Only one sentence in honour of lippi and guys (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Lippi got lucky in the final with some outrageous subsitutions which lead to a penalty shoot-out over which no coach in the history of the game has ever had control and I think we ought to remember that in case he ever wants to return to Juventus right before they face a Serie B promotion play-off game.

OP

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I said a sentence man ,in case of Serie B ,make a thread to discuss it ...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Wikipedia said:
    In linguistics, a sentence is a unit of language, characterized in most languages by the presence of a finite verb. In English a sentence starts with a capitalised word and a period at the end.
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    Lippi got lucky in the final with some outrageous subsitutions which lead to a penalty shoot-out over which no coach in the history of the game has ever had control and I think we ought to remember that in case he ever wants to return to Juventus right before they face a Serie B promotion play-off game.
    If you wanted a short sentence filled with happy crap, you should've said that. I'm being realistic, Lippi once again choked in a final.

OP

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    How a win may satisfy you?
    I believe that having luck is an advantage.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    If you wanted a short sentence filled with happy crap, you should've said that. I'm being realistic, Lippi once again choked in a final.
    I have to side a little with Erik here. It's all chummy and happy because Italy won the cup. But if the PK coin toss went the other way (nothing Lippi could have affected anyway), criticism should have rightfully come Lippi's way about how France dominated play after the first half -- and Lippi was ineffective at coming up with an answer other than to hold on for dear life and pray to the PK gods.

May 27, 2006
    Grazie Gigi,Zaccardo,nesta,Canna,MATERAZZI,Zamb,GROSSO, Camo,PIRLO,GATTUSO,derossi, Totti, Gila,Toni, Pippo, Iaquinta, Alex, Gila and all the others.

P.D: Coaches do have control over pk, or didnt u see the shoot-out between germany and argetina?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Lippi you are the man. Del Piero you are the crowned king of World Football. Finally. Zambrotta, Gigi, Materazzi, Grosso, Pirlo, Gattuso, you were all excellent. Grazie! The best team won. Campioni Del Mondo!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Though I am not a great believer of fate if there was one this must be it.

Despite the fact French dominated, I do not think Italia was too much stretched as many make out to be. I always had a gut feeling that Italia would grind the result out.

To sum up,

"Passion, Sacrifice, and Togetherness - the Spirit of Juventini - & What a irony to rediscover it after the scandal."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)