Fringes Outie... (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Frings banned by Fifa
By Peter ORourke | Monday 3rd July

Germany midfielder Torsten Frings will miss Tuesday's World Cup semi-final with Italy after being suspended by Fifa.

Frings was involved in the scuffle involving a number of players following Germany's quarter final win over Argentina last Friday.

Argentine duo Maxi Rodriguez and Leandro Cufre were both charged by Fifa for their involvement in the incident.

All German players were initially cleared by Fifa of any wrongdoing, but they have decided to act after Frings was caught on television aiming a blow at Argentina striker Julio Cruz.

Frings heard his case on Monday and the Werder Bremen midfielder pleaded not guilty to the charge.

However, Fifa have found Frings guilty of violent conduct and he will be forced to miss the clash with Italy.

The news is a blow for Germany boss Jurgen Klinsmann as Frings has been instrumental in helping Germany reach the semi-finals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thread moved to appropriate location.

Good. If I was in charge of FIFA, I would ban Frings for life just because I don't like him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's a blow to Germany, no doubt, but I suspect they will find his absence won't be that strongly felt. That has less to do with the player and more to do with the team.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Erik said:
Tadaaaaaaa

Where's Tino?
here iam!

yes ok it was stupid what frings did and he deserve this ban! but I think there is a bigger shame on argentina!

by the way! Sebastian Kehl will replace Frings! Kehl plays at BVB Dortmund so its a more homegame for him! he will be a good replacment!!

Go Sebastian Kehl!:agree:

no blow in my opinion!

Sep 14, 2003
edpiero said:
Good news for the Azzurri

I'm not so sure. the German media are trying to implicate the Italian FA in asking for a ban, something that FIFA have denied.

The Germans might use it as an extra incentive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)