Donadoni new c.t. azzurro (1 Viewer)

OP
Espectro

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Best of luck to him, I think he could do a great job, it will be interesting to see the NT that he will have to built given all the players that will leave the NT for age matters.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    But if Donadoni earns the faith of his players, which I fully expect him to do, and support from management, officials, and fans based on performance, I think it's still Donadoni's job to lose before the next WC.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Donadoni named Italy boss
    Thursday 13 July, 2006
    Roberto Donadoni is the new Coach of world champions Italy after the departure of boss Marcello Lippi last night.

The 1990 and 1994 World Cup player was in pole position to succeed the Viareggino and he’s been confirmed in the role this evening.

Donadoni, born in 1963, started his playing career at Atalanta before a highly successful move to Milan where he became one of Italy’s best ever wide-midfielders.

The Bergamo-born ace, who also enjoyed a spell in the MLS with New York Metrostars, took up coaching in 2001-02 when he was named as Lecco boss.

His impressive spell with the minnows saw him win the Livorno job where he caught the eye and subsequently joined Genoa.

However, his Marassi stint lasted for just three games as he was quickly sacked by fiery President Enrico Preziosi.

Donadoni returned to Livorno during the 2004-05 campaign where he kept the Amaranto in Serie A after their struggles under axed tactician Franco Colomba.

Yet he left the Tuscan outfit in sensational circumstances last term when despite being as high as sixth in the table, he quit after being publicly criticised by chief Aldo Spinelli.

Donadoni is thought to have signed a two-year contract, even if that has yet to be confirmed, and will be presented to the media on Tuesday in Rome.

Source: Football Italia

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i was expecting gentile to get the job,so im surprised that donadoni got the job.

btw,whats with the 'hire former national stars with little or no coaching experience for the natioanl team' trend these days?

romario might get the brazilian job now:p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Maybe the logic these days for NT coaches is less experience = less skill at screwing things up. ;) (Boy does Capello come to mind on that one...)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    god not donadoni, the man who caused the paranoia of italy missing penalties, i dont think he will succeed, despite the fact he hasnt coached milan he's still a milanista and like sacchi and c. maldini, i cant see him succeeding, tho i know sacchi got us to the 94 wc, we came only 2nd. personally i wud of given it to gentile, i rate him highly as a coach and at this period of transistion, he wud know the players best.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    dp fans start preparing for the worst, unless dp himself decides to retire from national football.

And if juve goes to serie c, then no way dp gets called anyway :p

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Forza Azzurri!!!I hope for some new victories.

By the way,Lippi had 25 games without a lost before resigned.
    No coach can reach that record.

Here is the pic of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)