U.S. Soccer - International football - Juventuz Forums
Page 1 of 244 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Soccer

Cash
    Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)

U.S. Soccer

To all US soccer fans: Claudio Reyna, Eddie Pope, and Brian McBride retired from the National Team this afternoon. Kasey Keller will continue to play for the National Team and hopes to help out in some way in 2010. I'd like to thank them for their contributions to the sport and elevating the level of the American game.
    Booty so strong, it put me in a wheel chair. - Stephen Hawking

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They deserve that panegyric from you

Specially McBride who i think must move to another club instead of fulham

Cash
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Claudio Reyna is, in my opinion, the best player to have ever sported the United States shirt. He might have made a costly error in yesterday's game, something that really bothers me because of his calibre, but over his career he has given so much to our nation that you can't help but forgive him. Reyna was our best distributor, organizer, and tactially sound player we have ever had, and without him we will lose loads of class in midfield. Who do we have to replace Reyna? Absolutely nobody. Cheers and thanks to the best player to have ever played for our nation.

Cheers and thanks to Brian Mcbride as well, who gave his all for our shirt and was one of our all-time best strikers.
    Ogbonna 2016

15M in Hope and Change

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Claudio Reyna is, in my opinion, the best player to have ever sported the United States shirt. He might have made a costly error in yesterday's game, something that really bothers me because of his calibre, but over his career he has given so much to our nation that you can't help but forgive him. Reyna was our best distributor, organizer, and tactially sound player we have ever had, and without him we will lose loads of class in midfield. Who do we have to replace Reyna? Absolutely nobody. Cheers and thanks to the best player to have ever played for our nation.

Cheers and thanks to Brian Mcbride as well, who gave his all for our shirt and was one of our all-time best strikers.

i seriously think that going forward freddy adu can (im not saying will) fill the shoes of Claudio Reyna, this kid will have a world cup career and i hope it is a good one because he is some talent.
    JUVENTINO *262*

Campioni Del Mondo

Beerhouse, Murdertown, Asphalt, Killzone, People's Republic of Corey
    Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good, they are all past their best.
    Let's kick football out of racism.

MILAN, May 8 (Reuters) - Inter Milan are to face a disciplinary hearing after their fans hurled a motor scooter from the second level of the San Siro stadium towards the end of Sunday's game against Atalanta. Reports said Inter supporters brought the scooter into the ground after stealing it from an Atalanta fan during a pre-match scuffle.

I rock on the block for the real Hip-Hop...

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdr
    Good, they are all past their best.

please have some class and dont post stupid opinion's like that.
    JUVENTINO *262*

Campioni Del Mondo

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am the American here, so shut your mouth, chief.

Why don't you go elbow a random American in the face, buddy.

MILAN, May 8 (Reuters) - Inter Milan are to face a disciplinary hearing after their fans hurled a motor scooter from the second level of the San Siro stadium towards the end of Sunday's game against Atalanta. Reports said Inter supporters brought the scooter into the ground after stealing it from an Atalanta fan during a pre-match scuffle.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel bad for McBride. He seems like a very nice guy
    Inter 2 - 5 Schalke
    Friends might not always be friends. That's why you don't tell them everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzU9OrZlKb8

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am the American here, so shut your mouth, chief.

Why don't you go elbow a random American in the face, buddy.

so if your the american you should know what they did throughout their u.s. career. and i shouldnt shut my mouth because im not an american but i am a football fan and i wont see these players in their nations jersey anymore.
    JUVENTINO *262*

Campioni Del Mondo

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ummmm, correct.

Nice to see you can succeed in not making a point.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sad to see them go been wonderful for american football, they had there dream wc which was 2002!!
    they will definalty leave a few holes for US now, get some young talent in but US will always make WC, there qualification is like taking candy from a baby!
    Steve Irwin R.I.P A great icon and a true Australian Legend

Cash
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy

I agree with Reyna's contributions over his whole career ... he definitely should be commended for raising the bar all around.

But I am actually a little less concerned than you about his replacement for future WCs. Granted, there's more to it than one player of course. But if you look at the USA's WC match record where Reyna is a starter, the picture is very, very different. I believe the 2-0 win over Mexico is the only match the U.S. has ever won where Reyna has started (I think the U.S. has been 1-7-2 when he starts in a WC match). That's one statistic we definitely have to improve upon for future players who replace him.

The good news is that this country is finally getting a taste of the disappointment and head-rolling all contending teams go through with each WC. This, in itself, is progress ... much more over the thinking of it requiring a miracle to advance out of the group stage. Expectations are higher, and only good things come from building on that for a developing national team.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ummmm, correct.

Nice to see you can succeed in not making a point.

dude your a fag, i made my point when i said have some class.....
    Last edited by Morra10; 24.06.2006 at 08:02.
    JUVENTINO *262*

Campioni Del Mondo

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a fag, and I have no class, so stick your point right up your fat ass.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    What are the chances of Adu playing for Ghana?
    "Sentenze, penalit e retrocessione non fermeranno la nostra passione"

Quem no gosta de Juventus bom sujeito no , Ou ruim da cabea, ou doente do p. Eu nasci com o Juventus no Juventus me criei, E do danado do Juventus, nunca me separei

Cash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Tahir
    Zippo,he's one of them wannabes that deny their roots,anyway he already made his decision to play for USA.

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrone
    Zippo,he's one of them wannabes that deny their roots,anyway he already made his decision to play for USA.
    I thought so. That's pretty sad.
    "Sentenze, penalit e retrocessione non fermeranno la nostra passione"

Quem no gosta de Juventus bom sujeito no , Ou ruim da cabea, ou doente do p. Eu nasci com o Juventus no Juventus me criei, E do danado do Juventus, nunca me separei

Cash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me more about Bobby Convey than Google can? He was, for me, one of the bright sparks in the ridiculous Italy-USA match, and it was sad to see him taken off.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    I thought so. That's pretty sad.
    I don't necessarily think so. If someone wishes to become a citizen of another country, whether voluntarily or through their parents, I would much rather see them play for that country than through some uncle's bloodline and an old postal address in some country they've long since moved away from.
    "Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Cash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Seems i was a bit off.

Adu hints at Ghana option

American teenage sensation Freddy Adu has hinted he may play his international football for Ghana instead of USA.

The DC United midfielder is still eligible to play for both countries, despite appearing for United States against Canada in a friendly in January.

However, as the match was not sanctioned by Fifa, he has still yet to officially make his international debut and therefore could choose to play for Ghana instead of USA.

Speaking after The Black Stars' win over USA on Thursday, Adu admitted he was supporting both nations during the game as he has aspirations to be taking part in the 2010 finals for one of the two countries.

"I really honestly didn't lean one way. I was born and raised in Ghana, I moved here and am an American citizen," Adu told ESPN's Pardon the Interruption.

"I had said in several interviews that I was gonna play for USA but I haven't got the chance to do that yet so when you really think about it, I can't go against either team.

"Hopefully in 2010 I will be on the World Cup team, I don't know if it will be for the US or Ghana because I haven't got a chance to play for either team.

"I love Ghana and I love the United States and I'm torn right down the middle so we'll see and hopefully in the near future I get a chance to play for either the US or Ghana and hopefully I make the right decision."

Adu was pencilled in by USA coach Bruce Arena as an outside possibility to go to the World Cup finals after participating in a training camp with the entire squad earlier this year.

After seeing Arena's men first-hand, the 17-year-old admits he was surprised at their failure to reach the second round, but believes Ghana's progress will give a huge boost to his native land.

"I went to camp with the team for a couple of weeks and this team was good, I actually thought the US team was going to be one of the fittest teams at the tournament, the guys were fit and ready to go," he continued.

"I was really surprised that we didn't get a better outcome but like I said, I was born and raised in Ghana so I'm glad that Ghana are going through.

"I don't know if I can put it into words how important it is [to the people of Ghana].

"It's so important on so many levels, for the whole country. Thursday was pretty much a national holiday in Ghana. The whole country was watching and it seems we weren't just doing it for Ghana, we were doing it for the whole of Africa."

Meanwhile, Adu has confirmed he could leave the United States to join a club abroad as soon as the end of the current MLS season.

"I will be going overseas," he added. "That's my goal, I will be going overseas."

All of Europe's top clubs have been linked with signing Adu, with Chelsea and Manchester United among the favourites to capture the starlet.

With the current MLS season well underway, Adu could be available to move to Europe during next year's January transfer window.

Source: Skysports