LIPPI QUITS (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
denco said:
Lippi leaves Azzurri
By Simon Fudge - Created on 12 Jul 2006
Italy
Marcello Lippi has resigned as head coach of Italy just days after winning his country's fourth World Cup in Germany
Is that an official news?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Lippi quits Italian job Wednesday 12 July, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi has resigned as Italy Coach just days after winning the World Cup, the Italian Football Federation have confirmed.

Lippi was expected to reject the FIGC’s proposal of a new two-year deal and has today officially stepped down as boss.

“At the end of an extraordinary professional and human experience, at the helm of an exceptional group of players and with a staff of the highest quality, I consider my role as Coach of the Italian national side to have come to an end,” said Lippi in a statement.

“I’ve communicated my desire to leave my post to the Italian Football Federation at the natural conclusion of my contract.

“I thank the Federation for the faith shown in me over these two years of work which have culminated in a result that will live on in history and in the hearts of all Italian fans.”

The former Juventus maestro was handed the job two years ago when he replaced Giovanni Trapattoni in the Azzurri hotseat after a disastrous Euro 2004.

During that time, he has rejuvenated the side on the international stage and successfully led them to the World Cup on Sunday.

Lippis is believed to have already decided to quit before the Germany 2006 campaign kicked-off. It’s unclear what his future now holds even if he admitted recently that he aims to keep coaching.

During his 29 games in charge, Lippi won 18 [including the penalty win over France], drew nine and lost just twice – a 2-0 on his debut against Iceland and a 1-0 in Slovenia which both occurred in 2004.

So who next for Italy? At this stage of the proceedings there seem to be four leading candidates for the now vacant role.

Roberto Donadoni, sacked by Livorno last term, is an early favourite even if Alberto Zaccheroni, Under-21 boss Claudio Gentile and Gianluca Vialli are also options.

source: channel4.com

There you go

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
I hope that Vialli gets the job. Donadoni would not be too bad, either. It should be a young allentaore, IMO...

Forza Lippi! :pint:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
grazie Lippi, you did not show only that you are a great coach, but also a great human who made a great team with great interpersonal relationships, that was the secret of the success

forza LIPPI

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
whats gentile's coaching style like?i think he might be a good option because he's a world cup winner,he's been coaching the u-21 for a while,and he'd know the young talent well ; which is what would replace the likes of del piero,inzaghi,cannvaro etc in the coming years.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
axlrose85 said:
whats gentile's coaching style like?i think he might be a good option because he's a world cup winner,he's been coaching the u-21 for a while,and he'd know the young talent well ; which is what would replace the likes of del piero,inzaghi,cannvaro etc in the coming years.
one is for sure, no other coach in italy is as good as Lippi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)