedly lining up a move for Swiss striker Johann Vonlanthen, who is keen on a return to Italy after his short spell with Brescia in 2005.

The youngster currently plays for Red Bull Salzburg under Coach Giovanni Trapattoni, but reports suggest that he could be heading to Turin.

The Colombia-born player, who moved to Switzerland at the age of 12, has been often dubbed as the new Antonio Cassano.

The 20-year-old is a nippy striker and looked impressive during a spell with PSV Eindhoven between 2003 and 2005, but was also involved in several heated rows with his teammates, opponents and referees.

He also attracted everyone’s attention during Euro 2004, becoming the youngest player to score in the history of the European Championships, netting a goal against France.

“The move to Brescia in February 2005 was a real birthday present,” said Vonlanthen recently.

“It was a great opportunity for me to play in such an important championship.

“I played nine matches and I can say that I am satisfied of my Italian experience, I hope one day I will have the chance to return.”

In the meantime, the Lega Calcio seem set to postpone Brescia’s Serie B match against Juventus, originally scheduled for October 8.

The Bianconeri had asked for the game to be moved as many of their players will be called-up by their respective national teams.

Lega chief Antonio Matarrese is expected to move the match to either October 18 or October 31.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Juventus are reportedly lining up a move striker

striker looked impressive during a spell with a Dutch top-table team, but was also involved in several heated rows with his teammates, opponents and referees.

He also attracted everyone’s attention during Euro 2004, netting a goal

Some cut and paste, and voilà, deja vù. :D

Jul 23, 2006
Philipp00 said:
he is good but I doubt that he is good enough for Juventus. He plays now in salzburg and he is not even a star in austria.
hes playing under trapattoni as an attacker
i do like trap, but not even the best attacker would shine with him bein the coach:D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I dn't think he is a ood enough striker for us, if he wasn't good enough fro PSV, I can't imagine him being good enough for us (with all due respect to PSV)

OP
boekhorst

boekhorst

May 29, 2006
  • Thread Starter #11
    i think he is young and talented too, maybe if juventus failed to approach huntelaar he can be an option ... but i guess he isn't enough to become juventus striker

juventus striker must be tall, high skill, and great finishing right ?? :D :D :D :D

Nikolaus

Aug 27, 2006
    Philipp00 said:
    he is good but I doubt that he is good enough for Juventus. He plays now in salzburg and he is not even a star in austria.
    yeah right and as far as i know vonlanthen isn't even in the starting formation most of the time. he is talented, no question, but no way he could be a replacement for trez.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    new Cassano lol, talk about random comparison.

Vonlanthen scored against France at Euro2004, he was 18 and he holds the record for youngest scorer ever in the competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)