Nike stay as Juventus sponsor (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
MILAN, Aug 3 (Reuters) - U.S. sportswear group Nike will still sponsor Juventus despite the club being demoted to Italian football's second division, a Nike spokesman said on Thursday.

Juventus' main sponsors -- Nike and Libya's Tamoil -- have been expected to renegotiate their contracts with the club after it was relegated for seeking an unfair advantage in the appointment of referees.

"We sponsor and we will continue to sponsor Juventus," the spokesman said. Nike has a 12-year sponsorship contract, for 12 million euros ($15.36 million) a year, which started in 2003.

However, the spokesman declined to comment on whether the terms would be renegotiated. Tamoil has not commented on its deal with Juventus.

At 0956 GMT, shares in Juventus were up 7.8 percent at 1.82 euros. The stock has been extremely volatile, and shares have lost about one-fifth of their value since the scandal broke, recovering slightly over the past weeks.

Juventus potentially faces years of financial problems, with sponsorship income, television rights deals and ticket sales hit by the scandal over rigged matches.

Reuters

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
ReBeL said:
MILAN, Aug 3 (Reuters) - U.S. sportswear group Nike will still sponsor Juventus despite the club being demoted to Italian football's second division, a Nike spokesman said on Thursday.

Juventus' main sponsors -- Nike and Libya's Tamoil -- have been expected to renegotiate their contracts with the club after it was relegated for seeking an unfair advantage in the appointment of referees.

"We sponsor and we will continue to sponsor Juventus," the spokesman said. Nike has a 12-year sponsorship contract, for 12 million euros ($15.36 million) a year, which started in 2003.

However, the spokesman declined to comment on whether the terms would be renegotiated. Tamoil has not commented on its deal with Juventus.

At 0956 GMT, shares in Juventus were up 7.8 percent at 1.82 euros. The stock has been extremely volatile, and shares have lost about one-fifth of their value since the scandal broke, recovering slightly over the past weeks.
Juventus potentially faces years of financial problems, with sponsorship income, television rights deals and ticket sales hit by the scandal over rigged matches.

Reuters
Can somebody explain the red part because I'm outsider when it comes to economical references.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    giovanotti said:
    Can somebody explain the red part because I'm outsider when it comes to economical references.
    Since the scandal started, Juve's share price has lost 20% of its value because many shareholders were afraid that players, sponsors and even fans will leave the club...

Now, after Nike confirmed its staying with Juve, the shares started to regain its original value...

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ReBeL said:
    Since the scandal started, Juve's share price has lost 20% of its value because many shareholders were afraid that players, sponsors and even fans will leave the club...

Now, after Nike confirmed its staying with Juve, the shares started to regain its original value...
    Thanks again,mate.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Nike's has a long term contract with us and they are obviously betting on the fact we will be back in Europe in couple of years time.:agree:
    Beside, Juve should sell more replica jersey this year than last year considering the circumstances, and Nike, I presume, will make more profits!:shocked: .
    I was worried initially that sponsors might desert us for they would not want to be associated with the dirty image Juve might have for next couple of years, but I am proud of the new management team's effort to clean up our image, and the way fans stood behind the team.:pint:.
    Obviously lack of European exposure, and subsequent CL revenue hurts big time, but I think we may in retrospect see this as a minor setback.
    The key now is actually assembling a team that is worty of Juve brand with a good mix of local talent and foreign stars.
    In many ways, as we have so many talented Italian youngsters in our ranks, by the time we reach CL, the change of rule may benefit us substantially more than other teams. One more reason why we should give run out to youngsters like Masiello and Palladino than keep Trezeguet Zebina or Legro.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Jun-hide said:
    Nike's has a long term contract with us and they are obviously betting on the fact we will be back in Europe in couple of years time.:agree:
    Beside, Juve should sell more replica jersey this year than last year considering the circumstances, and Nike, I presume, will make more profits!:shocked: .
    I was worried initially that sponsors might desert us for they would not want to be associated with the dirty image Juve might have for next couple of years, but I am proud of the new management team's effort to clean up our image, and the way fans stood behind the team.:pint:.
    Obviously lack of European exposure, and subsequent CL revenue hurts big time, but I think we may in retrospect see this as a minor setback.
    The key now is actually assembling a team that is worty of Juve brand with a good mix of local talent and foreign stars.
    In many ways, as we have so many talented Italian youngsters in our ranks, by the time we reach CL, the change of rule may benefit us substantially more than other teams. One more reason why we should give run out to youngsters like Masiello and Palladino than keep Trezeguet Zebina or Legro.
    not to metion that the new top is by far the best top juve ahve had in years, it is no longer amde of space age fabric and feels like a real football top, the collar makes it look like areal football top again and with the current circumstances many fellow fans are going to buy it to show their loyalty to the club

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
    Nike would never make a wrong move by dumping a huge fan based club such as Juve even if we were regulated to Serie C2. they think of the long run, we have a huge possibility to be in Europe as soon as next season by winning the italian cup as it's our best shot, considering that other italian giant are concerned on winning a CL spot.

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    12 million euros per year not a bad deal but we should be more greedy than that the amount of money doesnt match the status of the club. moggi should have asked for 20m.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
    giovanotti said:
    extremely volatile= the price is moving up and down in a very aggressive way , in a tight time frame (intraday usually)

the shares of any company (club) usually get effected by the economical situation of the company itself and the general situations (disasters, wars etc) so when the company is doing well there shares price went up as the investors beleive that they will make a profit out of it in a short, mid on long terms and vice versa.

in Juves situation k the investors beleive that the club will just do fine specially after hearing a good news like the one we have now.

juve shares lost about 20% of its previous values (before the scandal) and now they gained about 7.8% increase in the price which means the lost is less now to 12.2% instead of 20%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)