13 Canada 69.11
14 Romania 67.31
15 USA 66.55
16 Tonga 66.04
17 Georgia 65.56
18 Uruguay 65.35
19 Russia 64.54
20 Japan 63.05

Some interesting rankings as I would never have thought Ireland could overhaul England.

3rd & 4th spot will be contested for on saturday.South Africa vs Australia.
The wallabies have not beaten RSA in 6 years so it should make it interesting.:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
As in Football, world rankings mean didly squat.

However Ireland have beaten England three times in the last three years.

All this makes for a great world cup next year.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ok not a big fan of rugby, nor american football so...who can tell me the basic differences? or is the fact that in american football they wear 20kg of equipment, the only difference. :D

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    vlatko said:
    ok not a big fan of rugby, nor american football so...who can tell me the basic differences? or is the fact that in american football they wear 20kg of equipment, the only difference. :D
    Firstly american football originated from Rugby.

Rubgy does not allow the ball to be carried forward as to american football.In rugby once a player has been tackled play is continued & not stopped as in american football.Basically ball tactics are different.

There is no blocking alllowed of none ball carriers & only one refferee.Not sure if american football does this but in rugby there is a "time out" called the sin bin.So if a player is reckless he can be yellow carded & sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes.No player is allowed to take his place & the opposing team will have a numerical advantage.

In short Rugby is safer & more of a manly game & those american footballers are wannabe rugby players.:D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

aye, it always seemed that rugby was more manly. :D
    thanks for the info B, things clearer now.

Sep 28, 2002
    Byrone said:
    In short Rugby is safer & more of a manly game & those american footballers are wannabe rugby players.:D
    just wait till sergio sees this :D

btw, is the yellow card quite recent? i used to play rugby as a kid some 10 years ago, never saw a player yellowcarded... i quit after i got knocked out when tackling someone. the game didnt seem so fun after that :D

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    It is! The best is when they start busting each other up,although the most brutal of rugby is australian rules rugby.Real brutal stuff & its damn entertaining.

Personally rugby sevens is much more exciting & entertaining as to normal rugby.The only difference is that its played with 7 players as to 15 players.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    Fliakis said:
    just wait till sergio sees this :D
    Let him say whatever he wants,every rugby fan will confirm that rugby is far more complex & tougher than american football.

Fliakis said:
    btw, is the yellow card quite recent? i used to play rugby as a kid some 10 years ago, never saw a player yellowcarded... i quit after i got knocked out when tackling someone. the game didnt seem so fun after that :D

Yeah it is.I got knocked out way tooo much during my high school days & the most dangerous is when ur in a scrum.:D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Let him say whatever he wants,every rugby fan will confirm that rugby is far more complex & tougher than american football.
    :agree:

anyway i dont like the wallabies, i like ur mob the springbox more...also like the way the kiwis play.
    cant say i follow it but i dont mind watching it from time to time.A good rugby game is always apprecieted :tup:

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    Thx Sateeh unfortunately it hurts me to admit it but autralia & new zealand are just way to good for our bok squad at the mo.

Its gonna be an exciting time once the rugby world cup kicks off.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    N.Z are way infornt tho australia are a quality unit wen 100% as u all know when WC comes around the aussies will b around the mark once again!

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Alfio_87 said:
    N.Z are way infornt tho australia are a quality unit wen 100% as u all know when WC comes around the aussies will b around the mark once again!
    right about that...although the results arent the best but i think hes doing a good job

but i still fancy the kiwis for the WC

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    sateeh said:
    right about that...although the results arent the best but i think hes doing a good job

but i still fancy the kiwis for the WC

Some dejavu there Sateeh? Sounds like the brazil prediction for every wc.Lets make it entertaining & let RSA win it.:D

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Byrone said:
    Some dejavu there Sateeh? Sounds like the brazil prediction for every wc.Lets make it entertaining & let RSA win it.:D
    :D
    yeah wouldnt mind the springbox but they will need to step up and that could happen. I dont want the poms to win it though(no offence to the english folks here)

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    sateeh said:
    :D
    yeah wouldnt mind the springbox but they will need to step up and that could happen. I dont want the poms to win it though(no offence to the english folks here)
    Oh i completely agree,id much rather have usa win it ffs!:D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    This happened in the Super League Grand Final, which is basically the northern hemisphere's rugby league version of the Champions League final:

Northern monkeys :rolleyes:

108kg prop vs 86kg back.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu dead at 40

The rugby world is in mourning following the tragic death of All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu. The former New Zealand winger, the star of the 1995 World Cup, was 40. The All Blacks team doctor said it was an unexpected death, according to a report from New Zealand television station 3News. Lomu played 63 Tests for the All Blacks, scoring 37 tries in a glittering career cut short by kidney disease. NZR chief executive Steve Tew: "We're all shocked and deeply saddened at the sudden death of Jonah Lomu. We're lost for words and our heartfelt sympathies go out to Jonah's family. Jonah was a legend of our game and loved by his many fans both here and around the world."

Lomu battled kidney disorders since the end of 1995 when he was diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome. He had a kidney transplant in 2004. He had health setbacks since then and had been receiving dialysis treatments during his recent visit to Britain where he was involved in promotional work during the Rugby World Cup. Lomu and his family had transferred to Dubai where they were holidaying on their way back to New Zealand. He tweeted from there two days ago.

When rugby became more professional in the late 90s, he became the sport's first millionaire. Lomu shot to stardom at the 1995 Rugby World Cup; he scored 7 tries in that tournament. He had earlier become the youngest player to debut for New Zealand at the age of 19 years and 45 days and went on to play the 1999 World Cup as well and is the joint record WC try-scorer with South African wing Bryan Habana. Despite his size, Lomu could run 100 metres in 10.8 seconds and changed the position and expectation of a rugby winger forever.

Lomu's last word on his Facebook page was on Saturday, a sympathetic tribute to the people of Paris. Lomu posted to his nearly 20,000 followers: "Our Hearts go out to the people of Paris Sois fort my friends. From the lomu family ."

===========================

:( What a shame. He seemed to be dealing with his illness. Top guy as well, apparently.

I remember at school everyone wanting to be Lomu when we were doing rugby practise, he drew a lot of interest in rugby, more than any other player. This was an 18-19 stone guy who could run 100m in 10.7 seconds.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

What a monster, almost impossible to stop in the 90s, and he'd still be fantastic in the modern era. He was the prototype for all the big wingers you see in the game now like Julian Savea, George North, Ma'a Nonu and many more. Back then wingers were slightly smaller and elusive guys, none of them could tackle him. But he could also power through most of the midfield and forwards as well, just a machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)