Will Gentile be a part of new Juve?? (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Legendary defender Claudio Gentile has conceded that he doesn’t know whether his reign as Italian Under-21 boss has come to an end.

The tactician’s contract with the outfit expired last month and he has yet to be informed whether he will keep his job or if the FIGC have decided to look elsewhere.

“I’m waiting for a call from someone to inform me of something,” said the 1982 World Cup winner. “The Federation have told me to wait and I’m waiting.”

It’s understood that the FIGC are pondering their options and commissioner Guido Rossi has intimated that Gentile will be axed.

“He is still the Under-21 boss, but we have yet to examine the situation,” said Rossi. “When we have done then we will let you know in full transparency.”

After appointing Roberto Donadoni as full boss this week, the Federation are also considering a change to the Azzurrini staff.

Milan assistant Mauro Tassotti, former Juventus stopper Ciro Ferrara and Inter legend Beppe Bergomi are all being linked with the role.

Should Gentile, who was rumoured to be in line to replace Marcello Lippi, not keep his job then the Libyan-born stopper could join former club Juventus in some capacity.

Gentile has been Under-21 boss since replacing Marco Tardelli and he’s won a European Championship and an Olympic Bronze medal during his stint at the helm.

Channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)