Arezzo risk Serie C drop (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Federal Prosecutor Stefano Palazzi has asked for Arezzo to be demoted into Serie C with a three-point deduction, for their alleged involvement in the match-fixing scandal.

Day two of the trial following the second wave of the Calciopoli investigations saw Palazzi listen to the Tuscan club’s defence and then put forward his requests to the judges.

Arezzo are under investigation with regard to their match with Salernitana in the 2004-05 Serie B season.

A telephone conversation between former FIGC official Gennaro Mazzei and linesman Stefano Titomanlio mentioned “holding back” Salernitana, thus causing Arezzo’s indictment.

Palazzi believes that Titomanlio’s behaviour was evidently intended to favour Arezzo, although no evidence was found that there were any club officials directly involved.

Palazzi asked for a five-year ban for both Mazzei and Titomanlio, judging their conduct even more serious in consideration of the categories they represented.

A three-month ban was also requested for former Milan referees’ liaison Leonardo Meani, accused of failing to report an alleged irregularity to the authorities. As a result, the Rossoneri risk a 10,000 Euro fine.

Arezzo President Piero Mancini labelled the request for his outfit to be demoted to Serie B as too severe.

“I don’t understand how Palazzi can ask for Arezzo to be demoted to Serie C,” noted Mancini this afternoon.

“There is no consistency with the requests made in the previous trial only 20 days ago,” he added.

“I don’t understand what kind of parameters were used by Palazzi, but I trust the judges and remain confident.”

On Sunday, Palazzi had also asked for Reggina to be demoted into Serie B, with a 15-point deduction, for their alleged involvement in the ‘fixing’ of three games in the 2004-05 season played against Atalanta, Sampdoria and Palermo.

what is it with palazzi and serie C? he asked the same for juve and reggina, why didnt he ask the same for the other teams involved.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
m_elayyan said:
what is the problem with the Federal Prosecutor Stefano Palazzi , he dont have anything else to do
So I guess when you kill someone, it's the court's fault that you're sent to prison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)