What are the chances US soccer gets Klinnsman? (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2006
I have been following this since the end of the cup. Jurgen lives in Southern California, just 20 or so miles from where the US team was practicing. He has visited practices when Arena was coach.

Arena's contract runs out in January and Klinnsman has said he wanted to take 6 months off.

I know he said he had no interest in the American job, but I think that was more to make him resigning from the German team a less harsh blow.

I think the chances are good, he'll be around 45 when the next world cup comes around and could have a very dangerous team if its well coached.

I would like to see this happen, since the US team is one of my favorites (for obvious reasons).

:toast:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the chances are extremely high. Why?

1. Klinsmann's family are expats from Germany living in SoCal. Do you think that they'd want to move back once they've managed to make a life for themselves there? Not to dis Germany at all, but if I had my choice of a beach house, sunshine, and supermodels or rain in Hamburg, guess where I'm going?

2. Arena is on his way out, and the US needs a credible replacement.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
It would be real interesting to see jurgen coaching the usa, i can already here the us fans saying that there going to win the world cup in 2010 if he takes job :frown:

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    malducato1 said:
    It would be real interesting to see jurgen coaching the usa, i can already here the us fans saying that there going to win the world cup in 2010 if he takes job :frown:
    lol. I wouldn't go that far, but a tournament more like 2002 would be welcomed.

An easier group would be nice as well. :)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    swag said:
    I think the chances are extremely high. Why?

1. Klinsmann's family are expats from Germany living in SoCal. Do you think that they'd want to move back once they've managed to make a life for themselves there? Not to dis Germany at all, but if I had my choice of a beach house, sunshine, and supermodels or rain in Hamburg, guess where I'm going?

Not to mention, a hyphy playa like klinsman requires one krazy environment that's straight goin' dumb. Nowhere could satisfy his needs better than The Bay in Caliscrewya.

:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The United States Soccer Federation will not renew Arena's contract, so we will undoubtedly need a new coach. I still have some doubts over whether Klinsmann would accept such a role at this stage in his career, however it would make perfect sense with his connections to California. Afterall, the USSF Headquaters is located in said State..

But Klinsmann would provide us with the fresh, youthful mentality our country needs to advance in this sport. We need to find a "soccer identity" because all great nations have them...I foresee our identity being a quick, hard-working attacking side led by the likes of Dempsey and Convey into the future. Give Klinsmann the job.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Andy said:
    The United States Soccer Federation will not renew Arena's contract, so we will undoubtedly need a new coach. I still have some doubts over whether Klinsmann would accept such a role at this stage in his career, however it would make perfect sense with his connections to California. Afterall, the USSF Headquaters is located in said State..

But Klinsmann would provide us with the fresh, youthful mentality our country needs to advance in this sport. We need to find a "soccer identity" because all great nations have them...I foresee our identity being a quick, hard-working attacking side led by the likes of Dempsey and Convey into the future. Give Klinsmann the job.
    It is? I thought it was on Prairie Street at 18th St., near where the old Marshall Field mansion once stood, just south of downtown Chicago. :confused:

Even so, despite Klinsmann's lack of experience, I think he could add a lot to the U.S. game. :tup:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    He will come if we build him a golden/marble palace and make him a sultan.

It would be pretty cool if he took over, though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    swag said:
    It is? I thought it was on Prairie Street at 18th St., near where the old Marshall Field mansion once stood, just south of downtown Chicago. :confused:

Even so, despite Klinsmann's lack of experience, I think he could add a lot to the U.S. game. :tup:
    You're right, Greg. I meant to say training headquarters, which I think are located in Southern California.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Andy said:
    You're right, Greg. I meant to say training headquarters, which I think are located in Southern California.

I'm pretty sure they are. My dad said he was watching the team practice while he attended some fitness course thing in the home depot center.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    he would be very good for that US job,and i think the media wont hassle him as the german media did.

Just like Andy said, the US team needs an identity and Klinsi would give the team the required one.

Whether he would want to coach a national team now or not is the question

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Probably the best thing that could happen to the American team right now. IIRC he's taking a six month break from football, but it would surprise me if he chose not to coach the US afterwards.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well, the man already made a bunch of friends while trying out for the UCLA team or whatever college that was. Klinsmann tried out for the team despite a bunch of college players making fun of him, but as soon as he stepped on the pitch he obviously owned those pricks. Man I wish I was on that team of college students just so I could have warned them..

Apr 12, 2004
    Andy said:
    Well, the man already made a bunch of friends while trying out for the UCLA team or whatever college that was. Klinsmann tried out for the team despite a bunch of college players making fun of him, but as soon as he stepped on the pitch he obviously owned those pricks. Man I wish I was on that team of college students just so I could have warned them..

I think that was UC Santa Cruz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)