Klinsmann Quits (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Klinsmann calls time on Germany
By James Pearson | Wednesday 12th JulyPrint this pageEmail page
WORLD CUP PODCASTS
Sky Sports News' brand new podcasting service is available now.

Team links:
Germany
Jurgen Klinsmann has decided against staying on as coach of Germany following a successful 2006 World Cup.

The former Spurs striker led the hosts to an impressive third-placed finish this summer against all expectations.

Germany won all three of their Group A games before going on to eliminate Sweden and favourites Argentina in the knock-out stage.

Their run came to an end following an extra-time loss to eventual winners Italy, but claimed third spot after drubbing Portugal on Saturday.

German officials wanted Klinsmann to stay on in charge of the nation, but he has informed the German Football Federation (DFB) he wants to step aside.

"I regret his decision, but we have to accept it," DFB co-president Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder told the BBC.

A press conference is to be held in Frankfurt on Wednesday morning where Klinsmann's Germany exit is expected to be confirmed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Bad loss for Germany,i wonder if the DFB will attempt to get Otto Rehagel which would be the ideal appointment for them imo.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Byrone said:
Bad loss for Germany,i wonder if the DFB will attempt to get Otto Rehagel which would be the ideal appointment for them imo.
Yeah, because Rehagel is the perfect person to follow Klinsmanns way to play attractive, offensive football that pressures the opponent's side. ;)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
JuveGER said:
Yeah, because Rehagel is the perfect person to follow Klinsmanns way to play attractive, offensive football that pressures the opponent's side. ;)
Does the Greece NT looks likes a team using offensive football to you???

most probably king Otto will retire after Greece, he is to old for this...

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Jurgen Klinsmann has been replaced by former assistant Joachim Low in charge of Germany.

The 46-year-old has been part of the Germany set-up for just under two years after joining Klinsmann in August 2004.

However, following the former Spurs striker's exit, Low has been promoted on a two-year deal.

Low has been entrusted to ensure the team qualify for Euro 2008 which is to be held in Austria and Switzerland.

Hopes will be high in Germany of going far in Euro 2008 after Klinsmann guided the hosts to third in this summer's World Cup.

Klinsmann, who wants to spend more time with his California-based family, has revealed why he decided to step down.

"I feel burned out," stated Klinsmann, who now intends to take a six-month holiday.

Meanwhile, Low is confident Germany can build on their success this summer by winning silverware in two years' time.

With the likes of Lukas Podolski impressing in the World Cup, Low knows the future is bright for the nation.

"Our goal is to be European champion," said Low.

"We are deeply convinced that we have established ourselves in the top of world soccer again.

"We have a young team that can only improve."

Skysports

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Low could be the ideal replacement or the Klinsi, i heard many ppl say that he is more tactically poised than klinsmann who focuses on motivation and the other side of the game.

however i wanted someone like hitzfield or even lothar mathaues to take the hot seat.

any Danke Klinsi for giving this team some confidence in its abilities and a nation some faith. Goodluck watever u do

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It smells to me like Klinsmann wants to live in Cali with his family and will likely be on the short list of future Team USA coaches now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)