Page 620 of 620 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620
Results 12,381 to 12,390 of 12390

Cash
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Chiellini: ‘My last Italy game’
    By Football Italia staff

Giorgio Chiellini confirmed his Italy retirement, complimented Sweden on their World Cup qualification and called this exit “Zero Hour” for the Azzurri.

The 0-0 draw at San Siro was not enough to overturn the 1-0 first leg defeat to Sweden, so the Nazionale miss their first World Cup since 1958.

“At the end of the day it was deserved. I am not someone who clings to good luck or the referee, we compliment Sweden. We gave everything we had, but evidently at this moment it was not enough and they deserved it more than we did,” the Juventus defender told Rai Sport.

“We must resume from the love shown to us from Milan, but also the whole nation. We were truly proud of everything around us and therefore even more disappointed not to get the result.

“We have many young lads who over the next few years will need this same love and support. It’s a long road ahead and after a fall like this there is much work to be done.

“Over the last three years or so we have asked for this love to never leave the Nazionale. Italy will begin again from Marco Verratti and many other lads born in the 1990s who will be mature for the next Euros, which fortunately we’ll have some games at home.

“I am certain that if what we saw tonight can be built on, it will be seen as a Zero Hour. Italy hadn’t missed the World Cup in 60 years, so clearly it is a sea change. Football belongs to everyone and we all want to create a new era.”

Unfortunately his Azzurri career was not the greatest. I'll always remember his horrible performance in the 2012 final, when he was clearly injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Unfortunately his Azzurri career was not the greatest. I'll always remember his horrible performance in the 2012 final, when he was clearly injured.
    His 2008 performance against Spain was glorious.

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I'd rather say that the Italy of 2007-2017 hasn't been the greatest, Chiellini served well and was constantly one of the leaders.
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Chiellini's strengths and weaknesses are there to see. Maybe having a more rounded defender back there would be beneficial in the long run but you won't find a better fighter back there. Caldara will most likely take that role but he is more of a modern defender.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    I felt sorry for him, he wanted this as much as Gigi, he even tried to attack several times running back and forth like crazy, and then you see someone like Darmian who can't pass or cross from his neutral position and you know how $#@!ed up things are.
    Asif mon bebe..
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
    For 3 years I have wondered why my friends kept calling Allegri for Augustus. I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about it. I've been sitting at my desk for hours every week trying to figure it out, coming up with calculations and formulas that weren't correct. Then it hit me, the answer was right in front me all time but I didn't notice it. Augustus was the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire, owning almost all of europe. People loved him. People feared him. It's the same with Allegri, although we know him better as Euromaxx. Allegri, greatest coach in the world at the moment, people love him. People fear him. We need to understand that. Allegri 4 life

And why my female friend keep calling Allegri for Peter North I dont need to figure out.

290, 290, 290, 290, 290... +24
    Honor, Sacrifice, Loyalty

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri7 View Post
    I felt sorry for him, he wanted this as much as Gigi, he even tried to attack several times running back and forth like crazy, and then you see someone like Darmian who can't pass or cross from his neutral position and you know how $#@!ed up things are.
    Had the exact same impression, he kept pushing and even on a yellow was still tackling 'inch perfect' to recover the ball and help the team in atack, he was a beast last night and when i think about his contribution in general for Italy he has always been a solid rock at the back... Chiellini along with Buffon are the last players that people should point fingers at, they gave it everything for the azzuri!

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    “With all due respect to the other teams, if a team like Juventus really wants to get three points, it’ll get the three points."

“We all have to want it from the first to the 90th minute, those on the field and on the bench.”

“On paper, our squad has vastly more quality, strength and depth than most of the other teams.

“It’s in theory difficult for us to drop many points this season and yet we are dropping them left, right and centre.”
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    What a load of bull$#@! from Chiellini today! This is exactly why we are dropping points.
    Ban Cronios

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1797 Post(s)
    didnt he also hold a speech about italian DNA before Sweden kicked them out? he better shut his mouth and perform on the pitch instead
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    It's hard to perform when presented with an incredible handicap. He goes from prime Barza, Bonbon, Alves, Buffon, and in form Sandro to being surrounded by a cripple, a has been, and a lamp post.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!